How was your ride on Mystic Timbers?

malem

I've gotten 58 laps in during the last 2 days (Tuesday, Wednesday) and 78 total for the season, all without Fast Pass. I'm starting to enjoy it more and more with each ride I take, still not sure that it's my favorite GCI, but it's close.

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone has had this issue as of yet, but yesterday when riding with a friend who was riding for the first time this season, the shed was having issues. The moving props still worked (it was the first time i noticed the lockers) but the screens were glitched out with the front showing the aftermath of one the whole time, and the side had half turned off, and the other was projecting another ending. (at first when we pulled in i thought there was a new one i hadn't seen)

• Like 1

The first time I rode, none of the props moved.  We literally sat there for a good 2-3 minutes with nothing going on except music playing.  I wasn't sure what was supposed to be happening since I had never ridden it yet.  I didn't realize props were supposed to move until I read it in one of these posts.  I've only ridden it once, so I'll have to get back soon and ride it again.  Hopefully everything will be working properly.

• Like 1

My first ride was on Wednesday. I waited for about 20 minutes or so in line before boarding. I sat in row 8, closer to the back. When the train left the station, I was amazed by how smooth the coaster was compared to The Beast and The Racer, this was my first GCI so I didn't know what to expect. When the train went down the first drop, I was taken aback by the intensity. By the time I had finally processed what happened, we were already over the hill going over the lift taking a nose dive into the ravine and the reservoir. The ride had a lot of twists and banking and never decellerated until it got to the shed. Can't wait to ride again.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, meshi1962 said:

I've ridden the the ride now about 6 times. I've randomly had The Bat scene 6 times with a different song most of the time. Lol! Guess I'll have to ride it some more to get the full effect! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've rode 3 times and have yet to get The Bat lol I've had the snake twice and the tree once

• Like 1

After my 3 rides last night, I finally got the rare tree scene. I have to say, that is my favorite scene just because the cheesiness of it.

Onto the ride, I think I've ridden it about 15 times now. I rode it 3 times last night (not coaster stock, just at night before it). It has cemented itself as my 3rd favorite coaster (behind Maverick at 2 and Voyage at 1). It is just a fun, twisty, airtime filled ride. The front is my favorite because I feel like it gives more ejector air, but to be honest, no seat gives a bad ride. It's all phenomenal! I'm not going to lie because when the blueprints were first leaked, I was incredibly disappointed because it seemed like a boring family coaster with only a few quick transitions. Boy was I wrong!

I can't wait until some random Wednesday in summer where I'm just go my to marathon it for 12 hours straight (with a few breaks for the occasional Diamondback, Beast, Banshee, and Adventure Express). Overall, KI, GCI, and Adam House (who went to my former high school) outdid themselves with this awesome thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 5/18/2017 at 5:19 PM, Voicetek said:

The first time I rode, none of the props moved.  We literally sat there for a good 2-3 minutes with nothing going on except music playing.  I wasn't sure what was supposed to be happening since I had never ridden it yet.  I didn't realize props were supposed to move until I read it in one of these posts.  I've only ridden it once, so I'll have to get back soon and ride it again.  Hopefully everything will be working properly.

When you first arrive the only thing which happens is the music starts playing.  The rest of the show including the props only starts when the train starts moving into the station.  Unless you sit in the back half of the train it is possible you just missed what occurred.

• Like 1

Ok, so after many rides on Timbers this weekend I can finally post in this thread lol.

The ride is fantastic. I was incredibly impressed at how fast and how smoothly it rides through the course. Loved the floater pops, loved the twisting curves (that double-S curve is really fun), and loved the speed. I think the front is probably my favorite spot on the train, because you get launched over those hills like nobody's business, but the back is also amazing for the first and second drops. Also I found shed to be really cool. I kept finding more and more little things around that room. The amount of small details that went into theming the ride is pretty awesome. Very well done.

I can't tell you guys how excited I am that KI FINALLY has a wood coaster like this. Modern, quick-paced, lots of airtime, lots of twists, and as of right now it might be my favorite GCI. Certainly the best woodie in the park (sorry Beast), and tied with Diamondback for the best overall coaster at the park.

• Like 8

Rode MT last night for first time. Remembered to get Parent Swap pass as well, so myself and the wife could ride it. Very smooth, very fast. Same song for both of us in the shed, but different videos.

I'm not waiting 3 hours to ride again, but 20 minutes was fine.

• Like 2

Rode it 3-4 times today and I don't know if maybe I was a bit dehydrated but the laterals on some of the turns felt like The Legend today!  Also got the ending I wanted but because I was in the very front I didn't get to see the final half of it.  

My wife and I took a vacation day Monday and rode out to the park for a few hours.  We decided to take advantage of being there on a weekday and ride Mystic Timbers a few times.  We arrived at the park around 2pm and the line for Mystic Timbers averaged between 20-30 minutes, which wasn't too bad I guess.  During our time at the park, we got to ride 3 times.  That brings our grand total to 4 times this season.  Of the 4 rides on Mystic Timbers, 3 of them gave us the "Bats" ending.  We were able to see the "Snakes" ending one of the times we rode on Monday, but since we were up near the front, we missed some of it.  We rode in the very back once on Monday and I have to say that that's probably my favorite seat on the ride so far.  Everything feels so much faster back there!  It really made for an exciting ride!  I'm looking forward to riding it some more this season and hopefully we'll catch some more of the shed endings!

• Like 2

Got in rides 5-8 yesterday.  Finally got to ride in the back seat.  I have to say, the back seat (left side) takes the ride up a notch for me.  I liked it from the first time I rode, but now it is in the top 3 at the park for me.  Ready for my next trip to ride again!!!

BTW, my wife and I were talking about the Mystic Timbers tree that was at the ticket gate last year.  Anyone know what happened to it?  Thanks!

• Like 2

-end hiatus-The front of the coaster car itself feels like you are in an old Chevy going through the first couple of dips and up the lift hill. This plays out through the rest of the coaster, however, this is the least forceful seat on the whole attraction. The back, row 12 left seat is by far the sweet spot of the attraction as you feel the most g's and intensity on the first drop and throughout the attraction. You feel as if you are in the truck bed going over hills and embankments through the woods with stellar airtime. Overall 10/10 would ride again, as I have over and over again, and it is the best wooden coaster at the park.-continue hiatus-

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chad_1138 said:

BTW, my wife and I were talking about the Mystic Timbers tree that was at the ticket gate last year.  Anyone know what happened to it?  Thanks!

Unless you're talking about something other than I think, that's a Haunt decoration that pre-dates the Mystic Timbers announcement by at least a couple years. It will probably be back this Haunt. 

• Like 2

I must say, I love picking up more little details every time I go into the shed. For example,

I finally found the Coke machine everyone's talking about and I've noticed various times where "It's in the shed" is written in different places, such as the sides (Right side) and the celing

. Yeah, Mystic Timbers is still awesome. Last weekend was cool as I was working out in the Picnic Grove and could hear that unmistakable sound of Mystic roaring by. More often than not, I saw the Orange Menace hauling riders around the wooded landscape. Man, I love that ride! :D

• Like 2

I really enjoyed the ride. It's very smooth. Doesn't top Banshee, Beast, or Diamondback in my book, but it is another great coaster for the park. The shed disappointed me, but on further reflection I like the slight horror theme that goes with the ride. Maybe they'll do something with that around Halloween Haunt.