Gold Pass Renewal?

Skylarshane

So i've spent the past 3 hours trying to renew my 2016 gold pass for the 2017 season. It asks for the phone number that is associated with it. I've tried every possible number that I could think of and nothing is working? Do I have to pay extra for a whole new pass or is there a way around this?

At certain times of the year, renewal discounts are offered.

At the time of this post, renewing Gold passholders save $21 off the new Gold Pass price. If the online renewal process doesn't work for your pass, CoastersRZ's advice to call the park is your best bet.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Stoan said:

renewal and new passes cost the same. The Renewal just allows you to use the same exact card, no need to get your pictures retaken or anything.

When I renewed this year, it asked me to either upload a new photo or have a new photo taken at the park. 

I know a few folks saying the have problems renewing their passes. And even had problems with their Platinum passes at other parks. 

That's one thing I have not ever had a problem with. Had the same pass for 4 years, renewed in 10 minutes. Never had a problem at other parks. 

Newbie here, had 2016 passes and renewed for 2017.  Is there an option to take pictures and upload them onto the app (which I can't seem to download right now for some strange reason) or online?  It seems the season pass "porthole" is a bit bare boned.  Will that change at all when the season starts up?  Just curious. 

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I know best advice is to call the park and past actions don't necessarily reflect current policy, but just wanted to see others experiences.  I have a friend who had a platinum pass from Carowinds and moved here and decided to just Gold Pass at KI this year.  She input in her Platinum Pass number on the renewal and everything went through fine and got an email that says her existing pass is now active for the current season, etc.

She is trying to add the pass to the KI App and it isn't accepting it.  So now she is concerned that despite getting an email saying it is valid, will they make her get a new pass and will she be denied entry until she goes to processing?  She is really hoping to avoid the crazy line that will be processing early in the season.

So, has anyone else on here gone from Platinum to Gold for a renewal and had any issues with the pass?

Has anyone had any issues trying to add a 2017 pass to the App?

I've had challenges adding my pass to the app in previous years. I don't think she should take that as any indication that there is any issue. 

I would recommend that she print off the confirmation email and bring it with her in case there are any questions or challenges. Having the print off or email will help answer any questions if something comes up.

We tried for an hour to renew ours and couldn't, so we ended up getting all new ones. Our cards were super worn out anyways. The only issue for me was that I had to make the drive to KI go get my card since processing doesnt open until 4 on Friday and I want to be ready. It was SOOOO hard to go there and not be able to go in. I wish I could have just walked around the park. So pumped for friday! 

11 hours ago, disco2000 said:

OK, so I know best advice is to call the park and past actions don't necessarily reflect current policy, but just wanted to see others experiences.  I have a friend who had a platinum pass from Carowinds and moved here and decided to just Gold Pass at KI this year.  She input in her Platinum Pass number on the renewal and everything went through fine and got an email that says her existing pass is now active for the current season, etc.

She is trying to add the pass to the KI App and it isn't accepting it.  So now she is concerned that despite getting an email saying it is valid, will they make her get a new pass and will she be denied entry until she goes to processing?  She is really hoping to avoid the crazy line that will be processing early in the season.

So, has anyone else on here gone from Platinum to Gold for a renewal and had any issues with the pass?

Has anyone had any issues trying to add a 2017 pass to the App?

So my friend called and they said she needs a new pass - the email that says use the existing card is boilerplate.  Really unfortunate as the email didn't provide a barcode or anything that would let her print something out and scan to get in temporarily until the processing line goes down.  I know there are worse things, but what's the point in renewing online and paying that access fee if you have to still go to processing?

I think they meant the part in the email is boilerplate. 

It seems obvious to me that if you are switching to a gold pass from a platinum pass you are going to need a new physical card. It does suck they didn't include a code to scan to delay having to visit pass processing tho. 

If the lines at the gate are short, I'd personally try going through with the old pass until the lines at processing get shorter. Worth a try and all they can do is tell you no. 

^That is correct - the "keep your existing pass as it is now your current pass" is boilerplate language.  They said they cannot change that based on someone's purchase.

I know it seems "obvious" about getting a physical card going from platinum to gold and vice versa, but we are in a digital age - it is the barcode that is important, not the color of the plastic - even more so for those that use the app.  You could print your barcode on your hand and if it scans you get in.  And why accept the pass number for renewal purposes if the pass then isn't valid?  I know its details.

But yea, if the old pass is no longer valid, provide a temporary barcode as Friday will be a mess trying to process since processing and the park open at the same time.

• Like 1