The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

Mike Koontz did say before Dino's closed that the Dino's area won't be open to the public quite yet and he didn't say why. 

9 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Yes, but there’s also green survey markers on all the trees nearby indicating the placement of new sewer lines around the park. Given the drainage pipes seen by Beast, all the projects could be linked.C26E3300-9A28-47B2-A2E4-30CEDF01BFD1.jpeg

65AE4926-B873-47FF-BEAD-6C2B37B11DCE.jpeg1C7AFDC1-AE5F-4B82-8E89-745E78A42B58.jpegF9BAEDE0-DDC3-448F-9471-14285616660A.jpeg

Where are these green things located in the park?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

He did say that as well, but when the guy asked if the area would be open for people to walk through, he said not yet.

That "Guy" would be me. :) 

That interview was 6 months ago. We don't know what Mike told us then is still the case now? Things can change on a dime. The next day after that interview corporate could have made others plans.

My point: We can't hold to tight to that interview at this point.

As for the Giga in DA. The point I think some are trying to make is that they are not convinced some tree removal and sewer pipes mean a Giga. For them they need more evidence before coming to that conclusion.

• Like 5

Hooray I would love to see more pics from this past weekend and any updates! Let me know if there is an area with more pics!

I think we are way too early in the game to see anything just yet. I do however wonder what that green tape means and the numbers on them.

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

Hooray I would love to see more pics from this past weekend and any updates! Let me know if there is an area with more pics!

I think we are way too early in the game to see anything just yet. I do however wonder what that green tape means and the numbers on them.

Here’s a video of both clearing by Beast, and topographical alterations in old Dino attraction.

CF419990-1913-464D-A528-8F8E4FF73A6E.MOV

1 hour ago, Codyfryguy said:

I'm not either

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I was unable to open that link as well.

2 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

I agree that it is early. Imo maybe the location where the old dig site was could be where a turn is. I think it's a possibility that we could be seeing more action later this season. 

I truly think that if a new coaster was coming in 2019, especially a Giga, they would not avoid the chance to start whetting our appetites. The "watch for falling trees" signs were on the new fence in Rivertown when it first appeared in 2016. The lack of foreshadowing is forcing me to push my hopes to 2020. 

• Like 3

The clearing and tree cutting could be as simple as what they needed to do to remove the dinos. The fence is what they would have to do to keep people from walking into the old dino area or into The Racer area. Nothing to see here.

Yet. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

I agree with above. I do not see Ki getting a coaster till 2021. IMO.

I know everyone wants a GIGA, but i'd rather have a Maverick. That is probably one of the funnest coasters I've ever rode

actually probably second best ride I've enjoyed behind Top thrill dragster

Edited by LuvingKI
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, LuvingKI said:

I know everyone wants a GIGA, but i'd rather have a Maverick. That is probably one of the funnest coasters I've ever rode

As much as I would love something like Maverick, I don't see it happening since Cedar Fair doesn't work with Intamin. A giga would actually be a GP eye catcher. The thought of dropping over 300 feet at over 90 mph is something that catches the GPs eye. 

12 minutes ago, fryoj said:

How did you determine they were healthy? 

They weren’t Ash trees, hence removal for EAB would be unnecessary.

10 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Trees also overgrow and could then cause a collision hazard as well.  

Its also going to look more spacious because the leaves haven't grown in yet.  

Very true. However, can anyone explain why remove a 50 foot tall tree that is over 100 feet from the coaster?

https://youtu.be/rTyN-vvFIkE

7 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

They weren’t Ash trees, hence removal for EAB would be unnecessary.

Very true. However, can anyone explain why remove a 50 foot tall tree that is over 100 feet from the coaster?

https://youtu.be/rTyN-vvFIkE

I didn't ask you if it was an ash tree.

Also, how do you determine the height of a missing tree? Did you have pics of it from last year? Do you have photographic tree memory? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fryoj said:

I didn't ask you if it was an ash tree.

Also, how do you determine the height of a missing tree? Did you have pics of it from last year? Do you have photographic tree memory? 

1. I was answering someone else.

2. There were still trunks of the fallen trees on the ground. 

I don't understand why a tree being removed is a part of this discussion. Trees get removed all the time, by professionals. Trees get removed every year at the park and all around the city.

There was a tree near International Street by the funnel cake place that got removed a year ago so. This was because the brick around it was rising. Not because a new attraction was coming.

• Like 2