Welcome to KICentral Version 5!

It's hard to believe that something that started out in my bedroom at my parent's house has grown into something so big. It has brought me to do some very cool things and meet some very amazing people. It has brought and organized thousands of people together to discuss and enjoy Kings Island in ways never imaginable. (Those couples that got married, I'm looking at you!) And be a cornerstone in individual professional resumes to grow their professional career and growth.

Today we take another step forward in the evolution of KICentral. A new modern design, faster and more dynamic site response and community-based content. In the past, it used to be that all site edits were through my Dreamweaver program and uploaded. Now with Wordpress, new dynamic forum software, and updated photo gallery engine, myself along with Robbie, Matt, and Brad can together cultivate and manage new content to grow KICentral. We will also be reaching out to some individuals to become contributors to the main site.

Keep tuned into KICentral.com as we continue to push out new updates all season long. We have plenty of new content to publish ranging from 1971 to Mystic Timbers construction updates and other surprises during this 2017 season!

• Like 20

Also for those who have not selected a default forum theme have been automatically moved to a new brighter theme. The old theme is still available under "KICentral Dark" and of course, some opt to use the Default IPB Theme which is still available to select as well.

• Like 3

I hope everyone enjoys the new feel of the site.  We have lots more content planned.  

I also want to mention that ConeyIslandCentral has been relaunched with a fresh new look as well.  I have posted updated information on the old Coney Island and Lake Como Railroad, including what happened to the trains after Coney closed.  Be sure to check it out: http://coneyislandcentral.com/pre-kings-island-defunct-attractions/coney-island-and-lake-como-railroad/

• Like 4

I love the new bright theme! I was one of those who used the IPB default theme because the KICentral dark made it difficult to tell what was or wasn't read and was just too dark for my liking. The new theme fixes both of those and allows me to enjoy the modern layout. The new banner is also awesome.  Great job and thanks to all those responsible! 

• Like 2