The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

Just now, Maverick44 said:

No thank you. Dive coasters are meh. Valrvn is very blah.  Imo that is lol

Is that the only one you've been on? If so, I can understand your view point (even though I enjoy Valravn). However, the other once I've been on, Griffon, far beat my expectations and was far from blah.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

Is that the only one you've been on? If so, I can understand your view point (even though I enjoy Valravn). However, the other once I've been on, Griffon, far beat my expectations and was far from blah.

I have also been on Shekra or however you spell it. That was much more fun in my eyes. Valrvn is good just think we could do much better. I am not sure if they would add another dive coaster in the same state. I might shed a single tear if and when Vortex goes bye bye. My first upside down coaster.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I have also been on Shekra or however you spell it. That was much more fun in my eyes. Valrvn is good just think we could do much better. I am not sure if they would add another dive coaster in the same state. I might shed a single tear if and when Vortex goes bye bye. My first upside down coaster.

Completely understandable. I thought Valravn was great (as it was my first dive coaster), until I rode Griffon. 

• Like 1

I'd be very sad! I just started riding Vortex again three years ago. I'd be up for an RMC overhaul of Vortex, though...think about it...increase the lift hill, use Ibox track, throw in some barrel rolls by the midway, get rid of the rough transition before the MCBR...replace the helix of vomit with something awesome...

Hey you watch your mouth! ;-) 
Kidding of course! I wouldn't necessarily be upset if Vortex went away, but I'd be a little sad.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

What is so great about the other dives?   Valravn is the only one I have been on and while the first dive is fun the rest is just ho hum. Certainly a lot more fun to be had up there.   I think watching it is just as fun as riding it. 

Shekra has a splash down and a tunnel! hahaha

• Like 1

I loved Valravyn until I rode Sheikra. I don't know what the difference was but it's definitely seemed better. I still love Valrayvn just not as much. As someone else has said, there's some great rides to be had at CP, especially since I rode steel vengeance

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

What is so great about the other dives?   Valravn is the only one I have been on and while the first dive is fun the rest is just ho hum. Certainly a lot more fun to be had up there.   I think watching it is just as fun as riding it. 

Pacing, layout, bigger isn't always better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

King cobra was mine

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kifan91 said:

I personally think we should be happy we get coasters I don’t care who manufactures them just be glad we’re not like worlds of fun migchan adventure etc

Very valid point. We are very privileged to have what we do at KI.

• Like 5

Valravn's problem is the restraints.  There's no room for them to allow any sort of weightlessness since they pin you down to the seat.  Only the back seat had anything close to weightlessness.  Griffon and SheiKra have the old school B&M overhead restraints, and they have more wiggle room than the newer vest restraints.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, silver2005 said:

Valravn's problem is the restraints.  There's no room for them to allow any sort of weightlessness since they pin you down to the seat.  Only the back seat had anything close to weightlessness.  Griffon and SheiKra have the old school B&M overhead restraints, and they have more wiggle room than the newer vest restraints.

I disagree, I've gotten some great airtime/weightlessness on Valravn and the restraints are just fine IMO. 

• Like 2

I absolutely love Valravn.  The pure size of it always amazes me. I get it's someone's opinion, but that coaster is far from "blah" in many people's eyes. The elements on that ride are really enjoyable especially the drop (no suprise there).

• Like 4

Add me to the list of "Valravn Lubbers". :P

I was actually not expecting much from it, but I rode it in the front row, and was shocked at how good it actually was. The first drop was pretty epic, and I actually got airtime on it which surprised me since I didn't think you'd get any going straight down. Then came the big immelman loop, which had a nice amount of g-forces. The 2nd 90-degree drop was similar to the first but smaller, and the airtime hill at the end of the ride actually gave a decent amount of airtime, which surprised me given the model of coaster I was riding was not exactly meant for airtime.

Valravn is actually my current favorite B&M right now, though I have only been on 6 coasters the company has made (Valravn, Banshee, GateKeeper, Raptor, Diamondback, and Rougarou). Granted, that could change if the appeal of the dives and stuff wears off with re-rides (which, if all goes according to plan, will probably happen here in about a week or so as I plan to get back to CP for a weekend visit). Also if this is one of the weaker B&M Dive Coasters, then I have to ride SheiKra and Griffon, because they are probably amazing then.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, silver2005 said:

Being a smaller guy, its hard for me to not get stapled in the seat by those newer B&M vest restraints like on Banshee, GateKeeper, and Valravn.  

I don’t understand.   Do the ride ops staple you or do the forces staple it down as the ride progresses?  Either way I don’t see understand how ones size makes much of a difference.  Being bigger I am always stapled in from git go.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1