Season drink plan questions

timfsu2k

46 minutes ago, kikid74 said:

Not sure if it's been stated, but unfortunately, the 15 minute rule isn't intended to be a "gotcha". The rule is in place to discourage people from sharing/abusing a single unlimited drink plan. 

Are you saying it was implemented to prevent people from getting unlimited drinks on the unlimited drink plan?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Stoan said:

Are you saying it was implemented to prevent people from getting unlimited drinks on the unlimited drink plan?

Sorry, I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not?  Are you saying that you think the unlimited drink plan should allow the purchaser of a single drink plan to ask the cashier to scan the drink pass 4 times, get four cups, and get a drink for each of the four members of their group? 

45 minutes ago, kikid74 said:

Sorry, I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not?  Are you saying that you think the unlimited drink plan should allow the purchaser of a single drink plan to ask the cashier to scan the drink pass 4 times, get four cups, and get a drink for each of the four members of their group? 

That is probably one of the main reasons for the 15 minutes.  If you have a family of 4 and want to get 4 drinks at meal time, you need to purchase 4 drink plans.  My family has 1 plan, and we do share it, but we take turns.  Sometimes my wife and I will share a soft drink at dinner, sometimes on of our boys will get it.  We just share it around, and if its not one of our boys turn for a soft drink at dinner, they know that and are fine with water.  It is just like if you have 1 bottle drink plan, you don't get 4 drinks at one time.  I have no problem with the 15 minutes drink plan.  Whether there is a 15 minute time gap or not, unlimited will never mean an infinite number of drink refills.  It will always be a finite amount.

Complaining about a 15 minutes gap between drinks that you paid $30 for for the entire season = #FirstWorldProblems

• Like 3

I kind of had the same thought too: having a larger sized up specifically when you also order food would be nice... but it would also create a lot of confusion.

This isn’t worth it. I had enough issues early on in the season with my unlimited drink plan.

Essentially an employee screwed it up and activated it incorrectly, indicating I had a refillable cup, which I did not.

In the end, I had to call customer service, talk to 3 different people and then still visit guest services at the park to again explain the situation and they “reset” our unlimited drink plan to work right.

It was a huge pain in the @$$. I got it fixed, but jeez, guests shouldn’t have to deal with this, when an employee makes an error.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, chad_1138 said:

Complaining about a 15 minutes gap between drinks that you paid $30 for for the entire season = #FirstWorldProblems

Well when you put it that way, everything in this forum is #FirstWorldProblems.  Just off the top of my head with no searching I can think of the following complaints in this forum:

• ERT isn't long enough
  • ERT doesn't include the right rides
  • ERT should include more of the park
  • Season pass holders should get more benefits
  • KI should have a member's favorite soft drink
  • Meal plan duration between meals is too long
  • KI needs a giga
  • Winterfest should be open longer
  • and the list goes on...you see my point...

For those that read the thread, BoddaH wasn't "complaining" - as a long term park goer and member of this forum and former moderator he was simply educating the forum on a problem he had experienced and wasn't aware of the 15 minute rule and obviously thought others should know about.  That FAQ about 15 minutes could have been added after said plan was purchased - nobody knows for sure since they don't have revision date on when things are modified.  And in all his years attending the park he never experienced that.  When was the 15 minute gap implemented - I don't think it was during the first year - certainly it was in response to the abuse happening with the drink plan. 

BoddaH even mentioned he was fine with the 15 minute gap, and his issue was that from a communications standpoint it should be front and center on the purchase page just like the meal plan times are was the point he was trying to make and is being lost by everyone.

I guess we should just shut down this #FirstWorldProblems forum :P

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Well when you put it that way, everything in this forum is #FirstWorldProblems.  Just off the top of my head with no searching I can think of the following complaints in this forum:

• ERT isn't long enough
  • ERT doesn't include the right rides
  • ERT should include more of the park
  • Season pass holders should get more benefits
  • KI should have a member's favorite soft drink
  • Meal plan duration between meals is too long
  • KI needs a giga
  • Winterfest should be open longer
  • and the list goes on...you see my point...

For those that read the thread, nowhere was Boddha "complaining" - as a long term park goer and member of this forum and former moderator he was simply educating the forum on a problem he had experienced and wasn't aware of the 15 minute rule and obviously thought others should know about.  That FAQ about 15 minutes could have been added after said plan was purchased - nobody knows for sure since they don't have revision date of things on when things are modified.  And in all his years attending the park he never experienced that.  When was the 15 minute gap implemented - I don't think it was during the first year - certainly it was in response to the abuse happening with the drink plan. 

Boddha even mentioned he was fine with the 15 minute gap, and his issue was that from a communications standpoint it should be front and center on the purchase page just like the meal plan times are was the point he was trying to make and is being lost by everyone.

I guess we should just shut down this #FirstWorldProblems forum :P

Thanks for your post.

Yeah, to be clear: I’m fine with the policy. I think it’s fair. I also would probably make the same decision if it were me.

I do have a problem with the fact that unless you specifically seek it out, you do not know about the policy upon purchasing.

Honestly, the fact the some on here chose to critique how I handled the fact that my drink was flat, or how it was my responsibility to read the fine print regardless of what they presented to me upon purchase, or insulting me for for presenting evidence in my case is not surprising to me. Trust me: I used to run this site. I know how some people feel personally insulted if the park is critiqued. I also know how certain people from the park react to criticism, whether it’s founded or not.

I drink A LOT of liquids during the day. I easily push a gallon and a half or two. I'll down the entire souvenir cup easily in 15 minutes. I did that before the 15 minute wait was added, and before they even lowered the cup size from 20 to 16oz.

Sure 30 is a grand deal, but on a hot day as a person that usually drinks a lot anyways it's irritating. Hell I have two drink plans for the family, i still use both when I'm solo at the park.

Side complaint, more places need tea. Outside freestyle which is almost always limited to one location, there literally isn't a single diet not caffeinated drink in the park (except water).

• Like 1

Side complaint, more places need tea. Outside freestyle which is almost always limited to one location, there literally isn't a single diet not caffeinated drink in the park (except water).

This is my biggest gripe. Was there last night and the freestyle machines at the train station were closed. Only other place is on the other side of the park. I go for the Minute Maid light drinks. And they’re almost always out. I end up with flavored Dasani.
  • Like 1

My problem with the Coke Freestyle machines, is that while they do offer a great variety, there is only one dispenser.  Compared to traditional dispensers that have six to eight dispensers per machine.  I have seen backups before, particularly at places like Firehouse Subs.

14 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

My problem with the Coke Freestyle machines, is that while they do offer a great variety, there is only one dispenser.  Compared to traditional dispensers that have six to eight dispensers per machine.  I have seen backups before, particularly at places like Firehouse Subs.

I was totally against them until recently.  Now that they've added several units - especially in Coney - the capacity is much better.  I like the drink options a lot now.  I just REALLY wish there was a resolution to the problem of the machines being out of ice.  Yesterday all 6 were out.  It's not uncommon.  Honestly between the building having no AC and just the inherent demand, they almost need someone filling the machines every 15 minutes or so.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, harveyhaddixfan said:

This is my biggest gripe. Was there last night and the freestyle machines at the train station were closed. Only other place is on the other side of the park. I go for the Minute Maid light drinks. And they’re almost always out. I end up with flavored Dasani.

This.   The plan is not “unlimited” simply because there are so few refresh stands open.  Sure you can stand in a 10-30 minute food line, but who wants to do that?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I was totally against them until recently.  Now that they've added several units - especially in Coney - the capacity is much better.  I like the drink options a lot now.  I just REALLY wish there was a resolution to the problem of the machines being out of ice.  Yesterday all 6 were out.  It's not uncommon.  Honestly between the building having no AC and just the inherent demand, they almost need someone filling the machines every 15 minutes or so.

I don't think the ice is all the parks fault.  I think some of it has to with the piles and piles off ice just sitting on the dispenser drain. 

1 minute ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I don't think the ice is all the parks fault.  I think some of it has to with the piles and piles off ice just sitting on the dispenser drain. 

Oh, I know!!  i've noticed that the Freestyle machines kind of throw ice everywhere.  That's why there is always the wet floor sign in Coney.  I think that all drink dispensers sometimes throw globs of ice that people dump out, but people dumping them over and over again with the constant stream of patrons is what's causing the icebergs in the spill trays and partially responsible for the ice shortages.  

They need Coke machines with ice makers on top.  Allegedly Coney has them but they don't work well because it's so warm in there.  I'm surprised this isn't a more widespread thing. C'mon, science!

• Haha 1

I really wish there were more freestyle machines. I used to drink nothing but diet Coke but I've now become a fan of Dasani flavored water and on these hot days that's what I want to drink, not soda. I'm diabetic so my options are very limited and it drives me crazy that the train location is never open .

• Like 2

Kings Island should take note of what all the Disney resort food courts have - a regular ice machine beteeen each two regular soda fountains.  This allows the high capacity of guests per hour without any guest going without ice for their drinks (and an ice machine is clearly safer than the kids having to climb a step ladder with a heavy bucket of ice to pour in the top of the freestyle machines - surprised there have not been any medical injuries with the “ice bucket dump” into the top of the machine)

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:44 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

Thanks for your post.

Yeah, to be clear: I’m fine with the policy. I think it’s fair. I also would probably make the same decision if it were me.

I do have a problem with the fact that unless you specifically seek it out, you do not know about the policy upon purchasing.

Honestly, the fact the some on here chose to critique how I handled the fact that my drink was flat, or how it was my responsibility to read the fine print regardless of what they presented to me upon purchase, or insulting me for for presenting evidence in my case is not surprising to me. Trust me: I used to run this site. I know how some people feel personally insulted if the park is critiqued. I also know how certain people from the park react to criticism, whether it’s founded or not.

So twice this week I witnessed guests that seemingly had purchased the drink plan that day and found out when trying to obtain drinks that there is indeed a waiting period.  I felt for the poor cashiers that simply had to say go to guest services.  I saw both guests go off on the helpless cashier demanding refunds that we know they cannot provide.  Compounding the issue with one guest, apparently he intended to purchase the all day dining plan and was sold the season long meal plan and was absolutely livid when he tried to redeem a meal 90 minutes later and was told it was a 4 hour window for the meal plan he had and only gets two meals.  Again, he demanded a refund that the cashier could not provide.  I would assume in that situation guest services took care of the meal plan situation, but I doubt refunds were given for the drink plan.

Some of the issue was consumer error, but nonetheless, I first hand witnessed two incidents just this week of the issue BoddaH pointed out and both guests in their rants were completely trashing the park and its policies and overall perception of the park and adamant they would not return.  Now we know that the park cannot make everyone happy and some will complain just for the sake of complaining, but it is a good business practice to try to mitigate said issues before they arise.  I would suspect this situation happens more often than we see.