Will Coney Mall be Overhauled?

SonofBaconator

2 hours ago, Backlot Stunt Coaster#1 said:

Coney Mall could make a killing if they served alcohol improved the games and did away with the silly smoking sections.

A couple of things.  First, Welcome to KIC.

As for alcohol in Coney Mall, there is a beer stand usually down by Jukebox Diner.  I have not seen it during Winterfest, but I dont go the park to drink alcohol, so it may have moved and I did not notice.

Improve the games how?  This is a pretty broad and simple statement.  Do you have any suggestions?

As for the "silly smoking sections",  for those that smoke and go to these areas, why is this silly?  The bigger concern would be those that smoke / vape wherever they please.  If having no smoking / vaping in the park is your aim, I doubt this would go over very well.  Might as well say get rid of the alcohol as well.

• Like 3

On 12/19/2018 at 11:52 PM, Gannersdaddy said:

A couple of things.  First, Welcome to KIC.

As for alcohol in Coney Mall, there is a beer stand usually down by Jukebox Diner.  I have not seen it during Winterfest, but I dont go the park to drink alcohol, so it may have moved and I did not notice.

Improve the games how?  This is a pretty broad and simple statement.  Do you have any suggestions?

As for the "silly smoking sections",  for those that smoke and go to these areas, why is this silly?  The bigger concern would be those that smoke / vape wherever they please.  If having no smoking / vaping in the park is your aim, I doubt this would go over very well.  Might as well say get rid of the alcohol as well.

I remember that when I worked at Kings Island (although it was almost 8-10 years ago by now), the Jukebox Diner would only open the beer stand if the park had a certain number of people in it during the day. I got sent to work at Jukebox on several occasions, and they would only open the beer stand on weekends or EXTREMELY busy weekdays. Some of the food and beverage locations (mostly carts) will only operate if there is a certain number of people in the park. This goes for snack and beverage carts. 

• 5 months later...

Seems like the back park of CM has received a lot of love this past year. I like how they updated the Killmart building to make it fit in ans the area looks a lot better. 

The most awkward part of CM is the part where BLSC resides by the dodgems. This place would be the most likely spot for flat rides if they ever wanted to add more.

• Like 2