Kings Island Music

CoasterOhio

Hey guys, 

I'm looking at making a big playlist on Spotify of all of the songs Kings Island plays over the PA system.

No rides, FunTV's or Haunt music (You can still suggest that, I may make a haunt themed playlist.) Just purely music played in the paths, All of that poppy music. Thanks!

d0fce899d336d6e9444b66d95b8ee126.png

This is my current list.

• Like 3

I have heard Adele's "Send my Love (To Your New Lover)" at Kings Island so many times that whenever I hear it elsewhere I pretend I am at the park. Such was the case when the song played on Mix 107.7 while I swam at the Y yesterday... :P 

Also if Michael Franti's "Say Hey (I Love You)" isn't on the list already, that's another great song played at the park. I have also heard Jordin Sparks' "One Step at a Time," Ellie Goulding's "Lights," Jason Mraz's "I Won't Give Up," and Colbie Caillat's "Bubbly" each a number of times as well.

• Like 2

I have some more that I frequently hear throughout the park

1. Catch My Breath- Kelly Clarkson
  2. If you only knew- Shinedown
  3. Love Somebody- Maroon 5
  4. Can't stop the feeling- Justin Timberlake
  5. Skyfall-Adele 
  6. Fire to the Rain- Adelle
  7. Lights- Ellie Golding 
  8. Diamonds- Rihanna 
  9. Higher (single- no FloRida)- The Saturdays
  10. Numb- Usher
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know what the ambience music is?  Would be mom of the year if I could get him the recording.

On 5/8/2017 at 10:02 PM, Italian Job 2005 said:

Minus the FUNTV music in the queue, the ride doesn't really have any "music", per se. Just one ambience audio track that loops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somebody had mentioned hearing Rocky Top on the train earlier this season, and now I have too! Although the music on tap during the ride is the same selections as before, they have some new songs playing while waiting in the station. 

Actually, they have new ones moving too! Part of the "beef: it's what's for dinner" symphony, some banjo song I don't recognize, Surfin' Safari. Then Rocky Top, and on the way into the station a remix of the talking and ambient music from Mystic Timbers' queue line, ending with a reminder not to go in the shed :)

• 3 months later...
On 4/16/2017 at 0:28 AM, Oldiesmann said:

Some of the songs I heard at KI today:
A cover version of Michael W. Smith's "Friends"
"We Are The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" by Relient K
"Fireflies" by Owl City
"Uprising" by Muse

Jump5 does the "Friends" cover (it plays on Planet Snoopy); did not know that was a Michael W. Smith song (I assumed it was an original).

• Like 1

On 5/15/2017 at 0:18 PM, Magenta Lizard said:

Somebody had mentioned hearing Rocky Top on the train earlier this season, and now I have too! Although the music on tap during the ride is the same selections as before, they have some new songs playing while waiting in the station. 

Actually, they have new ones moving too! Part of the "beef: it's what's for dinner" symphony, some banjo song I don't recognize, Surfin' Safari. Then Rocky Top, and on the way into the station a remix of the talking and ambient music from Mystic Timbers' queue line, ending with a reminder not to go in the shed :)

Are you talking about the train to the waterpark? I haven't been on it this year. It just used to always play "Kokomo" and I'd sing along, regardless of other people's reactions. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, my apologies in creating a duplicate thread regarding the KI music. Unfortunately, when I try to create a Spotify account using my email, it does not let me proceed. After I hit the Sign up button, the page keeps loading and doesn't take me to the next page, I wonder could this be an error with my computer or is it an error with Spotify? Anyway I was wondering, is there a way to access the songs that have been played at Kings Island this year? Thanks so much.

• Like 1

^ I'd recommend trying with a different browser (Chrome, Firefox or Edge). Since it's not working for an extended period of time, the problem is most likely on your end. Testing with other browsers is a quick way to narrow down potential causes of the problem.

The park doesn't release a definitive playlist that you can access, but I'd recommend starting with one of the Spotify playlists in this thread and adding songs as needed.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, malem said:

^ I'd recommend trying with a different browser (Chrome, Firefox or Edge). Since it's not working for an extended period of time, the problem is most likely on your end. Testing with other browsers is a quick way to narrow down potential causes of the problem.

The park doesn't release a definitive playlist that you can access, but I'd recommend starting with one of the Spotify playlists in this thread and adding songs as needed.

Hi malem,

Thank you so much for your help, originally I tried using Chrome(the browser I typically use) and it wasn't working but then I tried it with another browser, Edge and it worked perfectly fine, I was able to set up an account with Spotify, I'm guessing I may have had something in Chrome that would have prevented Spotify from installing, I really appreciate your help. Now that I've set up an account, should I be able to listen to the songs and add some also as needed?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...