Season drink plan questions

timfsu2k

Tried searching for this topic but I am on my phone so I may have missed it. 

I renewed my gold passes last last October and added the season long unlimited refill cup. Since then the park has introduced the free refill wristbands and I would much rather use that option. Does anyone know if they will let me switch to the wristband?

MOD EDIT: Speculation and discussion about drink plan changes can be found in this thread:

• Like 1

Tried searching for this topic but I am on my phone so I may have missed it. 

I renewed my gold passes last last October and added the season long unlimited refill cup. Since then the park has introduced the free refill wristbands and I would much rather use that option. Does anyone know if they will let me switch to the wristband?

If I'm not mistaken you can upgrade to the throw away cup program for 2.99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I'm not mistaken you can upgrade to the throw away cup program for 2.99

That is correct. $2.99 to process the reusable cup into throw away cups. One drink/refill every 15 minutes is the limit.

We did this on the throw away cups- 1 less thing to carry around!

I wish KI would go the route of Holiday World- free drinks and sunscreen! People don't really go crazy on it, just get drinks as needed.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, fyrfyter said:

That is correct. $2.99 to process the reusable cup into throw away cups. One drink/refill every 15 minutes is the limit.

I wish KI would go the route of Holiday World- free drinks and sunscreen! People don't really go crazy on it, just get drinks as needed.

What was the process to switch it over? Did you do it online?

I just paid for it Sunday when we had our passes processed. They said you could do it through guest services. It actually gets tied to your pass. No wristband needed!

You can also do it at the cup stand located to the right of the entrance to the park. I would say you can do it at any place inside that sells the cups as well.

• Like 1

You can also do it at the cup stand located to the right of the entrance to the park. I would say you can do it at any place inside that sells the cups as well.

They didn't say anything about that only gate and inside at guest services. Since it involves modifying a pass, I doubt any place can do it.
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, fyrfyter said:

They are both listed as $29.99 online.

If you haven't gotten your cup yet, it doesn't cost a fee to switch it over to disposables. Because they didn't have both available as options when renewing in the fall, they're allowing anyone who purchased the drink bottle then to choose which way to go. The fee is only if you decide to change from one to the other later. 

• Like 5

We purchased two souvenir cups like we always do for our family of 7, one with my pass, and one with my husband's.  Since the barcode is on the cup, my teenagers were able to take the cups when we weren't with them, and still get refills.  Are the barcodes still on the souvenir cups? And, if we switch to the paper cup plan, would we need to add the plan to each of the teenagers for the days when we are not with them?

14 minutes ago, mommajen said:

We purchased two souvenir cups like we always do for our family of 7, one with my pass, and one with my husband's.  Since the barcode is on the cup, my teenagers were able to take the cups when we weren't with them, and still get refills.  Are the barcodes still on the souvenir cups? And, if we switch to the paper cup plan, would we need to add the plan to each of the teenagers for the days when we are not with them?

The throw a way cup is a good concept but the souvenir cup in my opinion is better because you can keep it and hold on to a memory with the cup you have to have your pass in order to get a cup and  you have to wait 15 minutes to refill the disposable one

2 minutes ago, KingsIslandJunkie said:

The throw a way cup is a good concept but the souvenir cup in my opinion is better because you can keep it and hold on to a memory with the cup you have to have your pass in order to get a cup and  you have to wait 15 minutes to refill the disposable one

I agree that the souvenir cups are a good "memory keeper".  We store previous year cups in our camper, they are great for keeping the bugs out of drinks, and easy to carry on hikes. And last year after my 17 year old left a souvenir cup in the car for a couple of days, we just attached the straw from a previous year due to the mildew buildup (Yuck!!) This ultimately made it really easy to identify our cups from others in the bins at the rides.  However, the paper cups eliminate the fear of the teenagers losing the cups at KI, costing me another $30.  Ugh, I've got some thinking to do, maybe I'll just fork out the extra $$ to add to their passes.

Are the souvenir cup smaller this year than in seasons past? Carowinds for sure look like it. 

I bought the paper cup plan. After a day and a half at KD and two at Carowinds, it has more than paid for itself. Absolutely a great investment. 

19 minutes ago, freaks76 said:

Are the souvenir cup smaller this year than in seasons past? Carowinds for sure look like it. 

I bought the paper cup plan. After a day and a half at KD and two at Carowinds, it has more than paid for itself. Absolutely a great investment. 

Yes.  Another member measured that it is about 6 ounces smaller.  Agree about the paper cup plan.  This is the first year we got a drink plan and we love it!!!

• Like 1

Sounds like paper cups are the way to go if it's the same price. I've never done the souvenir cup in the past for the sake of ride storage...Does anyone know if the same plan works for the rest of the parks if you go Platinum? I know it does for the souvenir cup...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Reon said:

Sounds like paper cups are the way to go if it's the same price. I've never done the souvenir cup in the past for the sake of ride storage...Does anyone know if the same plan works for the rest of the parks if you go Platinum? I know it does for the souvenir cup...

I checked the FAQs on KI today and some seem to be missing, but the faqs on CP say they work at all CF parks.

My question.  Straws and lids?   I am guessing not but without the lid support paper cups have a tendency to collapse especially when handled by a klutz like me or super duper klutzes like my kids.  

Either way I will go with this option and most likely put my money where my mouth (fingers?) is and actually buy 3 plans this this year.  I like ice and 16oz is barely enough water for me in 15 minutes on a hot day.

Probably will still carry a collapsible water bottle with me.  

4 hours ago, Reon said:

Yes. I bought mine through the KI website. Used it at both KD and Carowinds. As I said it was a great investment. It has already more than paid for itself. 

• Like 3

I will say this about it.  We went with the disposable cups.  Its still some confusion at the park.  Most times we got the smaller one handed to us, some times the larger one was handed out.  A couple of times, they gave us two of the smaller cups as they tried to figure out the system

In any case, I would say that I have already broken even (we went Friday, Saturday, and Sunday).

• Like 3

I've broke even with the cost....mainly due to my trip to Carowinds earlier and this weekend. 

At Panda Express we were given the large cups...we were told "because we haven't received the cups for the program yet at this location." 

At all the other locations we got the standard 16 ounce cups. 

This program is so worth it, a drink every 15 minutes...why not?! 

• Like 1