First rider event for Mystic Timbers, MILD SPOILERS! 4/13/17

MaestroJr

Been looking forward to this event for several months now and it was a fantastic, fun night at the Island! We had a beautiful evening in Mason, Ohio and truly was a magic time. I arrived at around 6:00 and headed straight for check-in. Checked in, got my Mystic Timbers swag and headed for the Reds Hall of Fame Grille for some dinner! Very strange to see an abandoned Kings Island but I met a few employees along the way to help make the walk more fun! Then I got some burgers and chicken plus a Coke in the Reds Grille and then we waited with anticipation for the opening statements. Then after getting to see Andy Dalton and announce the top 5 fundraisers, Don then asked if we were ready for Mystic Timbers, in which our response was yeahhhhh! We then got in line for Mystic Timbers and took our first rides on the brand new coaster! I rode until 9:00 when they said it would be done for the night and truly had a spectacular time! I rode it 10 times and didn't stop for anything, just got back in line again and again! It is a truly thrilling, fast, fun, and unique new woodie. WARNING, SHED SPOILER AHEAD!! The shed was a very cool ending to the ride and is very unlike any other of the parks coasters. It is a very similar concept to Adventure Express in where you've made it to the end and now the monster finally gets you! Thats all I'm gonna say about it though so I don't give away too much. Overall the ride is very fun and has so much airtime and almost never stops until the end. It is truly incredible in the dark and will rival The Beast for night time supremacy, although in my opinion The Beast is still slightly better because there is no lights or anything surrounding it, where Mystic Timbers is slightly lit up in some spots. I think I might have seen some fellow KICentral users there as I know there was many there and I think I spotted chugh43 in one of the trains on the ride as well! I also appreciate those who spoke with me and rode with me as I had a lot of fun not being by myself!  Overall it was a very fun and memorable night on Mystic Timbers and I really enjoyed riding it and spending time at the Island for the first time this year, and it should be a memorable season! I'm extremely happy to have been a part of the Inauguration of Mystic Timbers, and also thank you to everyone who helped support a great cause! 

Now its picture time! 

Beautiful Ohio Sky over Diamondback, truly a great day for some coaster rides! 

DSCF1982_zpswo5mfkg8.jpg

DSCF1984_zpskqlcjtsy.jpg

As the sun goes down, our excitement grows as we are about to ride Mystic Timbers! 

DSCF1981_zpscdhgijfm.jpg

DSCF1980_zpsqr2kfcka.jpg

Some very important people to make this all possible are in this photo, including Don and Cincinnati Bengals Quarterback, Andy Dalton!  

DSCF1986_zps21odc4yy.jpg

Nobody in line tonight at Planet Snoopy! 

DSCF1992_zpsvbbj5ou4.jpg

DSCF1993_zpst4pvgb1b.jpg

And lastly the iconic Kings Island Eiffel Tower and fountains and front of park as I left for the night! 

641626b0-0512-484d-bdec-fce709723c0e_zps

DSCF2000_zpsbsyy1pkm.jpg

Also we got some really cool Mystic Timbers merchandise! 

DSCF2003_zpsqhlz1jwm.jpg

Had so much fun on Mystic Timbers and I hope everyone else who went did too! I look forward to many more rides on Mystic Timbers this season. Thanks for reading. :)

Total ride count, only one ride of course! 

Mystic Timbers- 10

• Like 4