How was your ride on Mystic Timbers?

malem

Getting my first ride in tomorrow! I normally will wait for the first car, is it worth it? Or do you get a better ride elsewhere?

I have heard that middle of the train is he best for view of #whatsintheshed and the two times I've ridden it, this has proved to be true. I LOVE MT. My current park favorite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I Just rode Mystic Timbers Today and it was Great! It was My first visit this year and I got on 5 different rides (Mystic, D-back, Banshee, Beast, Racer). It felt so weird seeing it in real life after just seeing pictures, I would rate it a 7/10. It also felt great being able to ride Diamondback again.

• Like 2

it was an ok ride.  honestly though i still prefer beast as far as wooden coasters goes.  i understand that the park may have been a little nervous about adding a new wooden coaster since the last one SOB RIP ended so badly.  i think this may have caused them to be a little too cautious.  its just not a very thrilling ride in my opinion and the shed was a major disapointment.

• Like 1

I think that if a coaster akin to The Beast or SOB is what you expected- then you would definitely be disappointed by Mysti. But it's a different type of thrill entirely and that's why I appreciate it so much. It's a lean,quick, heavily (and awesomely) themed, air-time filled experience. It's simply unique from the other options at the park. The Beast and SOB are/were big, strong, mean, high thrilling, high speed, intense thrills. Big intense thrills have their fans- but there are others in the GP who are more looking for a dub experience ride like Mysti. It was an important addition for families especially. The shed may or may not be a bit overwhelming based on the hype but it's still one of the best attempts at theming at the park. I appreciate it a lot. But of course, I understand where you may be coming from.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

im sorry but there is no way i would waste more than 30 min waiting on it.  its a decent ride but i dont understand why everyone is so hyped up about it.  its a decent wooden coaster but its no SOB.  No woodie will ever come close to SOB.  

On 5/29/2017 at 11:24 AM, upstop said:

Hmmm. There is space for a live actor or two, safe distance away of course.

It would be a great addition but the shed is "lock out" which means no one can be in there while the ride is keyed on.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, metalchic said:

im sorry but there is no way i would waste more than 30 min waiting on it.  its a decent ride but i dont understand why everyone is so hyped up about it.  its a decent wooden coaster but its no SOB.  No woodie will ever come close to SOB.  

You're right...it's actually built well unlike SOB. SOB also was terrible. 

Why is everyone so hyped about it? It's re-rideable.....it's filled with airtime....the transitions are crazy....the trains are comfortable....etc. 

• Like 11

After losing 55 pounds, and doing the walk of shame more than once, I was finally able to ride MT tonight! It was well worth the wait. I came in with the mindset of focusing on the ride and not the shed, and can definitely say that ride itself is unique, intense, fun, and makes me want to come back for more. Great night! 

• Like 17

You remind me of a certain "gal" I knew back in the speculation thread

DB, fondly remembering the past

• Like 11

Finally got a night ride on Wednesday and while it was good it certainly doesn't top The Beast, Diamondback, or Banshee night rides.  One thing could do to help improve it is turn out the lights at white water canyon.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chugh43 said:

You're right...it's actually built well unlike SOB. SOB also was terrible. 

Why is everyone so hyped about it? It's re-rideable.....it's filled with airtime....the transitions are crazy....the trains are comfortable....etc. 

comfortable?  Its a roller coaster not your couch.  My 4 year old would love it.

12 hours ago, Italian Job 2005 said:

I am continually impressed by the re-ridability of Mystic Timbers. It's not like Banshee where I get a bit dizzy after every ride. I could sit on Mystic Timbers for hours and not stop giggling at all the airtime.

100% agree.  I could literally ride this coaster all day, which is a great testament to its design. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, metalchic said:

comfortable?  Its a roller coaster not your couch.  My 4 year old would love it.

You are right, it is no Maverick right?  

SOB was trash.  The hill had absolutely no airtime whatsoever, it was rough, not re-rideable, and not reliable.  Not to mention its safety record.

• Like 6

Agree on the re-ridability part.  This coaster can appeal to a broader base of visitors (which is a good thing!).  It's fun to have everyone in the family enjoy a ride, instead of a couple of people "sitting this one out" because they can't handle it.  

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Italian Job 2005 said:

I am continually impressed by the re-ridability of Mystic Timbers. It's not like Banshee where I get a bit dizzy after every ride. I could sit on Mystic Timbers for hours and not stop giggling at all the airtime.

Bro, I thought I was the only one who got dizzy after riding Banshee. IDK why but after riding I just feel light-headed for 5 mins, but after riding Mystic I felt perfectly fine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, harveyhaddixfan said:

At least you don't black out on either of them like I did on Intimidator at KD today. Both times I rode it.

From all the Coasters I have currently ridden (not much) I haven't blacked out but I heard I305 is very Intense. Hopefully, when I grow older I'll be able to hit up other parks

• Like 1

If we are comparing The Beast vs. MT, I would say that The Beast has nostalgia and intensity on its side while MT is fun and has awesome transitions. Personally, I like Mystic better than The Beast (and it shows from my ride count!), but under the right conditions, The Beast still is a force to be reckoned with.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, harveyhaddixfan said:

At least you don't black out on either of them like I did on Intimidator at KD today. Both times I rode it.

I had never "grayed out" on a coaster until I rode I-305 in 2010. I've ridden it at least 30 times since and I still "gray" every time I ride it. The bizarre thing is I never "grayed" on Backlot Stunt Coaster prior to riding I-305, now I "gray" every time since my first ride on I-305. I haven't tested to see if it will happen this year yet, but I will shortly, I'm sure.

• Like 2

I had never "grayed out" on a coaster until I rode I-305 in 2010. I've ridden it at least 30 times since and I still "gray" every time I ride it. The bizarre thing is I never "grayed" on Backlot Stunt Coaster prior to riding I-305, now I "gray" every time since my first ride on I-305. I haven't tested to see if it will happen this year yet, but I will shortly, I'm sure.

I didn't have that problem on Millennium Force at CP. First time it's ever happened to me. First hill on the first ride, second hill on the second ride. Then it happened for just a second on The Crypt. I guess it was more of a white out for me. Vision went white and couldn't see anything, but was still alert.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, harveyhaddixfan said:

I didn't have that problem on Millennium Force at CP. First time it's ever happened to me. First hill on the first ride, second hill on the second ride. Then it happened for just a second on The Crypt. I guess it was more of a white out for me. Vision went white and couldn't see anything, but was still alert.

I usually go into gray mode half way through the helix after the first drop, but come around right as I hit the first airtime hill on I-305. I did experience a very brief gray on MF  once after 2010, but it hasn't happened since. That launch into the triple helix on BLSC has definitely made it a more interesting ride for me.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, metalchic said:

Didn't say it was comfortable like riding on my couch, although the trains at Thunderhead are very much like a couch. 

Having ridden over 230 roller coasters, a coaster ranks higher in part if I'm comfortable in the trains (restraints/seats/deviders etc.) on top of the overall ride experience. 

• Like 5

First time at KI last night this season, and my son choose to ride with mom on his first Mystic Timber experience, so I haven't been on the coaster yet, I will say that I was wrong about the vine coming down the middle of the sign.  When I first saw pictures I thought it looked terrible, but now that I've seen it in person, I thought it looked awesome, how the sign is splitting in half due to the vines taking over.

On a different note, my 5 year old daughter, who is the complete opposite of my son in terms of roller coasters (at this same age point, he had been on The Beast, Vortex and all the other 48" rides) agreed to ride Woodstock Express.  She's been on it before, twice a couple of years ago when she first got tall enough, only once last year, but when we got to the park, she told me she wanted to ride it.  Even better yet, after our first lap, it was near the end of the night and there was no one waiting for our seat; she told me she wanted to ride it again, and we ended up watching the fireworks begin as we went up the lift hill.  She reached 44" for the first time at KI yesterday, so now we've got to work in FAAC.  She says she'll ride it twice, once with me, once with my wife, but that is all.  I have a feeling that once she realizes that the drops that make her scared on Woodstock Express, are none existent on FAAC, she's going to love it.

• Like 3