The Beast vs Mystic Timbers

Xdog42

I like different aspects of each coaster. I enjoy The Beast's double helix, the multiple tunnels, secluded placement and night time rides.

On the other hand, I like the quick directional and smooth changes of direction on Mystic Timbers. I also had a really good night ride this year. Plus I enjoy the first drop's design. 

I'm just happy that KI has a nice collection of world class coasters for me and my family to enjoy.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NewD4y20 said:

I edited my post.

You just added "imo" bro- doesn't seem sincere. 

I'd say that The Beast is more historic than anything which adds to its greatness. It can't compete with the newer woodies out there now but its legacy keeps it alive and well. Its not a coaster that can really my compared to other coasters as its unique and truly one of a kind.

IMO

• Like 2

You have to admit, that few other coasters take up as much land as what The Beast sits on.  Especially in most of the modern theme parks.  35 acres is a lot of land.  Definitely makes it unique.  This adds to its wonderful night rides. 

I like both Mystic Timbers and The Beast.  They are both fun rides and worth waiting in line for.  I try and ride The Beast every visits to KI that I can.  In part because it was my first ride on it back in October of 1995 that sparked my (some may say extreme) interest in roller coasters and amusement parks.  I am still visiting new parks today, and just love learning more about the industry.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They are both unique in their own special ways, like I really love the theming for Mystic Timbers however The Beast is an instant classic with record breaking length and great timing, so in my opinon they are both awesome and neither is greater than the other. (Plus they both fit the theming in RiverTown ;))

• Like 2

^ I agree with you about how they are both special in their own way, but I have to give the nod to The Beast. I grew up riding The Beast with my family since the early 90s to 2001. I still went after that year, but we all grew up in the family and it was hard to get us all together. Long story short, I love going to Kings Island now with my good friends now and days. Mystic Timbers is an awesome ride and like others have said, it would be cool to see what The Beast would be like today if it was built by GCI in today's world. The only thing I would change about The Beast is that they don't trim it half to death. I remember when they used to let The Beast go crazy without the trims. Getting back to Mystic Timbers though, I love how they incorporated a story behind the ride along with a theme. You can say what you want to about the Shed, but to me it's fun to listen to the music in the dark before you find out what's going to greet you before getting back to the station. I personally love the Bats coming at me the most. The song I love the most is Man eater, hence my signature.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/4/2017 at 10:51 PM, Xdog42 said:

I have been asking myself this question for a while, Will Mystic Timbers be better than The Beast? At first I thought that Mystic Timbers would suck, but now it looks amazing. So I thought to myself, Could this beat The Beast for the best wooden coaster at KI? Looking at the stats Beast is superior to it having a taller lift, drop and top speed. But at the same time with all the trim breaks Beast has it could be at times slower and not as well paced. I also started to see Mystic Timbers had the more Intense layout. We all have to admit The Beast has a lot of straight sections, With Mystic Timbers POV it looks like you're always changing direction or getting airtime. Mystic Timbers looks to have a good nighttime ride like The Beast also. So as much as I love The Beast, Mystic Timbers just looks superior, It has everything from a good storyline to a great ride. But again I guess we will all see in 10 days. Anyways what are your guys' opinions?

The Beast is better hands down on me

• Like 1

To be honest, I actually like them about the same (which, needless to say, is A LOT;))

Just in very different ways.

One of the reasons why the MT was such a home-run IMO, is that its not just another great wooden coaster for the park, its one whose ingenious mix of twister and out-and-back elements makes it truly distinct from the woodie found just a stone's throw away.

So in other words, the answer to this question is "yes".

They both go so well together. A journey in Rivertown is ever-incomplete, unless you take a ride on both.

• Like 3