Kings Island Music

CoasterOhio

• 1 month later...

Since the instrumental music on International Street is returning this season, will there possibly be an updated version of the playlist? I would love to hear "Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune (Afternoon of a Faun)" by Claude Debussy over the loud speakers on International Street. Would go great with the setting of the Royal Fountain and Eiffel Tower.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
5 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I wish each coaster had their own theme song. Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point plays "Ready to Go"- by Republica and it certainly fits.

Wonder what theme songs our coasters could have.

The Racer- The current Racer Radio is good, but it would be cool to hear some more music from the late 60s and early 70s in the station.

The Beast- "Metamorphosis" unused track from "An American Werewolf in London" by Elmer Bernstein 

The Bat- "Night on Bald Mountain" by Mussorgsky

Banshee- "Ossuary 6 - Air" by Kevin MacLeod

Vortex- "Vengabus (We Like to Party)" by Vengaboys

Diamondback- "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" by Hugo Montenegro (Composed by Ennio Morricone)

• Like 1

I actually think that whole album (Alien Youth) would work, with the exception of the last song (“Come my Way” doesn’t fit the rest of the album’s industrial rock style).

EDIT: Another good coaster song (that makes me think of Cedar Point specifically) is “Fad of the Land” by Newsboys

20 hours ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

The Beast- "Metamorphosis" unused track from "An American Werewolf in London" by Elmer Bernstein 

Diamondback- "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" by Hugo Montenegro (Composed by Ennio Morricone)

YES to scores! That Bernstein track is wonderful. As good as the scene is with "Blue Moon," I kinda wish the cue was used. 

Keeping with the score motif just for fun, here are my picks:

Flight of Fear: "Prelude/Radar" by Bernard Herrmann from The Day the Earth Stood Still 

Banshee: "Let's Get Her/Rebirth" by Jerry Goldsmith from Poltergeist

The Beast: "Main Theme/Desolation" by Ennio Morricone from The Thing

BLSC: "Rush Hour" by Mark Mancina from Speed

Diamondback: "The Swarm" by Jerry Goldsmith 

Vortex: "The Black Hole" by John Barry 

Adventure Express: "The Idol Temple" by John Williams from Raiders of the Lost Ark 

The Bat: "My Skull/Gurney" by Jerry Goldsmith from The 'Burbs 

Mystic Timbers: I love it's music already, but hey why not? "Plymouth Fury" by John Carpenter from Christine 

• Like 3

^^^ Totally agree with the Bernstein piece. I feel like they could've used more of his score in that film, and I just think it ties in very well with The Beast.

Also, I forgot about Adventure Express. Still going with Williams' Indiana Jones scores, I would choose the original 1981 Raiders March with the London Symphony from Raiders of the Lost Ark and "Belly of the Steel Beast" from Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, which I mentioned in a previous thread was played in the final tunnel with the temple god.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

Also, I forgot about Adventure Express. Still going with Williams' Indiana Jones scores, I would choose the original 1981 Raiders March with the London Symphony from Raiders of the Lost Ark and "Belly of the Steel Beast" from Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, which I mentioned in a previous thread was played in the final tunnel with the temple god.

I think it's cool KI has a history of using scores for their rides outside of the Paramount era. They played "The Idol Temple" track in the queue line, as well. I also remember The Beast played music from David Arnold's Independence Day. I believe it was "Darkest Day," which is when the ships arrive in the film. And later, IIRC they used music from Michael Giacchino's "Lost" score. During the last year of The Crypt's operation, they used Hans Zimmer's "Inception" score in the queue line and during the ride. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey! It's been a while since I've posted on here. I decided to comment on this thread rather than start a new thread since there are so many threads on this topic.

As we've discussed, Kings Island has been making improvements to the soundtrack heard around the park, namely International Street and Rivertown. In my free time, I pieced together some playlists on Spotify of International Street from 2017 and 2018 as well as Rivertown.

As a kid, I grew up going to the park under Paramount and eventually CBS/Viacom. One day, I decided that it would be cool to make a playlist of the music that played on International Street during the Paramount years. I searched through old forums and created a playlist of any music I could find from that era. These are the songs I have so far:

- James Bond "Dr No." Theme by John Barry

- Theme to Mission Impossible by Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr. (At least a similar version)

- "The Saint" by Orbital

- Love theme from The Godfather by Nino Rota

- "Breakfast Machine" from Pee Wee's Big Adventure by Danny Elfman 

- Love theme from Romeo and Juliet by Nino Rota 

- "Unchained Melody (Orchestral)" from Ghost by Maurice Jarre 

- "Top Gun Anthem" from Top Gun by Harold Faltermeyer

- Love theme from St. Elmo's Fire by David Foster

- "Italia" from The Talented Mr. Ripley by Gabriel Yared

- "End Credits" from Star Trek: First Contact by Jerry Goldsmith 

- Theme to Superman by John Williams 

- Love theme from Chinatown by Jerry Goldsmith 

- "Rose" from Titanic by James Horner 

- "Axel F" from Beverly Hills Cop by Harold Faltermeyer

- Theme to The Naked Gun by Ira Newborn 

- Theme to Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope by John Williams 

- "Imperial March" from The Empire Strikes Back by John Williams 

- Main Theme from Forrest Gump by Alan Silvestri

- End Titles from Driving Miss Daisy by Hans Zimmer 

- "Where the Money Is" from "The Distinguished Gentleman by Randy Edelman 

- "Marion's Theme / The Crate" from Raiders of the Lost Ark by John Williams.

Are there any changes that I need to make or any songs that I am missing out of that list? I plan to provide the links to the playlists on here sometime in the near future.

Thanks everyone!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

Are there any changes that I need to make or any songs that I am missing out of that list? I plan to provide the links to the playlists on here sometime in the near future.

Thanks everyone!

"A Party... For Me?" from The Addams Family by Marc Shaiman

"The Idol Temple" from Raiders of the Lost Ark by John Williams

Didn't they also play "The Odd Couple" by Neal Hefti?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

^^I've been looking for the Addams Family piece for a while. It's on YouTube, just not Spotify.

That's unfortunate. I remember it was one of the first tracks played in the morning, giving the park a magical feel as you walked through the gates. 

I also feel like they played a variety of Star Trek music, including "Main Title/Klingon Battle" from Star Trek: The Motion Picture, The Main Theme from Star Trek: Voyager also by Goldsmith, and IIRC,  the Main Theme from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan by James Horner. I could be misremembering the precise themes, but I do recall that Star Trek was well represented. 

• Like 1

The Addams family song they played in the park, and in the movie monuments area, is the second half of the Main title/Deck the Halls track, you can find on the Paramount hits cd, I know it was the year I worked before hands changed, there is also another paramount songs cd the has two disc, which a lot of those songs as well were played, if I dig through CDs later I'll put exact titles and info.

The two CDs are/were Paramount 90th anniversary most memorable 

and

Hollywood Sountracks(blockbuster exclusive)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpclK said:

The Addams family song they played in the park, and in the movie monuments area, is the second half of the Main title/Deck the Halls track, you can find on the Paramount hits cd, I know it was the year I worked before hands changed, there is also another paramount songs cd the has two disc, which a lot of those songs as well were played, if I dig through CDs later I'll put exact titles and info.

Could it have been an overture or suite? Because I definitely remember the beginning to "A Party.. For Me?" playing in the park. But I am probably mistaken. Are you referring to Paramount's 90th Anniversary Memorable Scores album? 

• Like 1

On February 23, 2019 at 6:33 AM, Joshua said:

Could it have been an overture or suite? Because I definitely remember the beginning to "A Party.. For Me?" playing in the park. But I am probably mistaken. Are you referring to Paramount's 90th Anniversary Memorable Scores album? 

It's from the actual movie soundtrack, not a compilation album, but track title is Deck the Halls/Main Title.

Which part of the park, I'm talking about what used to play in the memorabilia gardens where they had the Wayne's World car, the Untouchables cage, and over by International Street.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpclK said:

It's from the actual movie soundtrack, not a compilation album, but track title is Deck the Halls/Main Title.

Which part of the park, I'm talking about what used to play in the memorabilia gardens where they had the Wayne's World car, the Untouchables cage, and over by International Street.

In retrospect, I do remember hearing the Main Title track in the park. This version isn't from the score's actual album, as the shortened version (without Deck the Halls) was only available on compilations until La La Land Records released an expanded album a few years back. I highly recommend that release, btw. 

I swear I remember "A Party.. For Me?" as well and I'm fairly certain it was in International Street, because I would hear it while we were waiting for the rest of the park to open. This was the early days, probably 1995. 

EDIT: I thought of another one! In later years, I believe they played "Zoom B" from Mission: Impossible by Danny Elfman. 

• Like 2

I found other songs from other films, such as The Goonies and Pee Wee's Big Adventure. I believe I read that they played "Moon River" by Henry Mancini from Breakfast at Tiffany's and "Chariots of Fire" by Vangelis. The only thing Addams Family related I could find, aside from the main theme from the sitcom, was a 1 minute or so long piano cover of "A Party... For Me?"

12 minutes ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

I found other songs from other films, such as The Goonies and Pee Wee's Big Adventure. I believe I read that they played "Moon River" by Henry Mancini from Breakfast at Tiffany's and "Chariots of Fire" by Vangelis. The only thing Addams Family related I could find, aside from the main theme from the sitcom, was a 1 minute or so long piano cover of "A Party... For Me?"

I suppose you could either of those tracks to keep Addams Family represented.

Did they play The Goonies at the park? I'm assuming you mean the Main Title theme ("Fratelli Chase")?

• Like 1

Yes, "Fratelli Chase" by David Grusin. I was digging through old forums to see if I missed any from the original list and that was one that was listed, along with Beetlejuice by Danny Elfman, which they play during Haunt.

I'll be sure to add one of the Addams Family themes, even if it isn't exact. If it ever becomes available, I'll be sure to replace it with the right track.