Kings Island Questions For You

kingsislandfan1972

1. What is the earliest memory at Kings Island that you can remember?

2. What is your all-time favorite KI roller coaster?

3. What is your favorite area at Kings Island? (example: Action Zone, International Street, Soak City ; etch)

4. If you could bring back any ride back to Kings Island, what would it be?

5. What are you most excited for in the 2017 season?

• Like 2

1. I have a couple: Being pushed around Winterfest in a stroller and riding the original Enchanted Voyage in Hanna-Barbera Land.

2. Has to be Adventure Express.  This was one of my first "bigger" coasters when I was a kid, so it has some sentimental meaning to me.

3. I always liked River Town.

4. Phantom Theater

5. Mystic Timbers and Winterfest!

• Like 3

1. Definitely that one time I rode Phantom Theater when I was little. I got off crying and never rode again.

2. Adventure Express, for sure.

3. I really like the idea of Oktoberfest and Rivertown, but I feel like both (especially Oktoberfest) have gotten pretty far away from their original intents. I'd love to go back in time and experience both in their original forms.

4. Tomb Raider: The Ride. Big surprise, haha.

5. I'm looking forward to Friday nights after Origins opens this year. Friday nights are always a fun time to go to the park, and I'm really excited to have both Origins and Mystic Timbers available this year. (I don't know what I'm going to do with myself once the cirque shows leave!)

• Like 1

1. Watching Vortex, being near the Carosuel, or seeing the climbing maze thing.

2. Either Bat or Banshee

3. My favorite area of the park is Action Zone, with Soak City and Rivertown in 2nd and 3rd place

4. Maybe? I was too scared to ride when I was a kid.*

5. Mystic Timbers, just being in the park again riding great rides and the triumphant return of Cirque (and hopefully DuoFannick!) 

*EDIT: So, I don't think I correctly answered the 4th question; I thought it was about if they should bring Phantom Theatre back. In answer to the newly proposed question, I'll say King Cobra. I never got to ride it (well, almost...) and I remember seeing it during my childhood. Son of Beast would also be an option, but it's not as nostalgic now due to it being closed the last few years of existence and because the loop was removed.

• Like 1

1. Riding Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle for the first time. I first started going to Kings Island when I was obsessed with Scooby Doo, so it was my favorite ride. (I rode Fairly Odd Parents the same day and cried--I didn't go on roller coasters until three or four years after that!) I actually cried when the newspaper ran the announcement that they were replacing it and even wrote a letter to Kings Island management about it!

2. It will forever be The Beast.

3. Hmm...that's a tough one! Probably either Coney Mall or Rivertown.

4. Phantom Theater.

5. Mystic Timbers!! I have been hoping for a new wooden coaster for a while, so I was extremely excited when they first announced it. I can't wait for Preview Night--hopefully the crowd for Mystic Timbers will be somewhat less than regular Opening Day crowds.

• Like 3

1. What is the earliest memory at Kings Island that you can remember?

-Riding the Safari Monorail attraction in what I think was it's last year of operation? I don't remember another visit where it was there and it was back when I was too young to recall many details...

2. What is your all-time favorite KI roller coaster?

-Vortex. Racer has grown on me recently, and I love our new B&Ms (and likely MT given my history with GCIs), but Vortex holds a special place in my heart. Its my coaster twin (born 1987), first major inverted coaster I rode, and of course my dream when I was young was to operate the thing (which I got to do for about 3 years *points to signature*) Vortex is my baby forever, no matter how good the rest of the park is.

3. What is your favorite area at Kings Island? (example: Action Zone, International Street, Soak City ; etch)

-Probably Coney Mall, given my time working in the park, but I enjoy Rivertown aswell...

4. If you could bring back any ride back to Kings Island, what would it be?

-King Cobra. I think I was in the minority that actually ENJOYED that thing, and I was super sad when they finally removed it for an upcharge attraction (which I still havent tried since I dont typically do upcharges) Maybe it was my size back when they had it, but KC was a pretty fun coaster for me, and I remember that amazing pop of air after the loop where I floated from the top of the hill until I was already sideways in the helix.

5. What are you most excited for in the 2017 season?

-Mystic Timbers. I love GCIs. Probably favorite wooden manufacturer not counting RMC (I was totally on team RMC for the announcement of course). Every GCI I've ridden so far has been nothing short of fun and reridable, and with one that races through the terrain, I have high hopes for our newest coaster....

• Like 1

1. Finding and riding the Grand Carousel, the very first ride I ever rode at Kings Island. I rode it five times, primarily because my ecstatic eight-year-old self couldn't get over its grand-ness. :) 

2. Vortex, in case you haven't figured out. :P It was love at first ride...

3. Coney Mall. Gotta love the classic midway!

4. Cuddle Up (the teacups). My mom isn't a big amusement park fan but she loves teacup rides...as we found out when we rode Busch Gardens Williamsburg's teacup ride, the Turkish Delight. :lol: I also really would love King Cobra, since I loved Shockwave at Kings Dominion and I miss it.

5. Working at Vortex and WindSeeker this summer!!!! :D

• Like 4

1. I'll never forget riding Scooby Zoom with my dad I think in 1993. 

2. That's rough....Diamondback for steel and Beast for wooden.

3. Rivertown.....that portion of the park will always be special to me as it was my former work home. So many things happened in that area for me and it's been crazy to be a part of it.

4. I'd bring back all of the former roller coasters so I could either ride them again or ride them for the first time. I'd also bring back the Antique Cars...I just miss them a ton.

5. Mystic Timbers and visiting the park on my Birthday for the first time during Winterfest.

• Like 2