The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

To all you guys wanting Intamins- are their designs really worth the hassle to the park that they bring?  Many of us have posted time and time again the problems that come with Intamins, why do you look past that in terms of what direction you think the park will actually go if they go for a giga? 

You all know it'll be a B&M.  I'd put money on it. 

• Like 6

That's a fair response. When it comes to pushing innovation, I think it's a great thing, just wish that there would be more error proofing before release. I also believe the trend has been more about family rides vs roller coasters with the major companies, aside from Six Flags that just kinda does random rides and/or RMC conversions. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2018 at 3:28 PM, mayaman2 said:

Since we're talking about Dive coasters now, I'd rather see one come to KI than a giga. B&M would be nice, but depending on whether or not Bangtime is good, I'd also love to see a Gerstlauer come to the park (there's not much diversity... 2 B&Ms, 3 Arrows, 3 Vekomas, 2 Premiers, a PTC, GCI, and an in-house, with many manufacturers doing multiple KI flats as well).

A great place for one really would be in Action Zone in part of SoB's unused plot. The terrain is fantastic and would make a great place for a wing or a dive. Just please, make them better than GateKeeper/Valravn, we don't need mediocre rides.

IIRC, you are missing a second PTC, an E&F Miler, and a Zamperla.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, rhyano said:

I'd rather have a Mack type just because of reliability concerns, but I don't really want a giga, and I feel like a Mack terrain launch coaster would be so much more unique. 

Watched a coaster show the other night on helix.  The park owner was worried about a couple enthusiasts coming to write a review on the park.  Ride broke down several times for sensor issues.  

• Like 1

I mean every coaster can have its issues. Even everyone's beloved B&M's can have issues. So I wouldn't be worried about that at all. Mack would be different that is for sure. I'd hate to have it be lame though. There is no such thing as a lame Intamin haha :wub: 

• Like 1