Mystic Timbers Tuesdays

calakapepe

I might have to make a couple of evening trips on Tuesdays. Not having to choose between Beast & Mystic Timbers for a true night ride will be nice.

35 minutes ago, calakapepe said:

I do hope I can partake in the Mystic Timbers exclusive ride time on Tuesday nights because my GF will be able to with her pass.. But I doubt they or other passholders would want KI employees to come in line 

As far as I know, passholder ERT is only for those with a current season pass.

Employees can purchase a pass to get into passholder-specific ride times or to buy season dining plans, but it might not be worth the cost since you already get free admission & parking.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, calakapepe said:

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/things-to-do/events-and-promotions

Have fun Tuesday night, people :P

I do hope I can partake in the Mystic Timbers exclusive ride time on Tuesday nights because my GF will be able to with her pass.. But I doubt they or other passholders would want KI employees to come in line 

But, on the brighter side we will get first ride time on Mystic Timbers before the public Opening Day and Ride Nights !

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, jdf21972 said:

But, on the brighter side we will get first ride time on Mystic Timbers before the public Opening Day and Ride Nights !

That is if Mystic Timbers is running during Preview Night. Remember, they have not released any information regarding Preview Night yet. So we may have to wait until opening day to ride Mystic Timbers. That would royally suck but it could happen I guess...

That is if Mystic Timbers is running during Preview Night. Remember, they have not released any information regarding Preview Night yet. So we may have to wait until opening day to ride Mystic Timbers. That would royally suck but it could happen I guess...

I was referring to Employee Dry Run day. Usually the Sunday before Opening Day. When Banshee debuted , I was able to ride it before any media , preview day event. Only for employees. Hoping they have another one this year for Mystic Timbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, jdf21972 said:

I was referring to Employee Dry Run day. Usually the Sunday before Opening Day. When Banshee debuted , I was able to ride it before any media , preview day event. Only for employees. Hoping they have another one this year for Mystic Timbers.

That would be nice, though, I thinking maybe not since the Returner Bash poses prizes for a chance to be among the first riders for Mystic Timbers.... On April 13th. :o
April 14th is a private event, so I'm not anticipating an employee dry run as you said there was for Banshee, unfortunately.

• Like 1

KI commented on a FB post today saying preview night info would be released soon!ae40a7368cd3fa773fd679f756bb0b9e.png
  • Like 4

And even then, you are going to be flying by the WWC turntable.  So if the lights are still on (which they would need to be on as long as WWC is open), it shouldn`t impact things too much.  I know that the train has been operating until 9pm on most days the park is open until 10pm or later.  And I know in the past that WWC has not opened on some days until noon.  Does WWC close early too?  I can`t say that I have ridden WWC in years.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jdf21972 said:

Don stated before closing day last year that Employees wouldn't know what is in the Shed even with a dry run. (At least that's what it sounded like.) I need to find that post, but I do remember seeing it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

And even then, you are going to be flying by the WWC turntable.  So if the lights are still on (which they would need to be on as long as WWC is open), it shouldn`t impact things too much.  I know that the train has been operating until 9pm on most days the park is open until 10pm or later.  And I know in the past that WWC has not opened on some days until noon.  Does WWC close early too?  I can`t say that I have ridden WWC in years.

WWC is my better halfs favorite ride in the park. I can say that on more than one occasion she has rode it up until park closing. 

^^ that was what Don said to me, so it was probably my post. He said until the first /guests/ went through nobody would know what was in the shed including employees that did dry runs. 

I don't know how this will work assuming a media day and season pass preview, and the auction for first rides which I believe has been officially announced. They may have changed their minds, they may have something in mind to make media day interesting while still not revealing the contents of the shed. But it was how it was explained to me last year. 

If what is in the shed is what I assume (something on screens) it will be fairly easy to hide the content. Either wait to install the screens, remove them, cover them, or simply shut them off. But I have no idea that I am correct or not about what will be in there. 

• Like 2

I'd be happy even if the shed wasn't revealed during a dry run :P
But bonus if it is.. not sure if KI will put trust in their seasonal employees over this. Don't want to ruin it a couple days before :P

But like I said, I'd be surprised if there even is a dry run. I think Media day should have the shed revealed though, right? Does that make sense to still hide it?

• Like 1

Looks like Tuesday will be my KI day this year. Good thing I usually work in the morning, so I can just go next door after 4 and get in some night rides. I just wonder if I'll have time for something like Beast night ride before then, but tuedays aren't usually that busy...

Once Cirque starts, I typically tried to plan my visits on days other than their day off. Last year that was Tuesday (I think it was in previous seasons as well but my memory is crap). I kind of hope they have a different day off now, but the late Mr. T ERT is probably going to be enough to bring me on Tuesdays while it is going on, regardless. 

• 3 months later...

I'll be there. I planed this trip a month ago and didn't know about the ERT until just now. Awesome! I plan on riding it early and late. I went to preview night and after an hour bailed on the line so this will be my first. I'm looking forward to this because Tuesday is going to be when I plan trips. 

• Like 1

Remember to be extra kind to the employees who are staying late for Timbers Tuesdays for us passholders. They'd normally be going home shortly after 8 with the normal closing time, but they'll likely be there until after 10 with the additional ride time, so be kind and say thanks to people like first aid workers, ride ops, guest services, security, lost and found workers, etc who will be there extended hours for us!

• Like 2