Instrumental music returns to International Street

BeeastFarmer

12 minutes ago, CoasterOhio said:

^ I tossed those into a playlist on Spotify, Not all of them are there though due to the fact that some of the songs do not show up on Spotify at all. (Sadly...)

I did a replacement for the Ending to the Forrest Gump theme, since I couldn't find that one.

https://open.spotify.com/user/1254863967/playlist/2z3PRJVrDOY0db5mBVVDee

That's awesome! I'll be listening to that whenever I need my "Kings Island fix"!

Absolutely wonderful and welcome return of the ambiance of I-street. Once again when you enter the park, it feels like you've entered some place truly special.  It really does help separate you from the everyday doldrums. 

A huge thank you to the park, and all involved, for making this happen. 

• Like 5

So I was at KD a few weeks ago and I realized some of the International Street soundtrack is a little different. I forgot about it until I heard the same track playing on a KI video. So I guess they must have upgraded KDs and decided to give it to KI too, which is nice.
I really admire Cedar Fair for doing this, and I'm really looking forward to see what they do to improve other parks in the chain. I feel like they made this year a light spending year because they wanted to use the extra money to improve the atmosphere of a few of their parks. It would make sense, especially considering both Worlds of Fun and Carowinds got some very needed upgrades to generally dead sections of the park. I don't know if that's actually the case, but if it is then I am all in. I wouldn't mind a few years without a B&M if it meant improving the quality of their parks.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Finally made it out to KI on Friday night for a bit.  I was excited to hear "Rhapsody in Blue" when entering the park.  Strangely enough, "Rhapsody in Blue" was playing again when I was leaving the park.  Not sure how many songs are on the playlist or if the playlist is just on shuffle, but somehow I managed to catch the same song arriving and leaving.  It was still a nice touch to International Street and hopefully I'll be able to hear more songs the more I visit this season!

I have considered bringing headphones to the park because of the pop music, I hear enough of that 'stuff' (to put it nicely) everywhere else. Part of what makes an amusement park special is music. A park needs its own soundtrack as music can get a emotional response that drives people back again and again. Why do you think Disney parks are so popular? Sure, you've got the 'Disney' stuff but you can't tell me that music has nothing to do with it. Seldom do you ever hear 'pop' at Disney. This is really, really good news about International Street though!

If the park was wise, they'd bring ragtime music back to Coney Mall, and every time you got near the Festhaus, German beer hall music would play. Have shows with old songs from Broadway like there used to be instead of making everything contemporary. It adds a sense of uniquity to the park as well as charm and pop music does none of that. Here's an old video where you can see and hear some of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo-5h6AY5FI

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for this topic. I spent a bit of time under the entrance at the charging station last time I was there and loved the film scores and classic music playing. Recognized the ET finale theme, and it never fails when I hear that as it reaches the end I always tear up. But ai couldn't place another piece. I knew it was John Williams, bit couldn't place the film. Thanks to the list in this thread I know it was Born on the 4th of July, so I thank you.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2017 at 1:37 PM, CoasterOhio said:

^ I tossed those into a playlist on Spotify, Not all of them are there though due to the fact that some of the songs do not show up on Spotify at all. (Sadly...)

I did a replacement for the Ending to the Forrest Gump theme, since I couldn't find that one.

https://open.spotify.com/user/1254863967/playlist/2z3PRJVrDOY0db5mBVVDee

Dude or dudette...You are awesome!!