What is the price of slingshot throughout the day? Would you recommend riding slingshot if you have never ridden it before?

Daisy1380#

I hope that all of y'all are having a great day.

I know in the post where I introduced myself I said I would be going to Transylvania university in Lexington Kentucky, however, I have dedicated myself to Murray state university in Murray Kentucky. I say this because I won't be as close to Kings Island as Transylvania, however, I am closer than I would be in Nashville.

If you remember from my last post, I said I wanted to ride slingshot. I know that slingshot is a pay to ride attraction, however, I can't find a price of slingshot on Kings Islands website. What is the price of slingshot through the day? Does it change? How much for the video? Is the video worth it?

I ask all of these questions because I have never ridden a slingshot ride. The only ride that is similar to a slingshot that I have ridden was zero g at beech bend park. I say this for the fact that both leave you in fear for a period of time. I loved riding zero g at beech bend, however, I want an even greater thrill.

That leads me to my next question. If you have never ridden a slingshot ride, is it worth it to ride?

Again, I am not afraid of slingshot, I just want to know if it is worth it.

Thank you so much for responding.

I hope that y'all have a great day.

Thanks, again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

can't recal if it requires two or not but wnat to say it does, not for sure though.

As for pricing it varies greatly depending on how busy the park and interest int he attraction is. I did it once with a bud adn we talked them into $5 a person since it was slow. Overall it was a fun expereince to try once, but not sure I'd do it again. The wait is a bit unnerving/fun and the initial shot and first couple slings are good. after that it's a bit dull adn jsut kind of bobs up and down a little. get a ncie view of the park though.

• Like 1

I'd agree with the above, but in my case I'd extend it to the whole ride being quite dull. I did it several years ago after getting the ticket for five dollars first thing in the morning. The initial launch left me thinking,"Oh, neat." Then the rest of the ride, "I feel like I'm on a shorter Eiffel Tower that happens to be bobbing up and down."

I would only ride it again if I got the ticket for five dollars and I was with someone who had never ridden it. So in your case, get the ticket as soon as you get to the park for hopefully $5, then ride and decide if you think it is worth it.

• Like 2

What you can do is buy your ticket early in the morning, being one of the first things you do. But you must make sure that there are two people with you in order to ride. It requires two people to ride. But typically it's cheapest during the weeks, and early in the morning. (Minimum price is always $10, There is no longer a $5 minimum.)

• Like 1

It's not as tall as the one at Cedar Point, but it was a lot of fun.  We waited until the price fell to $10 throughout the day (my recollection was that it was $25 earlier in the day however)  With a Platinum card, we got a discount on the in-ride video and I still love to watch the reaction from my 10 year old.  Priceless.

• Like 1

Opinions on this ride tend to be divided. Some say it's a scary/great ride, others say it's the most boring ride in the park. Me? I'm in the latter category. I rode it once, by myself (several years ago, before the mandatory two-person rule was put in place). My reaction afterward was "why did I just waste $10 on this piece of crap?"

I think the issue that divides opinions like that is that it is the fastest ride in the park (over 100 mph), but you are facing the sky while accelerating to that speed, and thus have no reference points with which to judge your speed and realize how fast you are going. Some people enjoy the G-forces of the acceleration and trying to flip the ball over, while others... just don't.

Regardless, as with any ride, I encourage you to not let other people's negative opinions keep you from riding it for yourself. Different people like different things when it comes to thrills, and you might like it even when a few people on an Internet message board tell you that it's a terrible ride. :)

• Like 3

I love Xtreme Skyflyer. It's really the only ride in the park that still gives me a true adrenaline rush. As for being scared, yes, being hoisted 15 or so stories into the air with only the harness supporting you is scary, and having to pull the ripcord yourself can be terrifying, but know that Skycoasters (the ride model) have a perfect safety record. It's a unique feeling that you can't get from any other ride in the park, and more than worth the typical morning price of $5 (like Sling Shot, the price goes up as the day goes on, but you can buy in the morning and wait to ride until later that day).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Coca-ColaParking said:

What about EXtreme Skyflyer? I have been very close to pulling the trigger a couple times, but that is the only attraction at any park that I have honestly been afraid to ride. Whats everybody's thoughts on it?

maybe it's because it's within view of Delirium, but the one time I rode the skyflyer, it felt like a vertical Delirium ride lol :) Delirium is possibly my favorite ride in the park so I quite enjoyed it! if you like Delirium I think there is a good chance you would enjoy the skyflyer.

• Like 1

Thanks you so much y'all for helping me.

I thank y'all for telling me the price, telling me that I will need to ride with someone (or a ride manager if needed), and telling me that the ride is good if you have never ridden it before (I have never ridden a slingshot ride).

How much does the video cost (without a season pass)?

How good is the video (is the video high quality for slingshot)?

Thanks again.

Price starts at 10. Generally, if you go early enough they'll sell you a pair for 5 each. The price will rise to 15-20 on weekdays and 20-25 on weekends. Once the price goes up, it will not go back down. Also, there is a two hour limit if I remember correctly, meaning you must ride or at least be in line within two hours of purchasing your ticket.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2017 at 8:04 PM, rudyza said:

Price starts at 10. Generally, if you go early enough they'll sell you a pair for 5 each. The price will rise to 15-20 on weekdays and 20-25 on weekends. Once the price goes up, it will not go back down. Also, there is a two hour limit if I remember correctly, meaning you must ride or at least be in line within two hours of purchasing your ticket.

No, you have the whole day to ride. That's how it was whenever I went last year. You can buy it cheap in the morning, and ride it in the evening.

2 hours ago, Gucci_Gissel2018 said:

Really? When I rode it, I could ride by myself.

When was that? Back it 2010 or 2011, when I had my one ride on it, that was indeed the case, but from my understanding, the rule has since been changed and you are no longer allowed to ride solo.

I too have never ridden a Sling Shot type ride. I was concerned about the possibility of not being able to ride as a single rider. Will indeed have to check into it some time this year. However, EXtreme Skyflyer type rides including the one at Kings Island are an absolute blast. i will always ride one if a park I visit happens to have one. I usually buy two tickets at the lowest price of the day and "fly" in the morning and then again at sunset.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2017 at 4:55 PM, jcgoble3 said:

When was that? Back it 2010 or 2011, when I had my one ride on it, that was indeed the case, but from my understanding, the rule has since been changed and you are no longer allowed to ride solo.

Didn't know that. Guess that just shows that I'm not a big fan of the slingshot. XD. There is a 115 LBS. weight min. for a ride.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2017 at 2:50 PM, Gucci_Gissel2018 said:

No, you have the whole day to ride. That's how it was whenever I went last year. You can buy it cheap in the morning, and ride it in the evening.

Don't know who sold you tickets, but the policy (starting 2016 season) was that tickets were valid for two hours.  Obviously, there are exceptions to the rule (downtime, slow days, etc.), but for 99% of the time, that's the case.  

Source: Working in AZ 2015-2016

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, metalchic said:

no thanks.  i love my coasters but you couldnt pay me enough to ride either of these.  ive seen both fail at other parks.  but im sure it definitely is a thrill.

What do you mean, you've seen both fail? I don't know about Slingshot, but Xtreme Skyflyer is a Skycoaster model, and Skycoasters have a 100% perfect safety record. Show me an instance where a Skycoaster has failed. And don't say this incident, because that is not a Skycoaster, but a completely different ride from a different manufacturer.

• Like 1

Similar-looking models for both Xtreme Skyflier and Slingshot have had publicized malfunctions in the last few years (the aforementioned incident in France, the Slingshot cable/elastic snap in Wisconsin Dells.) It's worth noting that our versions are from different manufacturers who (to my knowledge) have never had a malfunction.

I'm not an admin and I can't tell y'all what to do, but I do ask that we not punish people for not being experts right out of the gate. That's no fun.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...
On June 2, 2017 at 3:17 AM, metalchic said:

no thanks.  i love my coasters but you couldnt pay me enough to ride either of these.  ive seen both fail at other parks.  but im sure it definitely is a thrill.

Back in 2006 I was working it when a middle spring broke, it was shut down for like 15 minute then reopened broken spring was taken out but not replaced, that price is funny I had to always keep changing it, back then it was ok single riders cause we used do a special for two riders, also the same year they updated to DVDs from vhs, and the same year over there had a wood bee problem, they kept making holes in cash register counter, btw thread bump.

On 6/3/2017 at 12:01 AM, jcgoble3 said:

What do you mean, you've seen both fail? I don't know about Slingshot, but Xtreme Skyflyer is a Skycoaster model, and Skycoasters have a 100% perfect safety record. Show me an instance where a Skycoaster has failed. And don't say this incident, because that is not a Skycoaster, but a completely different ride from a different manufacturer.

I'm not going to lie, if I KNEW for absolute FACT that I wasn't going to come out of the harness, I would love to do that... That being said, I'm certain that was terrifying for that person, and I don't want to make jokes and light of that subject, but I watched that video and it made me think that would be an excellent way to do a Skyflyer ride. 

One time I sold a group of chicks tickets and one got scared and wet themselves on the way for Skyflyer, the harness had to immediately be removed and cleaned/sanitized, I felt really bad for that guest, they bought a souvenir dvd, they had to go to I-street gifts to get her a new outfit(her friends[not KI]). Slingshot I experienced a few guest fails too :-S

Xtreme Skyflyer is one of my favorite paid activities in the park.  I did it once with a friend during college, and then last season I wanted to do it so badly.  I had asked friends a few times (the declined) and then just decided to do it by myself. I think I flew four or five times altogether.  Solo is the way to go because your arms are free.  I like to get my ticket early in the day and then go fly later in the evening.  What a rush!

• Like 3

The pay to ride attractions (Skyflyer and Slingshot) can be purchased in the early day for the cheapest price. When you buy it, they give you the receipt which is your ticket to ride. You can use it at any time of day too, which is great. I recommend buying it early, though you don't have to ride it immediately. 

• Like 1