A Very BoddaH Farewell

This, unfortunately, has been a long time coming.

It is with a heavy heart that I tell you that I am moving on from KICentral effective immediately.  Over the past 14 years, I have seen this web site grow from a second place fan site to a media powerhouse.  We crashed through the glass ceiling of being just a "fan site" and because a legitimate source of Kings Island and amusement industry news.  

Although I am grateful for the professional experience that I have gotten from this site, I am more grateful for the friendships that I have forged over the years with many of you.  This goes from Dane, my former business partner and one of my best friends of 14 years, all the way to the many of you that I met as recently as this past season.  Many times this KICentral Universe that you guys formed felt like family and these forums felt like home.  

We are a Universe of thousands upon thousands of people.  We are all different ages, different races, and of different backgrounds.  We are all only united under one unified banner: a love for Kings Island.  Through all the ups and downs, I still feel like Kings Island is a great park and is run by even better people.  We are fortunate to have such a wonderful place to create memories.

Why am I stepping aside?  Unfortunately due to a constraint in my personal time the growth of my own personal business I simply can not serve as an asset to the team any longer.  Recently we appointed two new staff members: malem and IndyGuy4KI - which is a decision that has worked out fantastically.  Their ambition and passion for the site has breathed a new light into the forums and as a result of this it became the perfect opportunity to pass the torch.  

Thank you for taking to time to read this, and thank you for a wonderful 14 years!

Ryan aka BoddaH1994

• Like 33

Your hard work over the years and passion for Kings Island has been truly appreciated by us all. I can't thank you enough for helping build KIC as a place centered around mutual respect and friendship. It has become a special place for many.

I'm still humbled to have been asked to help in a leadership role here. It has been a joy to work with a team of great people eager to make KIC even better. Thanks for your support and advice, and best of luck with your current projects!

• Like 7

I personally want to thank Ryan as well.  He made me a staff member here on KIC back in 2005 (hard to believe that was twelve years ago).  This site had been a big part of my life, and will continue to be.  Thanks for your hard work Ryan and having trust in me to be a staff member.  

I have been in constant contact with Malem and IndyGuy4KI over the last several months and can assure you there are exciting things ahead.

Good luck with your future endeavors, Ryan!

• Like 6

That was a beautiful post, BoddaH; I'll miss you but I do hope you come to the park and hang out with us sometime. Good luck in your personal endeavors and thanks for being a leader in making this site a great place to be. And I agree that Malem and IndyGuy are doing a fantastic job running things.

• Like 3

Thank you for having the bright idea of making a fantastic Kings Island fansite that is so much more than that. You created friendships and memories for many on here... including me. I'm glad I was finally really able to meet up with some kicers last year. 

Thank you for creating a website that means so much to so many people. :)

Best of luck to you sir!

• Like 3

Oh wow- this I didn't expect. Best of luck to you in whatever comes next Boddah, and as others have said, feel free to visit every now and then. KICentral is an awesome site and you were one of the reasons why.

I'd say more, but basically everyone else who posted above me kinda already said everything I'd want to. So I'll leave it at this: farewell for now Boddah, but hope to see you on here again from time to time at some point in the future.

• Like 2

BoddaH, 

Thank you. Thank you for all of your hard work. If it weren't for you, this website would not be here today. I just want to say, that in my awkward teen years, I always found this forum as a safe place to unwind, to learn and see other people with a different eye. Though I didn't join until 2013, I was an avid reader way back in the early 2000s. 

This website helped me stay sane and even happy. And you were a part of that magical experience. Keep doing what you love. Let that fire motivate you. You can do anything.

I don't have to wish you luck. You create your own. I know you will succeed at whatever you choose to do next. We will all miss you. Thank you again for creating this website, it truly has touched peoples' lives around here.

Sincerely,

Eric

• Like 4

I have to give a lot of credit to Ryan and Dane for helping me come out of my shell and meeting new people here on KIC. I originally came to this site to learn about the construction of DB. I still remember being Terp'ed by the very first post I ever made on this site. (I think we all have at some point.) I honestly wondered if I made the right decision to join after that first post.

When the 2009 season stated I remember going to a KIC  meetup where I meet Ryan. He came over and spoke to me, he took the time to get to know me and the few people I was with. Ryan made me feel comfortable into the community. It was refreshing to feel so welcomed by him.

Thank you Ryan for all your hard work over the years as the face of KIC. I have meet so many great people from this site. If not for KIC, I many not have meet my best friend or my girlfriend. KIC means a lot to us for different reason. Please know that you helped build something special and amazing, and your work here has literally changed lives. I know it has mine!

Best of luck to you on your new ventures, and much success with your business! 

• Like 6

Thank you so much for everything you did for this site the last 14 years. This site wouldn't be as great without the hard work you (Dane, and everyone else involved) put in over the years. It was a pleasure to talk to you when I met you at Woodstock Gliders during late night rides (I think Coasterstock 2015).

Thank you and good luck with your future endeavors!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Ryan, I remember when this site first came to be. There was I think PKIU and PKIGuide combined to make KICentral. You have been a major contributor and have provided great insight along with cool interviews, promotions, etc. The problem ( and I use that word loosely) you have is a good problem. Thanks for all your efforts