What's the craziest thing you've seen at KI?

KatieF

What's the most out of the ordinary thing you've seen when at the park? 

I have two stories. One day, my boyfriend went to the top of the Eiffel Tower as a break from the coasters-- when an employee at the top pointed out to us that Firehawk was stuck on the lifthill and had been stuck for quite a while. Here's the kicker, they were facing to the sky on a sunny and HOT day in July. We watched them for awhile, and I remember watching employees climb the stairs on the hill and talking to the guests. It looked miserable! 

Another time I watched an idiot jump the fence exiting The Beast to retrieve a plastic football that I assume he lost when the train left the station. I got a little panicky because he crossed under the track right when another train took out. He got the football, but got stuck behind the fence and had to have security get him. 

What have you seen?

• Like 6

Craziest thing I've seen/ experienced is waiting almost 40 minutes for blue ice cream in Planet Snoopy last year.<_<

Oh and last year on June 10th, when some crazy person on the same train I was on, had there phone up in the air the entire time recording on The Beast. Luckily employees were at the exit and made him delete the video.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Elizabeth19 said:

Craziest thing I've seen/ experienced is waiting almost 40 minutes for blue ice cream in Planet Snoopy last year.<_<

Oh and last year on June 10th, when some crazy person on the same train I was on, had there phone up in the air the entire time recording on The Beast. Luckily employees were at the exit and made him delete the video.

I wonder how often they have to do that 

• Like 1

Mine was a story. In queue for DB some people were taking about a DB ride where a squirrel jumped on the train with them on the lift hill, rode the whole way and jumped in the splashdown pond at the end. I thought they were kidding. No they were serious.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Mine was a story. In queue for DB some people were taking about a DB ride where a squirrel jumped on the train with them on the lift hill, rode the whole way and jumped in the splashdown pond at the end. I thought they were kidding. No they were serious.

I think that'd make the ride twice as exciting!

On my very first visit to the park, my girlfriend and I were walking down international street. I was in awe of the fountain and the tower, and the smells of LaRosa's and Cinnabon were hitting my nose. I was in a trance. However, suddenly, that trance was broken as I heard someone in front of me saying "Sir! Sir! Your son!". I looked towards the commotion, and then saw a father hurriedly running towards his 3-4 year old son who's pants were at his knees, and the little kid was peeing right on the path in front of everyone, waddling away from his chasing dad, peeing the entire time. The family was so embarrassed, but I think everybody, including myself, who was walking by thought it was hilarious.

• Like 8

One of the craziest things I've seen was witnessing an evacuation on Vortex on June 12, 2015, especially since a thunderstorm was fast approaching and the ride was not operational. It was my first time seeing something like this in person, which is why I find it so interesting.

The craziest experiences include being briefly stranded on WindSeeker on April 19, 2014, and experiencing a rain-filled view from 267 feet up before falling faster than said rain on Drop Tower during a downpour on August 18, 2016. My clothes were soaked for three hours but it was worth it! :lol: 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, matt112986 said:

^^ Not trying to give a physics lecture but you weren't falling faster than the rain.

The reason why I said I fell faster than the rain was because during the drop on Drop Tower, the rain started going up (relative to my position, of course), so for a moment the rain didn't seem to fall as fast as Drop Tower was dropping during that particular part of the drop.

On a side note, I took Physics last year, so I may be totally forgetting something I learned last year that I should know. :P 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matt112986 said:

^^ Not trying to give a physics lecture but you weren't falling faster than the rain.

Due to terminal velocity Drop Tower does fall faster than rain.  It obviously depends on drop size but the terminal velocity of rain is around 20 MPH.  Kings Islands Drop Tower is listed as having a top speed of 67 MPH.

• Like 7

Last season, I was blasting away on the red and white canons (geysers) at White Water Canyon, when suddenly I found myself being bear-hugged by a well-soaked, 300-lb, 6'8" bearded guy who lifted me off the ground and grunted, "now you're soaked, too!" He then set me down, shook my hand and walked off with the rest of his family, all of us laughing it all off. Perfect stranger, never saw the guy again.  These are the moments that make Kings Island so memorable.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Kenban said:

Due to terminal velocity Drop Tower does fall faster than rain.  It obviously depends on drop size but the terminal velocity of rain is around 20 MPH.  Kings Islands Drop Tower is listed as having a top speed of 67 MPH.

You would also have to add in wind resistance as well as what angle the rain was falling.  Rain doesn't just fall straight down. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, matt112986 said:

Craziest thing for me at King's Island was walking down Diamondback's stairs after they couldn't get it working. I've seen people walking down Millenium Force before though.

Milllenium Force doesn't have stairs

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

I've witnessed a fight in The Beast queue back in the late 90s. 

Not trying to "one up" but your memory sparked one of mine from last season. I was coming in to the park, and all of the sudden I heard a police officer yell "get on the ground", and I turned to see a guy push the officer. I swear cops dropped from the ceiling tiles because all of the sudden there were about 10 officers there all yelling and taking him to the ground. Not sure what the guy did, but I can say it was one of those moments where I had that slight fear for my life, as I didn't know what was going on, cops were running from everywhere, and everybody was yelling.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2017 at 9:59 AM, malem said:

I wonder if it was the same enthusiast squirrel walking the Adventure Express track in 2015 that apparently didn't notice a train I was riding.

You mean active violator of the 11th Commandment squirrel.   It knew what it was doing.  The scene looked directly out of an Indiana Jones movie, too, at least from the POV of the squirrel. 

• Like 3

The craziest thing I have ever seen isn't really much. However, it did bother me. Line cutters. Hey, it happens. But one time a group of teens cut line on The Vortex, I believe.  My friend complained to an employee. NOTHING HAPPENED. She later spent almost a half hour complaining to the powers that be. I wasn't in on that conversation. But from what I understand, she mostly got a standard statement, you know the bland ones written by people with zero personality, that basically translated to "thank you for your complaint, but crap happens." This was several years ago. 

As for the really crazy stuff, I've got nothing. Last year, I did see some teenagers running around in the woods below the The Bat's line queue. Coincidentally, that area I believe was once Lion Country Safari, which is what I sometimes think of teens at KI: wild, obnoxious animals.

I just recently entered my 30s, so I guess I am transforming into a grumpy old man. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, matt112986 said:

They were getting down somehow. They have to have a way for people to get down in an emergency. The power didn't come back on till around 8pm, I doubt Cedar Point left them up there for 8+ hours :P

Just because they have to have a way for people to get down in an emergency doesn't mean they have stairs. They have a thing called a funicular that travels up on cables and a little bit of steel to the side of the lift hill. I believe it runs on a generator so if power were to be out, they'd still be able to get up and get folks off the ride. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

Just because they have to have a way for people to get down in an emergency doesn't mean they have stairs. They have a thing called a funicular that travels up on cables and a little bit of steel to the side of the lift hill. I believe it runs on a generator so if power were to be out, they'd still be able to get up and get folks off the ride. 

That was my point. 

To get back on topic, one one the craziest things I have seen is noticing people with high heels. I know nothing about high heels, but that could not be easy or comfortable all day at KI? My feet get tired and are hurting with a pair of extra padded sketches. Maybe I have bad feet?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

To get back on topic, one one the craziest things I have seen is noticing people with high heels. I know nothing about high heels, but that could not be easy or comfortable all day at KI? My feet get tired and are hurting with a pair of extra padded sketches. Maybe I have bad feet?

Who in their right mind would wear high heels in an amusement park? Most people I know hate wearing them where they are usually worn, let alone on concrete for 5+ hours straight!

• Like 2