SonofBaconator

RMC throughout Cedar Fair?

30 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

With Knott's new coaster, I wouldn't count out Gerstlauer either.  

What's interesting is that Cedar Fair primarily worked with Intamin and B&M for their parks which dominated the industry. Now you start to see a shift to companies like GCI, Gerstlauer and even RMC.

I personally think this shift comes from Cedar Fair's unsteady relationship with Intamin and the strive for something unique and dependable.

Intamin has also kind of gone stale as of late.  They haven't come up with anything new in quite a while and are focused in the Asian market at the moment.  Most other companies can now play the 'me too' game with Intamin on top of continuing with churning out new innovations while also having better ROI and reliability.  

On 1/14/2018 at 6:47 PM, silver2005 said:

Intamin has also kind of gone stale as of late.  They haven't come up with anything new in quite a while and are focused in the Asian market at the moment.  Most other companies can now play the 'me too' game with Intamin on top of continuing with churning out new innovations while also having better ROI and reliability.  

That turn-around is crazy.  Also this is in Poland...

On 1/7/2018 at 12:31 PM, MaestroFanatic said:

There might be the small wrinkle that the first ground up I-box is going to Energylandia in Poland: http://coasterhub.com/archives/23520 . Would still be really cool to have a ground-up RMC (though personally I'm not sure that there'd be a difference between I-box and topper when built from scratch, does anyone else know if there is one?).

Not sure why it wouldn't let me post more outside of the quote (maybe because I was going to originally copy/paste the quote and my response after reading the rest of the thread, but that didn't work...), but what I was going to say was that if you look at the link in the quote, Energylandia will be possibly be receiving a Tilt Coaster... a tilt coaster! I love that these are still being made in 2018. 

If each park in the chain would receive only one RMC, this is how I think it would break down. I included current RMCs as well. I excluded S&S freespins because literally any park could receive one.

• Ibox- Cedar Point, Kings Dominion, Canada's Wonderland, Carowinds
  • Topper Track- Kings Island
  • Raptor/ T-rex- California's Great America, Valley Fair, Dorney Park, Knotts, Worlds of Fun
  • Nothing- Michigan's Adventure (maybe a free-spin but even that's stretching it)

^
LOL, I will fix that!

(Fantasizes Michigan's Adventure with a B&M Giga, B&M Dive Coaster, B&M Wing Coaster, RMC'd Wildcat, GCI Wooden Coaster, Intamin Blitz Coaster, B&M Family Inverted Coaster, Vekoma Mine Train, Intamin Strata Coaster, as well as a huge waterpark expansion with multiple waterslides including water coasters and also a bunch of new flat rides and theming that is as good as Disney World)

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I MADE MICHIGAN'S ADVENTURE THE BEST PARK IN DA WORLD!!!

(Because I forgot to upgrade Hotels & Infastructure, Michigan's Adventure suffers the same fate as Geauga Lake and dies from over-expansion and all that stuff I listed above gets sent to other Cedar Fair Parks instead)

Oh...uhh...oops...

WA WA WA!:P

I found a cool list about which coasters should/ should not be rmc'd

https://www.thecoasterkings.com/10-coasters-that-should-be-rmcd-and-10-that-shouldnt/

If any Cedar Fair park should get the next RMC treatment it should be Canada's Wonderland but with the edition of YS, we might have to wait a bit- however there are rumors going around about Mighty Canadian Minebuster getting RMC'd

That started at least a few years ago from CW fanboys yelling 'we want/need an RMC' into the echo chamber until more people saw it and spread it... 

Person A says it on site X, Person B agrees with it, Person C chimes in, Person D sees it and regurgitates it on site Y, person E sees it on site Y, goes back to site X and says 'I saw it on site Y too! CoNfIrMeD!!!1!' and after enough repetitions , it goes from 'speculation/wishful thinking' to 'rumor'...

On 12/29/2018 at 9:56 PM, Rivertown Rider said:

Of the two big woodies at CW, I enjoyed Minebuster more than Wild Beast so if I were going to RMC one it would be Wild Beast instead of Minebuster.

I agree, there are so many Wildcat clones that I wouldn't mind sacrificing one and seeing what RMC could do with it.