The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

Not to double-post, but inspired by the name, I came out with this RCT2 behemoth. It's a very quick rendering where I took what the name evoked and threw in some unique elements. Do note that it is a hyper that's in the 240-260 range, however, a giga would obviously be taller. Enjoy! :D

RCT2 coaster.jpg

EDIT: And because it's hard to see, there are black supports, purple track and lime green rails (because those looked cooler to me). It also has separate entrance and exit stations.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, CoasterManiac48 said:

Is the ridership on Adventure Express high? It could potentially be removed in order to make way for a new Giga. Every time I visit Kings Island, it never has a long wait. If removed for this, it would make a clear path to the open space behind Banshee or FOF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You dare try to break the 11th commandment! haha, but to be serious, I don't see Adventure Express leaving soon. Its big and fun enough to not be classified as a children ride, but not a super thrilling attraction. AE is there to help ease to the bigger rides. Also the queue is almost full on most Saturdays and a somewhat decent lines on others days. Not to mention plenty of people adore the ride.

• Like 5

^^^Lol. That would have been my only concern. It is a step in between the kiddie coasters and the thrill rides. I don't think that they can use the SOB station to access the land behind Banshee. That would leave only X-Base to build. They would have to build their way around Firehawk to access that land. I think if they decide to build in X-Base that they should take DA out. That would allow for a lot more space. However, this would result in a move in maintenance buildings as mentioned above. The only thing is, I am not a fan of the name Gigasaur but I do like the location.

Behind the Crypt building, between Diamondback and The Beast is plenty of room to build one or more coasters.  Personally I want to see this combined with removing the Crypt building but it is not a requirement to use this land.  Might require grading depending on how far back the station is built.

Keep most of the maintenance buildings next to X-base and only remove the two farthest from The Racer and you have the space to build a coaster without impacting the Dinosaurs.  Would be easy to just build a replacement building(s) between Racer and Flight of Fear.  These types of buildings are really cheap which is why the park has been building similar buildings for use as haunts. 

Remove Congo Falls and you have tons of space for a coaster.  Which I want to point out I view as very likely for the next coaster.

There you go enough space for 3-4 coasters without major expansion, or removing a single coaster.  Although by the time these areas are used Dinosaurs Alive will likely have run its course or the park will start replacing coasters.

• Like 2

I think I'd prefer a multilaunch behind the Crypt building. Seeing it dart above and below the trees would be a sight to see. Plus it could be designed so that it doesn't take much away from Beast's isolation. I feel like a massive giga would just loom over there, making The Beast feel small and in the middle of the park

*Edit* I'm not saying Kings Island should get both, in just saying that if I had a choice, I'd rather have a multilaunch back there. I wouldn't complain if a giga was back there though

I think they could put in a Giga around DA without impacting it much, there is room for another path on the opposite sides of the bents for Racer from the empty pad there. I always thought it would be neat to pull a Maverick and put a multi launch where Congo Falls is. As stated by others KI still has plenty of spaces for new coasters without removing anything. I even think the SOB station could be used if they were willing to build somewhat of a tunnel (double decker) to move between The Bat and Banshee.  There is still room for a brake run and an element for leaving the station. Would be great for a woodie. 

On 2/16/2017 at 9:08 PM, Xdog42 said:

Yeah, I learned that people here are really attached to the coasters at KI.

Most of them. Vortex is a bit of an odd one in that regard. Some of us love it and don't ever want to see it removed. And some of us would rejoice if Kings Island announced tomorrow that this was its final season. I personally fall into the latter category. :)

23 minutes ago, jcgoble3 said:

Most of them. Vortex is a bit of an odd one in that regard. Some of us love it and don't ever want to see it removed. And some of us would rejoice if Kings Island announced tomorrow that this was its final season. I personally fall into the latter category. :)

I'm neutral. Vortex is a good ride and I like it a lot. Though if KI says the will remove it tomorrow I won't be sad about it at all. Personally, I want it to stay as long as possible but once it does get removed I won't be mad. (thought if it does I want them to build a good coaster their in honor for Vortex.

• Like 1

^Isn't the new Ferrari Land launch coaster a giga?

Also, in terms of conventional chainlift, I believe Kings Island's will be taller. It's easier to advertise if it's the tallest, even if it's only by a few feet. To the average person "The Tallest Giga Coaster in the Americas" is more appealing than "Tallest Giga Coaster in the Midwest"

Just to throw in my 2 cents. I think a Giga would best work in the DA area without removing anything, not huge on the Gigasaur name but wouldn't freak out if it was that. The other place I could kinda see it being is if they removed/moved Invertigo and congo falls and put it toward the front, I doubt they will cause 1 it would ruin the skyline and 2 it means the removal of rides that don't need to be removed. 

As for the mention to a multi launch I personally think either the land behind Beast or The Vortex plot would make for a great area to put in a low winding launch coaster. The one other crazy idea I would kinda love to see yet not at the same time is: AE is removed,don't crucify me yet, for a multi launch that would dip in and out of the area, after seeing Taron I would love to see even a fraction of the themeing it has to help out Oktoberfest. Plus you could easily find a good name from the german mythology if you wanna stick with that.

• Like 3