Mystic Timbers - Strobe Concerns

Handbellguy

Hi Folks,

I'm looking at the POV's of Mystic Timbers, and the ride looks right up my alley.  The concern is "the shed."  I'm not looking for spoilers, but I am concerned if strobe lights are in use.  I'm usually fine if a camera flash is in use.  (Though it's helpful for me to know where that is located as well.)  However, heavy use of strobes, such as what I've been told was in use in "Boo Blaster's" final room, will create a seizure risk for me.

Thanks for your help.

50 minutes ago, Handbellguy said:

Hi Folks,

I'm looking at the POV's of Mystic Timbers, and the ride looks right up my alley.  The concern is "the shed."  I'm not looking for spoilers, but I am concerned if strobe lights are in use.  I'm usually fine if a camera flash is in use.  (Though it's helpful for me to know where that is located as well.)  However, heavy use of strobes, such as what I've been told was in use in "Boo Blaster's" final room, will create a seizure risk for me.

Thanks for your help.

Check in with guest services when you go to the park and they may be able to assist you more

Unfortunately, Guest Services hasn't been as helpful for me in the past as you might hope.  I did check the Disability Guide for this year, and all they say is strobes are in use.  However, that warning is on any ride where a picture is taken.

As for Guest Services, I remember going down one year and asking about strobes on "Flight of Fear."  The clerk at the office had no idea.  She in turn called down to the ride...and THEY had no idea.  That's why I often turn to the folks who have actually experienced the ride to have a better idea of what to expect.

• Like 5

Unfortunately, Guest Services hasn't been as helpful for me in the past as you might hope.  I did check the Disability Guide for this year, and all they say is strobes are in use.  However, that warning is on any ride where a picture is taken.
As for Guest Services, I remember going down one year and asking about strobes on "Flight of Fear."  The clerk at the office had no idea.  She in turn called down to the ride...and THEY had no idea.  That's why I often turn to the folks who have actually experienced the ride to have a better idea of what to expect.

And to cross thread a bit.... this is why the ride ops need to be professional and just say the facts not make things up.

Now I understand why Terp used to always cross thread stuff. Good examples just show up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Thank you everyone for the replies.  I'm hoping to give this a go this summer!  I think I'll be able to handle "the shed" just fine.  

I should add, as far as a camera flash goes, I usually check ahead of time for cameras and locations, and then make it a point to look away.  (Needless to say, they don't sell too many on-ride photos to me!)  

Thanks again...and happy riding!