RMC throughout Cedar Fair?

SonofBaconator

RMC's presence has been confirmed in 2 Cedar Fair parks and it's highly rumored that Hurler at Carowinds will be next. That being said, is it possible that RMC will reach other Cedar Fair parks in the coming years? 

I honestly don't think so because there aren't any other Cedar Fair Woodies that desperately need the RMC treatment. Unless Cedar Fair and RMC experiment with non-wooden rides. RMC did do some track work for S&S with their 4D free spins after all. 

• Like 3

It seems CF is using Rocky Mountain Construction to fix old, terrible wooden coasters in their parks. Or at least that is the current trend. I can hope for one to come to Kings Island at some point in the near future, but I just don't see it happening any time soon.

17 minutes ago, HTCO said:

It seems CF is using Rocky Mountain Construction to fix old, terrible wooden coasters in their parks. Or at least that is the current trend. I can hope for one to come to Kings Island at some point in the near future, but I just don't see it happening any time soon.

Unlike the other CF parks, it seems that all of the wooden coasters are generally well liked by the GP. So I don't think KI would fit in with this trend, unless they decided to make a gutsy move and RMC The Racer.

• Like 4

I don't think an RMC woodie would be coming to Kings Island in the future as of now considering we are just now getting Mystic Timbers, as for other Cedar Fair parks, California's Great America is semi confirmed to be getting an RMC coaster in the future (Cedar Fair talked about adding another thrilling wooden coaster at the rezoning meeting), Carowinds is an interesting situation but I think that will stay a wooden coaster and not get RMC'd.

I def don't think we're gonna see RMC touch any of our woodies. But I wouldn't mind having a crazy RMC custom build similar to Lightning Rod. KI has the terrain for it as well. Only problem I see is the earliest we would ever get one is probably 7 years from now. I think it's a possibility after we get out assumed Giga.

7 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

This isn't a rumor or speculation, it's a question. RMC track on an Arrow coaster? Would that even be possible? Would it even enhance the ride experience?

I guess anything is possible if you throw enough cashy money at it.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

This isn't a rumor or speculation, it's a question. RMC track on an Arrow coaster? Would that even be possible? Would it even enhance the ride experience?

Maybe? I don't know the logistics of it all, but I guess anything is possible with money and creativity.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2017 at 5:30 AM, shadow9542 said:

Unlike the other CF parks, it seems that all of the wooden coasters are generally well liked by the GP. So I don't think KI would fit in with this trend, unless they decided to make a gutsy move and RMC The Racer.

I hope not! The Racer is such a classic. It'd be better if they built one from scratch.

• 3 months later...

I don't see any need for any of our current wooden coasters to receive the I box conversion. They all play a significant role in the parks history and I didn't find any of them to be as rough as Mean Streak when I rode it last season. A topper track woodie or a T-Rex / Raptor could be a possibility, though.

• Like 2

I've thought for awhile now that if they ever decide on replacing Vortex that an RMC T-Rex would fit in that footprint nicely. I don't think KI would receive an I-box conversion, I think a ground up woodie would be more likely. But I think RMC is at least 10 years away from being at KI. I could always be wrong, I just don't see it right now. CGA and Canada's Wonderland both could use the I-box conversion as well as Carowinds.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SonODiamondback said:

I Don't see KI getting a traditional RMC coaster but a T Rex I could see that in the future maybe as a Vortex replacement.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've been saying this ever since I seen the T-Rex design. I think it could be the perfect replacement if Vortex ever leaves.

I too, would like to see a T Rex design at KI. If capacity is such an issue, there wouldn't be coasters like Invertigo and even Wicked Twister (CP). Yeah, I know Invertigo was not built by CF before anyone brings it up. 

21 hours ago, KIBeast said:

I too, would like to see a T Rex design at KI. If capacity is such an issue, there wouldn't be coasters like Invertigo and even Wicked Twister (CP). Yeah, I know Invertigo was not built by CF before anyone brings it up. 

Wicked Twister was more of a filler coaster that never has more than a 10 minute wait.