"They're Coming" - Cedar Point

A lot of people are speculating it's going to be like Twisted Colossus where the coaster will duel itself. I think the reason why is because of the "They're coming" as well as some elements that are already on the coaster that would makes sense on a dueling coaster. Though it's not likely with the presence of Gemini and the current stats, I wouldn't rule that out until there's more pictures and announcements put the nail in the coffin.

5 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

A lot of people are speculating it's going to be like Twisted Colossus where the coaster will duel itself. I think the reason why is because of the "They're coming" as well as some elements that are already on the coaster that would makes sense on a dueling coaster. Though it's not likely with the presence of Gemini and the current stats, I wouldn't rule that out until there's more pictures and announcements put the nail in the coffin.

Another reason that will not work is that unless a second lift hill is being placed somewhere else? It isn't dueling. 

8 hours ago, kirbias1 said:

"They're Coming" could be a reference to multiple RMC conversions coming to Cedar Fair parks over the next few years. We already know Mean Streak and Hurler are 2 of them. Could The Racer be the third? I doubt it, but we'll see.

I would say yes, but Rebel Yell at Kings Dominion just got some track work done by Gravity Group so I'd imagine Racer would get the Gravity Group retrack treatment as well.

2 hours ago, Hank said:

Does anyone remember Cedar Fair obtaining the "rights" to the name Centurion?  I have to wonder if this will be the new name of the old Mean Streak?

I believe that's the name they might give Vortex at Carowinds if and when it gets converted from Standup to floorless. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kirbias1 said:

And on the same day Kings Island Snap Chats a picture of The Racer with a blue and a red line drawn going up both lifts that reads...."We can dream, can't we?" 

That picture above I think was just to resemble the trains going up the lift since we are so close to opening day.

Also this topic is being discussed here: 

1 hour ago, HTCO said:

That picture above I think was just to resemble the trains going up the lift since we are so close to opening day.

Also this topic is being discussed here: 

Yeah, you're probably right. I think I would have an issue with The Racer getting the RMC treatment, anyways. The Racer is too historical to change it that drastically. Plus, I think we need a Giga first.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2017 at 2:42 PM, MDMC01 said:

Maybe "they" are the Outlaws, perhaps? But seriously, CP is finally saying something regarding RMC Mean Streak! :D Wonder what'll happen next...

I thought the exact same thing. .."outlaws" outlaw would be a cool name. IMO. But since they like animals names they might call it " buzzard." . Jk!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CoasterDirected said:

Racer would be way too boring to work with. There is a reason RMC hasn't done an out and back woodie yet. It'd be the weakest RMC bar none.

The reason RMC hasn't done an out and back woodie is because no one has hired them to do so. Give them money and they'll build one.

• Like 2

I didn't realize this until a while ago, but I'm insanely intrigued by what RMC did with Twisted Colossus.  I absolutely love the moebius loop coaster layout, the way the ride has a long duration due to it having to go though both lift hills before it returns to the station.  The intertwined layout and high-five effects is super awesome.  I would LOVE to see that kind of renovation come to Racer.  I don't think removing Racer is the way to go by any means; I believe Racer completes Coney Mall's look.  But an RMC moebius loop renovation would be amazing.

I thought I would not appreciate Racer as much after riding Mysti (My name for Mystic Timbers. Like Millie and Magie at CP.) I got to tell you that could not be further from the case. After getting (at the time) over 15 laps on Mysti I rode The Racer and it packs a great punch still. I still love The Racer as much as before, it is far from boring.

Back on topic, I am anxious to see if the park reveals any more before they open for the season? Even non enthusiasts will be figuring out that it is not coming down to the ground.

As I said earlier there have been rumors that it'll be dueling. I'm no engineer but it *might* be possible for RMC to construct a second lift hill in the 2017 season. I don't know how that would do with Gemini but when I heard "They're coming" I immediately thought a plural name like Outlaws, or a dueling coaster. I'm thinking Cedar Point will be going for another record breaker so my expectations are pretty high.