Question on what I can bring in park

joelcschwartz

We are new gold pass members for this upcoming year. It says no outside for or beverage on the FAQ on website ? Which I understand we will pack a cooler and leave it in the car ! What I was wondering is can you get away with bringing a bottle of water and a couple snack packs for my kids to help hold them over while waiting in line ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the rules say none at all, but I brought a stroller in several times with a couple bottles of water and small snacks for my little (4 and 5) ones, clearly visible, and they didn't seem to care.  A couple well timed gummi snacks or peanuts can go a long way in keeping the kids happy on busy, hot summer days. 

As long as you're respectful about it, I don't believe KI really minds...

An empty or sealed bottle water is fine for your visit. Small snack such as gummy bears or crackers or any snack that are small are usually overlooked. Trying to bring in a family size bag of chips, peanuts, sandwiches or Pringles cans are met with resistance either at the security checkpoint or front gate. It is always best practice to travel light and if you have medical/dietary need to always check in to Guest Services at the front of the park as they are accommodating for these needs during your visit.

• Like 1

I assume its a right to refuse situation, they have never stopped me from bringing in small snacks. Security has opened my backpack, seen bottles of powerade, bags of chips and sammiches and they wave you through. As long as it isn't anything huge or suspicious looking I doubt you would be asked to put it back. To be fair I also get to argue diabetes and low blood sugar if they do call it out, but they never have.

• 2 years later...

We have never had a problem bringing water bottles in the park. There was a family behind us last week that had a little girl in a wagon they were pulling. The wagon had 6-8 water bottles hanging off of it and the lady at the ticket booth did not say a word. The park has the water bottle refill stations so you can refill them also. We take the little Kool Aid squeeze bottle mix also so that you can at least have a flavored drink.