The Vortex Poll

SonofBaconator

Vortex Removal Poll  

162 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 2/18/2017 at 5:19 AM, matt112986 said:

I see no point in removing a ride without a replacement and would only want to see Vortex go if something far more awesome took its place.

When I think of a coaster that would replace Vortex. All I think of is a dive coaster since Vortex's footprint is in a similar footprint of a b&m dive machine.

• Like 2

It's just not a coaster I enjoy anymore and with a group of 4 there's usually someone that got tossed around too much and needed to chill for a bit.

I think some of the simpler models like Corkscrew or Demon hold up a bit better due to the out and back layout. If I have a day at KI, between the upgraded water park, MT, and all of the other coasters, I wouldn't take time to ride Vortex and rather ride a coaster I enjoy more. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not saying this is a must, nor do I think it would happen but I'd like to see what RMC could do in terms a steel coaster rehab. I'm not saying Vortex should get such treatment, however if RMC does work on steel coasters in the future, I'd like to see what they could do to Arrow coasters

Whether you like the ride or not, Vortex's current layout with T-Rex track would be absolutely awesome

• Like 4

On 2/5/2018 at 4:59 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

When I think of a coaster that would replace Vortex. All I think of is a dive coaster since Vortex's footprint is in a similar footprint of a b&m dive machine.

As the site The Vortex sits on is highly visible I would put something there that shows well or has a wow factor / visual appeal or photogenic (much like The Vortex).  Something like a launch coaster with the launch right next to the midway or a wing or flying coaster.  Also an emerging trend seems to be fancy lighting packages such as the one going on Hang Time at Knott's.  Again something for show.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, goettablitz said:

As the site The Vortex sits on is highly visible I would put something there that shows well or has a wow factor / visual appeal or photogenic (much like The Vortex).  Something like a launch coaster with the launch right next to the midway or a wing or flying coaster.  Also an emerging trend seems to be fancy lighting packages such as the one going on Hang Time at Knott's.  Again something for show.

Dive Coasters would have that wow factor. Like make the drop face the midway like Valravn and it would be very wow factoring to the GP. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Dive Coasters would have that wow factor. Like make the drop face the midway like Valravn and it would be very wow factoring to the GP. 

I think a Dive Coaster would fit better in Action Zone or X-Base rather than right next to another 200ft coaster. I think the bigger rides should be on opposite sides of the park so one area doesn't get over crowded.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I think a Dive Coaster would fit better in Action Zone or X-Base rather than right next to another 200ft coaster. I think the bigger rides should be on opposite sides of the park so one area doesn't get over crowded.

I feel like Vortex's plot is far enough away from Diamondback that it wouldn't matter. Also, I'd love a 200+ foot drop, but I doubt the lift would be that high - there's a lot of great usable terrain on just Vortex's plot, and even more behind it towards The Beast (if you've ever been on a behind-the-scenes tour of The Beast or been on the roads back there, you know exactly what I'm talking about). Potentially an even shorter lift if they decide to dig a tunnel for it (I can think of a certain spot in Vortex's plot which would make a great place for a tunnel).

• Like 2

• 1 month later...