"Endangered Rides"

By stating rides that have become endangered implies that these types of rides are being removed.  To my knowledge, none of the Vekoma Flying Dutchmans have been removed.  Yes, no new installations have been made recently, but its not like all the rides of that type have been removed, save for one.  

I would say that the Arrow mega- loopers have become more endangered than they once were.  Parks like Worlds of Fun with Orient Express, Six Flags Great Adventure with Great American Scream Machine, Shockwave at Six Flags Great America are all examples of Arrow loopers that have been removed.

• Like 4

Stand ups. I know they get a bed rep, but my only experience on one (Vortex at Carowinds last year) was pretty good. I don't know if other manufacturers were worse, but it certainly makes me sad to think that after this year there may well be no stand ups left within Cedar Fair.

• Like 1

Which is a shame. But luckily i got to ride Chang and Mantis loved both of the rides.. wish id ridden king cobra.

But gp sounds like they don't like stand ups generally.. Especially men, though i haven't had problems due to the foresight.. i agree that arrow loopers might only last another 10 years before they see what their suspended swinging coasters are seeing

Schwarzkopf looping coasters and Schwarzkopf coasters in general. They are fun coasters and the looping coasters are perfect for someone wanting to try a coaster that goes upside down without many inversions. sooperdooperlooper was my first looping coaster since I knew it only had 1 loop and if I didn't like it, the rest of the ride would be ok. If all I had to choose were coasters that had 4 - 6 inversions or more, I may not have been as willing to try a looping coaster.

• Like 4

Schwarzkopf looping coasters and Schwarzkopf coasters in general. They are fun coasters and the looping coasters are perfect for someone wanting to try a coaster that goes upside down without many inversions. sooperdooperlooper was my first looping coaster since I knew it only had 1 loop and if I didn't like it, the rest of the ride would be ok. If all I had to choose were coasters that had 4 - 6 inversions or more, I may not have been as willing to try a looping coaster.

That's why SOB was made
  • Like 2

When I first read the thread title, I immediately thought of S&S's Thrust Air Coasters. There were only 2 made, Hypersonic XLC (at KD- which is now gone) and Dodonpa (in Japan). I've heard that for 2017, Dodonpa is having some track work done and a giant loop is being constructed where the hill once stood. This means that there is no un-modified Thust Air Coaster standing (unless that prototype on S&S's property is still there).

More to the topic, suspended coasters (the Arrow/Vekoma kind, not the Caripro single-rail kind...) are an endangered species that I'd like to see more of. I've enjoyed my rides on The Bat (1993) at KI as well as Iron Dragon at The Point. If we are talking non-coasters, I would love to see more S&S Sky Swats. There's only 1 in the world, and it's in the UK (Thorpe Park to be exact).

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

When I first read the thread title, I immediately thought of S&S's Thrust Air Coasters. There were only 2 made, Hypersonic XLC (at KD- which is now gone) and Dodonpa (in Japan). I've heard that for 2017, Dodonpa is having some track work done a giant loop is being constructed where the hill once stood. This means that there is no un-modified Thust Air Coaster standing (unless that prototype on S&S's property is still there).

More to the topic, suspended coasters (the Arrow/Vekoma kind, not the Caripro single-rail kind...) are an endangered species that I'd like to see more of. I've enjoyed my rides on The Bat (1993) at KI as well as Iron Dragon at The Point. If we are talking non-coasters, I would love to se more S&S Sky Swats. There's only 1 in the world, and it's in the UK (Thorpe Park to be exact).

S&S Sky Swats have been discontinued :(