Jump to content

Countdown to Opening Day for the 2021 Season: May 15th 11:00 AM!

Kings Island is now open for 2021.

The Giga Speculation Thread


Recommended Posts

 

8 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

2017 was actually Kings Island’s most heavily attended season ever.

Not disputing this but how do know this?  Something official for CF?

7 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

KI could get something like HangTime to replace Invertigo?

I would be happy if they replaced it with a garden hose.  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let me restate my last post. We are done with B&M vs Intamin.  It adds nothing to this thread. Any further posts will be removed.

Found them. LOL

To summarize the last 30 pages for those who don't want to read them: Intamin! No, B&m. No, Intamin. No B&M. But I reallllllllllllllllllly want an Intamin cause reasons. No, they break do

Posted Images

Here is my current 10 year plan.

2019 - new flat ride package in Coney Mall

2020 - Planet Snoopy Expansion and 2021 prep.

2021 - B&M giga in the back of Coney Mall in the Action Theatre area.

2022 - 50th anniversary celebration. Bring back antique cars + new bathrooms and restaurant in Xbase.

2023 - Soak City expansion

2024 - new flat ride.

2025 - dark ride in Crypt building + 2026 prep

2026 - RMC woodie between Diamondback and Beast behind the dark ride (old crypt building)

2027 - Planet Snoopy expansion and Invertigo/Congo Falls removal

2028 - Soak City expansion + 2029 prep.

2029 - B&M wing to replace Invertigo and Congo Falls.

I will most likely be way off, but this is my current 10 year plan for Kings Island 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Here is my current 10 year plan.

2019 - new flat ride package in Coney Mall

2020 - Planet Snoopy Expansion and 2021 prep.

2021 - B&M giga in the back of Coney Mall in the Action Theatre area.

2022 - 50th anniversary celebration. Bring back antique cars + new bathrooms and restaurant in Xbase.

2023 - Soak City expansion

2024 - new flat ride.

2025 - dark ride in Crypt building + 2026 prep

2026 - RMC woodie between Diamondback and Beast behind the dark ride (old crypt building)

2027 - Planet Snoopy expansion and Invertigo/Congo Falls removal

2028 - Soak City expansion + 2029 prep.

2029 - B&M wing to replace Invertigo and Congo Falls.

I will most likely be way off, but this is my current 10 year plan for Kings Island 

 

 

The plan is awesome, please make it all happen in the next 5 years 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

^ They won't place all the wooden coaster in the park in 1 area. If they ever get another wooden coaster I am thinking it's gonna be Action Zone. maybe replacing Invertigo and Congo falls and Timberwolf.

Add'l - They won't place a wing coaster at the front gate and copy CP. Also why remove 2 rides and not replace the very next season? They would leave Inverigo and Congo Falls open until they get a  replacement for the very next season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

KI could get something like HangTime to replace Invertigo?

That is a possibility, but KI has a lot of coasters with inversions, as Knott's does not. Plus, KI just got Banshee somewhat recently, which is why I believe they would want to put something different in. Logic points to a Giga being the next coaster, but, my logic and their ROI could be much different. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just thinking of something with a small footprint. We are starting to seem the end of the boomerang's. I mean they have 4 coasters that have inversions.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JudeHoward said:

I chose my words poorly. I mean to imply we will never be the roller coaster capital such as they are. More along those lines.

You're are correct. Roller coasters and don't forget the location too with the lake and beach.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2018 at 7:38 PM, SonofBaconator said:

I don't see why not since there aren't that many wooden coasters from RMC. Kings Island has an excellent wooden coaster lineup so I could see the park being interested in an RMC woodie.

I agree.BFBA4218-1AFC-43C1-8D45-BC91F150445A.jpeg

D641FA3D-0F72-42D6-8BDC-FB4B1953AB0A.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tera Ryzing said:

Park not doing well enough for the Cedar Fair brass...

I am not following your post? Are you trying to say CF does not think the park is performing well enough for a giga?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I do apologise for making this thread go a little over the line. I think we should all calm down and appreciate what we have and maybe do a little giga layout things (those are always fun). Don't expect a new coaster until 2020 - 2022 is all I think we should leave this at. I think @Grobbleis right that this thread should've died like 50 pages ago. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just realized this. Considering DA was already surveyed (prior to 2011 construction, and postconstruction), there might not actually be a need for surveying as the park already knows the properties of the land. Just my 2 cents worth.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gforce1994 said:

Just realized this. Considering DA was already surveyed (prior to 2011 construction, and postconstruction), there might not actually be a need for surveying as the park already knows the properties of the land. Just my 2 cents worth.

They would need to mark for a station, queuing area, maintenance area, as well as mark trees that would have to be removed for the coaster to safely travel through the area. They would also need to mark for underground electrical work for the motors of the ride and would need to mark for where they are going to pour footers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

...what the hell happened today?

On second thought, don't answer that question, because doing so would probably restart the whole argument.

IMHO this thread ought to be locked until we have hard evidence to base the speculation on. Otherwise, this thread appears to have exhausted all potential arguments and is now stuck in an infinite loop.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I am not following your post? Are you trying to say CF does not think the park is performing well enough for a giga?

I am saying the park is not performing up the the suits' expectations.  It's like saying, bill,tom, sue are doing a great job at work and not recognizing the others.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...