RMC throughout Cedar Fair?

SonofBaconator

I wonder if CF would be into building custom Topper Track coasters at the parks. 

Oh, and Wolverine Wildcat would be a good contender for an Iron Horse conversion if they don't re-track it.  I would think WOF's Timberwolf would also be on the list.  

On 8/22/2017 at 2:29 PM, KIBeast said:

I too, would like to see a T Rex design at KI. If capacity is such an issue, there wouldn't be coasters like Invertigo and even Wicked Twister (CP). Yeah, I know Invertigo was not built by CF before anyone brings it up. 

I have heard that T-Rex's can be 300 foot plus coasters that would be interesting for sure.

On 8/20/2017 at 7:58 PM, JubJester said:

Michigan's Adventure would be a nice place for a Raptor. Doubt they'll even invest in that.

If KI would ever get an RMC it would be from the ground up. 

I have heard rumors of Racer getting the Iron Horse treatment like Twisted Colossus but if I'm not mistaking Racer is a protected ACE landmark. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2017 at 10:10 AM, Sythe said:

^ Carowinds needs a GCI

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Yes, they do. Rumors have it that Dorney is due for a GCI. I assume something along the lines of Prowler or Renegade.

19 hours ago, Hmrapp said:

I have heard rumors of Racer getting the Iron Horse treatment like Twisted Colossus but if I'm not mistaking Racer is a protected ACE landmark. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct. Racer is an ACE landmark. Not sure if it's a protected landmark? I love Racer the way it is. Good pops of airtime.

• Like 1

Racer doesn't need to be touched by RMC, none of our wooden coasters do, plain and simple. Mean Streak and Hurler were not popular rides at all so they could get the RMC treatment. Racer is too legendary. If RMC can install topper track without hurting the wooden integrity of the coaster then great, but I'd rather see a compact, ground up, RMC before I see a conversion.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, KIBeast said:

You are correct. Racer is an ACE landmark. Not sure if it's a protected landmark? I love Racer the way it is. Good pops of airtime.

Thanks for clarification. Yes, Racer is very fun the way it is, but it could use a re-track not gonna lie. One of the two sides (I forget) has a really bad trim on the turnaround that makes the rest of the ride slow and lackluster.

• Like 1

I have read comments on YouTube advocating an RMC conversion for The Racer, citing Twisted Colossus. Agreeing with what has been stated before, it would be a huge mistake to convert the ride due to its history and what it stands for in the Coney Mall sector. I've seen sizable lines for it even with the introduction of Mystic Timbers this season and it annually clocks in over a million riders each season. Mean Streak, from what I have read, clocked only 15,000 riders during its last full season of operation back in 2015.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Not a reliable source. They pulled that out of the air. If it operates at 500pph (assuming) and the park is open 10 hrs, that is 5,000 a day. So it operated 3 days?

I agree that it isn't a reliable source and looking at it it doesn't make sense for the ridership to be in that range, at least not THAT low.

The ride didn't always launch at full capacity. When I went last season to ride it for the first and last time, the trains were mostly empty.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2017 at 4:29 PM, silver2005 said:

I wonder if CF would be into building custom Topper Track coasters at the parks. 

Oh, and Wolverine Wildcat would be a good contender for an Iron Horse conversion if they don't re-track it.  I would think WOF's Timberwolf would also be on the list.  

There are only 4 topper track models around the world as opposed to 10 I-Box models. RMC has yet to do a topper track re-track, meaning all all four coasters that currently have topper track have all been ground up. I'm wondering if RMC will ever convert a current wooden coaster to topper track to keep it a wooden coaster.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I found this on RMC's faq and thought I'd share

https://www.rockymtnconstruction.com/faqs.php

Would you ever or have you ever thought of designing a wooden coaster with a look like Son of Beast?

Owner Fred Grubb and engineer Alan Schilke are always collaborating and figuring out how to create the most innovative coasters. They have many new ideas that are in the research and design process now. Again, unfortunately, we cannot provide any additional details until one of the designs is sold to a park as they will want to do the initial press release.

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the possibility that KI could get the first ground up I-Box coaster. The marketing for it would really be in their favor. The first ground up RMC Hybrid, and it is steel so for the GP it wouldn't be "just another Mystic Timbers". I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen a ground up RMC I-Box at this point. KI really would be the perfect park for it too.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, vonni said:

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the possibility that KI could get the first ground up I-Box coaster. The marketing for it would really be in their favor. The first ground up RMC Hybrid, and it is steel so for the GP it wouldn't be "just another Mystic Timbers". I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen a ground up RMC I-Box at this point. KI really would be the perfect park for it too.

There might be the small wrinkle that the first ground up I-box is going to Energylandia in Poland: http://coasterhub.com/archives/23520 . Would still be really cool to have a ground-up RMC (though personally I'm not sure that there'd be a difference between I-box and topper when built from scratch, does anyone else know if there is one?).

• Like 3

On 1/7/2018 at 0:42 AM, LoadAndGo said:

I love that CF is working with multiple manufactures. It's adding a wonderful depth to the chain's lineup. I mean Gerstlauer, B&M, RMC, GCI. All in the span of two years? A ground up RMC would be a welcome addition to KI.

I'm really wanting to see Mack added to this lineup since Intiman isn't producing coasters for CF.

• Like 2