Boo Blasters at Winterfest

MaestroJr

With Winterfest coming later this year, something I have thought about is attractions. A couple things have been confirmed, but in the history of Winterfest, all dark rides have been open including Smurf's Enchanted Voyage, Phantom Theater, Scooby's Haunted Castle. With that being said, do you think Boo Blasters will be operating for Winterfest, and do you think some Christmas themes will be thrown in? I think it could work good for Boo Blasters, as well as providing some more entertainment for guests visiting the park this winter.

• Like 3

I'm sure if there isn't a retrofit of the attraction happening it will be open.  

I wouldn't count on any seasonal theming inserted to any extent.  It could complement the verse of the song 'Most Wonderful Time of the Year' that's says 'there'll be scary ghost stories and tales of the glories of Christmases long, long ago...'  I never understood what that meant anyway.  

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Dwight_Schrute said:

I wouldn't count on any seasonal theming inserted to any extent.  It could complement the verse of the song 'Most Wonderful Time of the Year' that's says 'there'll be scary ghost stories and tales of the glories of Christmases long, long ago...'  I never understood what that meant anyway.  

Apparently ghost stories at Christmas is an old tradition 

http://www.gothichorrorstories.com/classic-gothic-ghost-stories/christmas-ghost-stories-the-ghost-of-christmas-past-goes-further-back-than-you-might-realize-2/

Just discovered this a couple of years ago myself!  Interesting read....

• Like 2

It would be cool if they could add a Christmas theme sort of like how Disney changes the Haunted Mansion over to a Nightmare Before Christmas attraction.  I know we'd never get anything this elaborate, and I wouldn't expect an entire re-theme of Boo Blasters, but it would be cool if they hung some basic decorations around the manor/mansion and, like someone else mentioned, put Santa hats on the characters.  Heck, it would even be cool if they could change up the music to some instrumental holiday music. 

I'm not really looking for any of this to happen, it's just fun to speculate. I just think Boo Blasters could be an interesting holiday attraction with very little effort or investment. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Dwight_Schrute said:

It referred to A Christmas Carol.

YEa the most I woudl expect to see woudl be some strands of garland and santa hats on some, but htink ti would help and be cool for the holiday season. Would be really nice if they did have some instrumental holiday music playing, especailly if found some tracks that were tweaked to a minor chord to make them more eerie for it.

22 hours ago, Dwight_Schrute said:

The scary ghost stories.... A Christmas  Carol... past, present and future, and Krampus ....and all that jazz. Lol!

2 hours ago, purdude86 said:

YEa the most I woudl expect to see woudl be some strands of garland and santa hats on some, but htink ti would help and be cool for the holiday season. Would be really nice if they did have some instrumental holiday music playing, especailly if found some tracks that were tweaked to a minor chord to make them more eerie for it.

• Like 3

Ultimately I would like to see Triotech come in and redo Boo Blasters.  That way during the summer you could have one attraction, switch to a Halloween attraction for Haunt and then change it to something Chrismassy for Winterfest.  The could even have the Peanuts characters for all three.  Do one based on summer vacation, one on the Great Pumpkin and on on Charlie Brown Christmas.

• Like 4

I found a video of the Smurfs ride during Winterfest on Youtube back in 1988 (because I wasn't sure how holiday theming had been incorporated into the dark rides in the past for Winterfest)--and liked that a lot of the holiday stuff was right at the end (as far as I could tell). That'd be kind of cool for Boo Blasters. There's a few dark and fairly empty spots towards the end of Boo Blasters.

1 hour ago, purdude86 said:

I'm not srue they really added anything to it though. The ride took you through the different season with Smurfs and think the bit near the end always had that Crhismtas scene in it, so not really anything spceial for Winterfest.

Interesting!! I never go to ride the Smurfs ride, but that was the main video that popped up when I searched. 

5 hours ago, bkroz said:

How interesting would it be to have the ride closed this summer and debut a new Peanuts Holidays dark ride at Halloween / Christmastime?

I would like that and dislike  that at the same time. I generally hop on Boo Blasters when I need to rest my feet and cool down, so I would miss that in the summer.

• Like 2

Just like Dollywood does for Blazing Fury at Christmas, it should be rather simple to add a few Santa hats and a few lighted Christmas trees here and there to make the attraction festive for Christmas.     Although not currently listed on the site as one of the attractions open during Winterfest, let's hope management takes note of this thread to add it to the open list.

• Like 2