The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

3 hours ago, JubJester said:

I hope if we have a Giga it has black seats, so there will a load of Facebook comments and tweets about how it will be "too hot". Despite people covering them and moving at high speeds.

If that is the case, I will be saying this about Diamondback like mad.  (Then there will be less people in line ahead of me)  :D

• Like 2

Does anybody else think that it's a coincidence that there is a 20 year Gap between some attractions that Kings Island and Cedar Point have?

Magnum XL 200, a hyper coaster, opened in 1989, while Diamondback, also a hyper coaster, opened 20 years later in 2009. Also Raptor, a B&M invert, opened in 1994, while Banshee, also a B&M invert, open 20 years later in 2014. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

Does anybody else think that it's a coincidence that there is a 20 year Gap between some attractions that Kings Island and Cedar Point have?

Magnum XL 200, a hyper coaster, opened in 1989, while Diamondback, also a hyper coaster, opened 20 years later in 2009. Also Raptor, a B&M invert, opened in 1994, while Banshee, also a B&M invert, open 20 years later in 2014. 

Put me down for $20 on a giga in 2020.

• Like 1

Yeah but that pattern didn't apply to Mystic Timbers. It was built 21 years after the first GCI. There's two instances of this claim, but honesty it's all just complex economics and corporate politics NONE of us actually understand no matter how much we pretend. I'm in for the 19 boat, but I wouldn't nail anything down based on patterns. That's just my view, I don't intend to come off argumentative or hostile.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

I was originally in the 19 boat but seeing as CW is getting a Dive for 2019, I'd be suprised if a giga came earlier than 2020

Yeah, the alleged Dive coaster at CW and the secret Carowinds project for 2019 (assuming it's a coaster) makes me think that 2020 is the more likely year for us to get our giga as well.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

^^ The hotel they tore down is being replaced with RV camp spots..... Not sure about the area the stadium was in. Its a small space so assuming nothing large. Unless they move WindSeeker or wicked twister.

There's still a good amount of room behind the RV camp spots. Even Tony Clark pointed it out. I'm assuming if it's a coaster its something that will run out there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

I don’t know SOB, it just doesn’t seem like their style.  Has CF done that kind of stuff in the past?  

They added vr to Iron Dragon so they could be exploring new things all around. I have no recollection of a time when they changed their rides to go backwards at any of their parks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

@Maverick44 what don’t you like about it?  Sure it’s old and the racing aspect is broken but it isn’t really rough, no headbanging.  Best of all the wait is usually short.  

Its just really boring to me. Racer is 10x better in my mind. I think CP could use that area of land for something way better.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ok, I saw on Facebook today where someone showed us pictures of Stingers destruction and he recommended us to ride Invertigo this year because he is starting to think that Invertigo is next. Even though I'm doubting Invertigo will be leaving, I wouldn't be surprised if both Invertigo and Congo Falls are on the chopping block. I even think that if KI really wants to put in a new "guest greeting" coaster at the front of the park that they should maybe build a new and improved Timberwolf theatre behind Banshee. That's just my thoughts. I made the following picture on what I think a giga could look like there. Fwi the name I chose is Centurion just because it fits with where it's located and the Kings Mills Area.

IMG_20180410_164650_498.jpg

• Like 1

That looks cool, but I would prefer a giga coaster more towards the back of the park. Cedar Fair has added so many front gate coasters within the past couple years that it's become extremely repetitive. A dive coaster, if the park were to ever get one, would be a better choice for the front of the park than a giga IMO. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Ok, I saw on Facebook today where someone showed us pictures of Stingers destruction and he recommended us to ride Invertigo this year because he is starting to think that Invertigo is next. Even though I'm doubting Invertigo will be leaving, I wouldn't be surprised if both Invertigo and Congo Falls are on the chopping block. I even think that if KI really wants to put in a new "guest greeting" coaster at the front of the park that they should maybe build a new and improved Timberwolf theatre behind Banshee. That's just my thoughts. I made the following picture on what I think a giga could look like there. Fwi the name I chose is Centurion just because it fits with where it's located and the Kings Mills Area.

IMG_20180410_164650_498.jpg

That will not happen, for one the length of the thing would be insane. It's not to scale on the map, the length of the lift and drop are about the length of Banshee alone.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

That looks cool, but I would prefer a giga coaster more towards the back of the park. Cedar Fair has added so many front gate coasters within the past couple years that it's become extremely repetitive. A dive coaster, if the park were to ever get one, would be a better choice for the front of the park than a giga IMO. 

I agree that this isn't the most likely option out there. I would definitely prefer the back of the park to draw crowds back there since a front gate coaster would be a little repetitive to CP, Carowinds, and CW. A dive imo would look better if they chose to take out Vortex and put it there since imo Vortex has a very similar footprint to a dive coaster. 

13 hours ago, spooky21 said:

That will not happen, for one the length of the thing would be insane. It's not to scale on the map, the length of the lift and drop are about the length of Banshee alone.

Giga coasters are supposed to be long because they go very very fast. I do agree that it's not the most likely spot, but if they did put it there, I wouldn't complain. The map would probably have to change and they have changed their maps before. This is just a random sketch I did. It wouldn't look anything like that in real life if it were to come true. 

• Like 1

If they did a giga gate coaster I'd like the first drop to go under the front gate area so guests can see on a bridge. It would also be cool to have parts of the coaster go back near The Bat. It won't happen though. As stated before somewhere on this site there is no plan to re do any gates for any other park in the chain.

• Like 1

If the Gigacoaster is built in Action Zone and the park does remove Invertigo, here’s what I think can happen. The ride plaza will be where Invertigo was located. The gigacoaster station would be more towards the right or left, depending on where you’re standing, of Invertigo’s footprint (in red). The lift hill can come straight out of the station like Diamondback and head toward Great Wolf Lodge following Columbia Rd. After the first drop and a second hill, the ride could make a right turn behind The Bat. The turn around would be situated between Banshee and The Bat. Of course there would be some other elements along the way, but this picture just gives a rough birds eye view.c9bcfb55fb63d176931ac2152ed5c84a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1