WCPO Coverage of The Beast (1979)

Hoeter

Well, on my Youtube suggested videos, these came up a day or so ago. They are more classic WCPO Beast videos, and some general park footage from 1979. (All Videos are from WCPO's Youtube Channel- there are probably more, if you click the link to Youtube button and click their page)

I think WCPO got some years wrong though, I'll link the videos then comment further on that one.

The Beast Construction, 1978

Kings Island Footage from 1979 (1980?)

Aerial View of Kings Island in 1979 (1980?)

Riders on The Beast in 1979 (1980?)

I also think some of this footage is from 1980 though, especially the "Aerial View of Kings Island" one- The Beast has all its current tunnels (the helix tunnels have been added and the 2 short tunnels mid-ride have been combined), Scooby Doo/Beastie has its tunnel (which was also added in 1980 from what I have read), and the Sky Ride & Bavarian Beetle, both of which were removed after 1979, are both gone. That kinda screams "1980" to me, based on what I have heard about the park that year.

Also seeing how Carl Eichelman just hopped onto Beast, sat down, pulled the lap bar down and was dispatched almost instantly without even a lap bar check made me LOL. That would be so no-go in 2017. :P

• Like 5