Fast Lane Plus Season Pass

Interesting ,... Banshee gets knocked down to normal Fast Lane in its 3 years operating. Hmmmm....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

However Mystic Timbers is a Fast Lane Plus, Which makes since as it's the newest coaster.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Looking at the ride list I feel like the park could offer season long Fast Lane as an option.  As long as it is the regular Fast Lane and not Fast Lane plus I think it would be manageable.  This would mean no Mystic Timbers, Beast, Firehawk, or Flight of Fear.  The problem being that while the rest of the list has some great rides many of those do not typically have long lines.

So keeping on topic , what is your price breaking point that would say , nope not worth that price. If they offered Fast Lane Plus to your season pass at $199 or $299 or $399 or higher? What price would you say NO to?
My price break point is $249. Too much to pay for this product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if the do it in the future and do it like KD, I don't think it'd be too bad. If the jack the price way up, i bet they'd sale just a few.  

I don't know, I'd probably jump all over it if it was offered and I could afford it. 

• 4 months later...

Canada's Wonderland now has All Season Fast Lane Plus for $499.

https://www.canadaswonderland.com/tickets-passes/fast-lane

I'm kind of surprised that the price is so much more than what the other Cedar Fair parks were charging especially since it is now 2 months into the season. $99 was probably too inexpensive for a park like Carowinds or Kings Dominion since those parks sold out so fast but $499 seems like a lot even for a full season for a park that gets large crowds frequently. 

At a $499 price point, it's certainly a niche product - as it should be. Their single day Fast Lane Plus pricing is CAD$69 during the summer.

EDIT to add: The CAD$499 price is inclusive of 13% sales tax, while the CAD$69 is not. The break-even point is 6.4 visits.

• Like 2

Canada's Wonderland is a park where I always suggest purchasing a Fast Lane Plus.....no matter the day you go, it's busy.....the park is at the end of a bus line, so a lot of folks just get on the bus and head to the park. I've witnessed this park at various points during the year. 

I would say the $499 season is not out of the realm of the park. I honestly thought it'd be much more.

• Like 2

THAT is a price point for these things I can get behind, especially for the larger CF parks.

To add on to my posts from the first page of this thread, I wonder if being at that price guarantees you a Fast Lane Plus wristband regardless of day, time, or demand. Wonderland's website doesn't specify, from what I've seen. I'm indifferent either way--at that price, this system isn't going to sell enough units to create a noticeable change in FL queue length.

• Like 2

I really do feel the pass was too cheap at many of the parks.  $499 feels right for a larger park like Canada's Wonderland.  I do understand the season started some time ago but I also feel there is enough time left to make it worth purchasing.  

I believe this leaves Knott's, Kings Island, and Cedar Point without a season long Fast Lane.  I cannot see it being offered at CP unless it is an expensive chain wide option.  I suspect Kings Island will see this at some point and it will likely be $499+.  Which I might hold off this year if it does occur since so much of the season has passed but I would pay $499 for a season long Fast Lane plus to Kings Island.  I only have time to visit on Saturday and Sunday so I am stuck with long lines typically.

• Like 2