What's the craziest thing you've seen at KI?

KatieF

Oh I forgot about this crazy thing!

This happened when I went to Kings Island in 2015. So I was in the Festhaus restrooms and not even kidding, there were 2 girls in there with hair straighteners, brushes, all this make up on the counter. The one girl said 'Does this crop top look ok?' And I'm just thinking " For gosh sakes your here to ride roller coasters, not get a bunch of people looking at you. And your hair will be all tangled up just after one ride' lol it was so ridiculous. I never will understand why some people dress or look the way they do for an amusement park.

• Like 8

Oh I forgot about this crazy thing!
This happened when I went to Kings Island in 2015. So I was in the Festhaus restrooms and not even kidding, there were 2 girls in there with hair straighteners, brushes, all this make up on the counter. The one girl said 'Does this crop top look ok?' And I'm just thinking " For gosh sakes your here to ride roller coasters, not get a bunch of people looking at you. And your hair will be all tangled up just after one ride' lol it was so ridiculous. I never will understand why some people dress or look the way they do for an amusement park.

I'm the same way. I never understand those who cake on makeup. It's one thing to do a little bit but if you look like you are coming off a Broadway stage, that's too much.

I am all for comfort in a park, I don't get folks who dress up for the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Not everyone wants to go to bars to pick up people :). I always thought it was pretty silly to be too    occupied with appearance at someplace like KI, tho. I'm all about functionality when I go to parks. Then again, I went to the park in a dress (albeit one printed with roller coasters) a couple summers ago with my husband for a Twitter-advertised Beast tour. I didn't ride much (if anything) that day tho. 

I've been told that there are people who, due to either anatomy or habit, feel more comfortable in high heels than flats, but I find that hard to believe myself. I periodically end up with blisters even in my most comfortable shoes. 

• Like 2

Dude, it's hot outside. I am not wearing "going out" clothes to KI. I'm in a tee and shorts. I enjoy KI for rollercoasters and rides, not as a potential dating service. :D

Plus, I absolutely hate the idea of jeans in the summer. I am not sure why anybody does that...

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Joshua said:

Dude, it's hot outside. I am not wearing "going out" clothes to KI. I'm in a tee and shorts. I enjoy KI for rollercoasters and rides, not as a potential dating service. :D

Plus, I absolutely hate the idea of jeans in the summer. I am not sure why anybody does that...

I only wear jeans in the winter when all my sweats are in the wash! Those things are incredibly scratchy and everyone is always perplexed as to why I hate jeans! I would only ever wear my shorts unless it's Haunt season!

• Like 1

So, I wasn't at the park, but I was looking at the Diamondback web cam to see how long lines were since I was considering going later that day (this happened around noon). And off to the side, two people sprinted across the path to the left of the Diamondback, ran through the grass next to Backlot Stunt Coaster, and then jumped the railing to get in line. I just sat there for a while kind of shocked.

• Like 4

While on the topic of animals seen at the park, I have seen groundhogs around Vortex numerous times. On the evening of Opening Day 2013 as I walked through Adventure Express's queue, I could tell a skunk had been in the vicinity. I didn't see it, but I obviously smelled it. :P I did see a skunk by Yogurt Plus on July 2, 2015, when I was walking down International Street after closing; my mom pointed it out as several surprised guests who were closer to the skunk were backing away from it!

Not as crazy as other instances, but still out of the ordinary for most.

Last year I remember seeing a skunk sauntering in the area between approximately Delirium and AE around dusk. I was all like "oooh, so cute!" and one of the employees mentioned there was a whole family living in the area. 

I was told once by a certain employee (PrincessSparkles) there were wild turkeys living near Beast's helix, but I've never seen them nor learned whether she was joking. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Last year I remember seeing a skunk sauntering in the area between approximately Delirium and AE around dusk. I was all like "oooh, so cute!" and one of the employees mentioned there was a whole family living in the area. 

I was told once by a certain employee (PrincessSparkles) there were wild turkeys living near Beast's helix, but I've never seen them nor learned whether she was joking. 

We saw a skunk running along the fence behind BLSC.  It was the late ride night in July and we were heading back behind the Eiffel Tower around BLSC.  This skunk was running along the fence trying like crazy to find its way back in. :)

Probably around 1989, I was with my cousin playing around in the arcade over by the Zephyr. We walked over to that bowling ball game, and there was this dad playing next to his son. The dad tried it about 3 times and lost. He was really upset because he wanted to win something for his son.

The son, who was probably around 7 years old, said "Daddy, let me try."

The dad tried to explain how hard it was, and how heavy the ball was, etc.

Eventually the dad caved and let the kid have a shot.

First try: BOOOM! Nailed it. A perfect try. Great technique. Like a pro.

But that wasn't the crazy thing.

The dad let him try again.

This time the kid closed his eyes when he pushed the ball.

BOOOM! Again! Twice in a row. The dad was hollering and the worker kid was hollering. I was hollering. It was amazing.

Of course, the kid had to try a third time, to get the biggest prize.

By now, a crowd had gathered. Probably 25-30 people. The "guess your weight" barker was even into it.

The kid grabs the ball, turns his head around to look at his dad (who was behind him) and said "got it" as he pushed the ball.

BOOOOOOOM!!!

Crowd went crazy. High fives. Strangers hugging. The dad picked up the kid in his arms. I may have cried.

The kid picked the big prize (a bear or something) and they walked off.

Incredible.

• Like 9

54 minutes ago, Sol44 said:

Probably around 1989, I was with my cousin playing around in the arcade over by the Zephyr. We walked over to that bowling ball game, and there was this dad playing next to his son. The dad tried it about 3 times and lost. He was really upset because he wanted to win something for his son.

The son, who was probably around 7 years old, said "Daddy, let me try."

The dad tried to explain how hard it was, and how heavy the ball was, etc.

Eventually the dad caved and let the kid have a shot.

First try: BOOOM! Nailed it. A perfect try. Great technique. Like a pro.

But that wasn't the crazy thing.

The dad let him try again.

This time the kid closed his eyes when he pushed the ball.

BOOOM! Again! Twice in a row. The dad was hollering and the worker kid was hollering. I was hollering. It was amazing.

Of course, the kid had to try a third time, to get the biggest prize.

By now, a crowd had gathered. Probably 25-30 people. The "guess your weight" barker was even into it.

The kid grabs the ball, turns his head around to look at his dad (who was behind him) and said "got it" as he pushed the ball.

BOOOOOOOM!!!

Crowd went crazy. High fives. Strangers hugging. The dad picked up the kid in his arms. I may have cried.

The kid picked the big prize (a bear or something) and they walked off.

Incredible.

That kid is a living legend! It takes some true talent/luck to win those games, and he must have had alot of that on his side.:lol:

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

When I was a kid in the early 2000s Paramount era, I remember I was in the Lazy River and a random 40 something year old man kept coming up to my inner tube and flipping it over with me in it and laughing at me. I told him to quit but he kept doing it. I'm surprised a KI employee didn't step in and say something.

• Like 1