How was your ride on Mystic Timbers?

malem

I absolutely loved the ride, non stop fun and I felt like I never sat down after the drop.

I don't think I got a good a ride for the shed. We sat outside the shed door for like 2 minutes then was in the shed for a while. Does anyone know if it is supposed to be a lot quicker going through?

• Like 3

My Mr T Review

I think the nickname is fairly appropriate for the ride.  For those GP that say it's not up to snuff because of the stats, it pities the fool.  Its a fantastic ride from start to finish.  The pre-lift is a decent build up, the ride paces very well, there's airtime everywhere including on elevated turns where you wouldn't think there'd be air, laterals were decent, the s-curve into the tunnel is everything I'd hoped, and the trick track into the jump up to the brakes and making that subtle banking turn is a great way to cap things off.  It's soooo great having the best wooden coaster trains conceived by man in the park.  This is easily a top 5 woodie for me. 

Shed Spoilers

The shed is, quite possibly, the best outcome for me.  And I'm not talking about the projection screens with the loud stuff.  I'm talking about the radio.  And, now that I've heard it has a looped soundtrack, well, its the coaster equivalent of Guardians of the Galaxy for me.  Its not too elaborate or over the top, but its enough to give the ride its own flavor and character.  How do you cap off an amazing wooden coaster?  Well, music of course.

B)  If they have some songs with saxes, then I declare Mr T proof that saxophones make everything better.

• Like 9

Having all three trains on the track today made for a bit longer time in the shed (and presumably faster lines) which I personally found very positive. 

I enjoyed singing along to Maneater so getting to hear around half the song rather than a shorter snippet was fun. There was a certain humor to it as well, because it was the first ride for most of the others on the train, and I could sense them wondering that whole time, like I did on my first ride, "is this it?"

For me the only drawback to spending more time in the shed was that it was already getting a bit stifling hot in there. I don't know if there is going to be AC or at least fans, but if not, this is going to be a real problem when summer gets here. 

• Like 7

Wow, what a great addition to the park!  I would like to hear more about the back story of Mystic Timbers, but the audio on the TVs and speakers made it hard to pick up with the large crowds and other noises.  I'll definitely be riding this many times and look forward to seeing/hearing more.  This is in the list of my top coasters at the park.

The ride itself is incredibly smooth, great pacing, and exciting from the top of the lift till you reach the shed.  I really like how there is no "slow" feeling through a MCBR (because there isn't one).  Interaction with the train and WWC is cool, and I love how they selectively cut out trees during construction and left so many remaining.  It doesn't feel like a "new" coaster in a clear cut field.  

Thumbs up from me B)

• Like 3

Just got home from the park and got to experience MT. Waited about 2 hours to ride but it was well worth it, unlike the last ride I waited that long for, Valravn which was a major disappointment. The ride is fantastic and exceeded all of my expectations. It has incredible pacing, as others have noted, after the lift hill it is non stop thrills until the end. It reminds me soooooooooo much of Maverick (one of my top 3 coasters) with it's speed, change of direction and terrain-hugging. Definitely one of my favorite coasters I have ever ridden. 

• Like 6

Amazing ride! I was lucky enough to get on as soon as the park opened and avoid the long wait. Having never ridden a GCI before MT I don't have a lot to compare it to, however it was by far one of my favorite wooden coasters to date. It was non-stop until the end. I am definitely looking forward to riding some more GCIs in the future!

• Like 3

My Mystic Timbers review,
Honestly... MT >>> The Beast. Now, hear me out. I love The Beast, it's a classic, love night rides on it, but Mystic Timbers really blew me away. I wasn't expecting a whole lot from it but WOW! This was phenomenal! Very good pacing, the speed never lets up, it doesn't feel like you're going 53 mph. Definitely feels faster. My bottom was not in my seat for most of the ride and I loved every second of it. This is an airtime machine, not to mention it is very smooth. This was my first GCI and I give Mystic Timbers a thumbs up! As far as the shed goes, I was left a bit disappointed, but still a great concept, just a bit overhyped in my opinion. The theming is great for a Cedar Fair park. The Shed kind of reminds me of like a Call of Duty Zombie mode kind of feel, like when you're in the shed and the music starts playing, that's when that COD Zombie mode feel kicks in for me, and I love COD, and the shed. Overall, I give this a 10/10! We definitely have a winner on our hands!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I agree with what Shaggy said and want to add to it.  Some folks are dissapointed with the hype of the shed but in an amazing marketing stradegy why not hype up the least exciting part of the ride and when folks ride they're like...holy s***!? while they sit in a shed wondering why the park didnt hype up the intensity and great ride they just had.  I was all about the shed until I was sitting in there like WTF just happened?!.  I knew the layout, saw the POV, and knew it had 16 airtime hills but was so intrigued by what was in the shed that I didnt expect the punch this ride packed from the first drop until the shed.  The shed wasn't "overhyped" the ride itself was "underhyped"....well played KI.  You got another award winning wood coaster in your arsenal.

• Like 3

Even though me and my brother only got one ride in I really liked it.  A very solid layout with good airtime and my favorite moment so far has to be crossing over the lagoon one last time as the track banks quickly left then right.  With the shed I went in with low expectations which I think helps to make it more enjoyable and it left me with quite a question that I know I'll have to ride multiple times to hopefully find an answer.  Also just a small pet peeve I have is that to me I still can't hear what they are saying on the lift other then "take that truck" and "don't go near the shed".  Now I just have to ride it at night!

• Like 2

So I have a question for everyone. How "rough" would you say this ride is? Is it a little rougher than Vortex or less so? I know with it being a woodie it will jerk ya around.. Just trying to figure out if I would be able to get away with riding it with how my back is or if I should just pass.. Originally I was just gonna pass on it since it is a wooden coaster but with all of the excitement and others saying how it's really smooth it has me wondering just how smooth... It wouldn't be until next week before I ride it at the earliest if I decide to

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tuxedoman52 said:

If they aren't Millennium Flyers, I don't know what they are. Certainly not PTC's.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I could be wrong but I remember the seating layout and profile of the trains in the mockup video didn't look like Flyers. Guess it's time to look for pictures!

• Like 1

While Mystic Timbers is a fantastic ride, in my opinion, I still prefer Thunderhead and Lightning Racer.  For me, GCI's perform better when they are more of a twister layout.  The out of control feeling just gets amped up when you have all those crossovers plus LR has the racing/dueling aspect. 

• Like 2

Thanks guys... May have to ride it next weekend... I'm not gonna try to say since it like me like 4-6hr lines today... Not gonna have a lot of time at the park today since we are having our Easter celebration today since my wife and I work tomorrow (yay third shift)

• Like 1

I really loved Mystic Timbers! It's fast paced, doesn't let up until you hit the final brakes at the "shed". Has a lot of air time and changes direction constantly. The shed itself was pretty cool, but I won't say what's in it (you have to ride it to find out). Overall I think Mystic Timbers is now my new favorite wooden roller coaster. GCI coasters are definitely top notch.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thatbandguy8807 said:

So I have a question for everyone. How "rough" would you say this ride is? Is it a little rougher than Vortex or less so? I know with it being a woodie it will jerk ya around.. Just trying to figure out if I would be able to get away with riding it with how my back is or if I should just pass.. Originally I was just gonna pass on it since it is a wooden coaster but with all of the excitement and others saying how it's really smooth it has me wondering just how smooth... It wouldn't be until next week before I ride it at the earliest if I decide to

Wood coasters get rough over time.  Right now with the wood is still brand new so the ride is extremely smooth.  I would compare it to Diamondback.  Millennium Flyer trains will help keep it that way but it will get rougher in the future.  A large part of this in the future is park maintenance as well since they need to go in, recognize and replace damaged wood.

• Like 4

Wood coasters get rough over time.  Right now with the wood is still brand new so the ride is extremely smooth.  I would compare it to Diamondback.  Millennium Flyer trains will help keep it that way but it will get rougher in the future.  A large part of this in the future is park maintenance as well since they need to go in, recognize and replace damaged wood.

Wow thanks :) will most likely be trying it next weekend then!!! I'm more excited now than I have been for this coaster all off season lol

Went last night and it was like a normal operating day. Park was packed to the gills.

I skipped MT. Not waiting 240 estimated minutes for one ride. It isn't happening. When it's under an hour I'll consider it. I did ride the whirlybirds and the surf dog.

• Like 1

I waited the full 240 minutes that they estimated on the dot. Got in line at 6:14 and got on at 10:14. However, there was about an extra hour of waiting because of the downtime MT was experiencing. Once I got on though, WOW! What a ride. There was absolutely no letting up from the top of the lift hill all the way into the shed. Definitely a great ride and very rerideable.

• Like 3

Went last night and it was like a normal operating day. Park was packed to the gills.

I skipped MT. Not waiting 240 estimated minutes for one ride. It isn't happening. When it's under an hour I'll consider it. I did ride the whirlybirds and the surf dog.

I was in the same boat. At around 9 though I was just like "eh, might as well." It was about 3 hours (downtime included) before we got on. Along the way we met a really nice gentleman who knew a lot about roller coasters and it was an absolute blast taking to him throughout the wait. It was about 11:30 when we finally got on. I was lucky enough to get first row with my newly acquired friend.

Mystic Timbers was amazing. We were flying through the layout with no letting up, smoothly whipping from side to side and flying out of our seat. To me it felt like a miniature Voyage. So far this is my second favorite woodie (though this may change over the weekend with the additions of (hopefully) Lightning Rod and Thunderhead). Overall, I think KI hit a grand slam with MT. It's a great ride for coaster lovers and newer riders alike.

As for the shed, I got the "Total Eclipse of the Heart" experience and I was laughing the whole time! I thought it was absolutely hilarious (then I got a surprise that scared me a little but I still enjoyed it). It was less than I expected, but in the same way, more than I expected. Honestly the only way it would have been better was if they Rick-rolled us. Still, the main takeaway is that you shouldn't expect anything mindshattering. Just expect an extra little thing at the end of an amazing ride.

Also, to all those haters, would you rather sit on a brake run or have the shed, regardless of it met your expectations?

Overall, 9.5 out of 10, possibly the best ride at KI (still have to mull it over), definitely the best woodie at KI. I can't wait to marathon this and Diamondback together over the summer. Two great airtime machines with different types of airtime (It seems like I got my wish for a coaster with some more ejector airtime!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6