Platinum Pass Question

CoasterDirected

I hate to post a thread like this and I thank all of you who take their time to respond.

My family is currently planning to hit up Carowinds for the first time for a day over spring break, and this is my first year with CF Platinum Passes. We ordered our passes from Kings Island during the off season so we don't have them yet. Do I just have to wait till KI opens and get it from there similar to Six Flags before visiting any other park? Or is there another option? 

I really want to ride Fury so hopefully there is another way.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Bansheeback said:

You could use them digitally on your phone, and present them that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the sounds of it, all he has is the VOUCHER for the season pass, not the pass itself. Carowinds might not be capable of scanning a Kings Island pass voucher.

I know you can upgrade your pass at Carowinds from a KI Gold Pass. 

Contact Carowinds as they'd be the ones doing the change.

https://www.carowinds.com/help/contact-us or (704) 588-2600

It's worth noting that in order to upgrade from a Gold Pass from KI to a Platinum Pass at Carowinds, if it's on the Easy Pay Plan, you'll need to have that paid off prior to being able to upgrade. (Just asked that question for pianoman as he'll be upgrading on our trip this weekend)

We upgraded last year and had to process one of our passes at Carrowinds.  We had to go to the customer service desk as opposed to season pass processing.  It was a bit of an unusual situation for them, but they got it done.  Not everyone knew what to do with us and we did wind up wasting some time with the season pass people.  The customer service was able to process our upgrade.

I will be going through this as well next week. My buddy just ordered his family all KI gold passes. But he ordered himself a Platinum Pass. Well we are going to Carowinds next Friday. He called them and they said they could do it since he bought the CF Platinum Pass.