Coney has Special Announcement Coming March 2

CoastersRZ

Precisely, Chris! Also, Pulsar looks fantastic! I personally believe that we should get one of these in the US, and it would help the US, and everything like such as... :P (sorry, I had to...)

Seriously, though, we need one of those in the US; just look how efficient that turntable is. And, it's like an impulse coaster and a huge water ride (like Congo Falls) all in one. This should be given to a park that doesn't have a big water ride, but also needs/wants a coaster.

• Like 2

Here is the link they provided to the concept art.

http://www.coneyislandpark.com/pdfs/Sunlite Water Adventure Concepts.pdf

FB post:  https://www.facebook.com/coneyislandpark

Coney Island is thrilled to announce our NEW brand/logo- Come Out and Play. This new logo encompasses who we are as a company and brand. Everyday, we inspire the spirit of play.
We are also excited to announce that the pool area is being completely re-done and re-named to Sunlite Water Adventure. The renovation includes a new bath house, fully stocked tiki bar, island decor, new themed entrance and private entrance for season passholders. Check out our concepts that will be in full effect Memorial Day weekend.

• Like 2

The improvements are great!
Typhoon tower change, I'm not too keen about. That attraction isnt old; the change just makes me think "look at us, we have a new logo!"

The logo... Not amazing, but I'm fine with it. I liked the old better as of now... but I wasnt in love with the old one either so *shrug*

The old script logo has been in use since the late 70s, so it is definitely time for an upgrade.  I am not sure how I feel about the logo.  I liked the new logo that was somewhat rolled out last year (see my avatar).  I do not like the fact that the C and I are not capitalized, but I realize that is the in thing with logos.  

I get where they are coming from naming the pool area as Sunlite Water Adventures.  The pool is called Sunlite Pool, but they really didn`t have a name for the water area, which includes Typhoon Tower, Pipeline Plung and the Twister water slides.  Kind of marketing it as a water park.  I like the theme they are going with too. 

I have known for a while that the bath house was going to be renovated.  They could certainly use some freshening up.  They last had a major renovation way back in 1991, 26 years ago.  So they are definitely due for an upgrade.

The tiki head on Typhoon Tower was actually removed before the end of the season last year.  I like how the new look on the tower will tie into the theme in the rest of the mark.

I think they may have overhyped this a bit.  Hopefully the rides side will see some additions in future years.  (They are repainting the Airplane and Helicopters kiddy rides, which look absolutely stunning, both of which are/were painted in house by one of Coney`s ride mechanics, who also painted the turtle parade, and Frog Hopper rides the last couple of seasons).  I am still hoping they get a new wooden coaster one day, but not sure when or if that will happen.

I am excited for this season at Coney.  This will be my 16th season working at Coney.  Hopefully I will see some of you out there.

• Like 9

Yeah, I agree, a little overhyped for leading up to the announcement. They should've started the hype for the announcement a little closer to the announcement date.. or went with a less implying slogan like "Things are getting brighter" or "Coney has it, but IT is getting better"

The splash thing made it sound like a new slide or some new attraction incorporating water.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don`t know about a dark immersion Lost river ride coming to Coney in the future.  

If I were in charge of Coney, I have several rides that I would add to the park (besides the obvious coaster).  A Chance train ride would be among the items added, as would a set of Flying Scooters.

• Like 3