Preferred parking upgrade

joelcschwartz

King Ding Dong is correct. You can upgrade on a day to day basis, but there is not season long upgrade. I imagine it would be too difficult to reserve spaces for everyone who upgraded, because the park can't anticipate how many open spaces need to be saved for people who could potentially show up if they had a season long preferred parking pass. That's a recipe for upset guests if people show up and they've paid for a preferred spot, but they are all taken up.

• Like 3

I have never upgraded but have thought about it a couple of times.   If I wanted to do it sometime what would be the proper procedure?   Pick a live attendent lane at the toll booths?    Also since i have never really paid attendtion to the pricing, what would the upgrade cost be if you already are a pass holder?

• Like 1

I have never upgraded but have thought about it a couple of times.   If I wanted to do it sometime what would be the proper procedure?   Pick a live attendent lane at the toll booths?    Also since i have never really paid attendtion to the pricing, what would the upgrade cost be if you already are a pass holder?

Totally worth upgrading in my opinion. I usually pick a lane with an attendant and right now the upgrade fee for season pass holders is $10 last year it eventually dropped to $7 and at one point down to $5.

P.S. Good to see (or read) you again King

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting enough you cannot upgrade parking at Carowinds. I was hoping that had not changed at KI this year. I most always upgrade. After a long day at the park, or If I've been with Malem, the closer parking spot is music to my feet. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, freaks76 said:

Interesting enough you cannot upgrade parking at Carowinds. I was hoping that had not changed at KI this year. I most always upgrade. After a long day at the park, or If I've been with Malem, the closer parking spot is music to my feet. 

Another 18 months and hopefully I will have my very own private valet service.

(16 year old) :)

• Like 4

Did you know you're likely to walk 5 - 8 miles a day when visiting a theme park?

But if it's worth it to you to park 300 feet closer to the gate, by all means. ^_^ In all seriousness, I totally understand in the case of mobility or access considerations and I guess it makes sense if you're looking to use your car as a locker, but I'd say most people who pay for premium parking are probably just doing it to cut out that extra 3 minutes of walking... never mind the 10 hours of walking that'll follow. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, bkroz said:

In all seriousness, I totally understand in the case of mobility or access considerations and I guess it makes sense if you're looking to use your car as a locker, but I'd say most people who pay for premium parking are probably just doing it to cut out that extra 3 minutes of walking... never mind the 10 hours of walking that'll follow. 

Some will do it just because it's an exclusive product, even if there's little practical benefit. A relatively cheap way to separate from the masses.

Cedar Point has spaces in the main lot that are as close as the preferred lot. Then there's the Soak City lot.

• Like 2

^^ Very true.  Last year we opened and closed SC/CP one day and my Mio registered 10.1 miles and that was all walking as I didn't do a single ride that day.  Back at SFSTL when my mom would go to the water park with us it was actually shorter for her when I just got the car and picked her up close to the entrance. 

9 hours ago, bkroz said:

Did you know you're likely to walk 5 - 8 miles a day when visiting a theme park?

But if it's worth it to you to park 300 feet closer to the gate, by all means. ^_^ In all seriousness, I totally understand in the case of mobility or access considerations and I guess it makes sense if you're looking to use your car as a locker, but I'd say most people who pay for premium parking are probably just doing it to cut out that extra 3 minutes of walking... never mind the 10 hours of walking that'll follow. 

Yes. It's usually 12-14 miles according to the little handy-dandy app on a phone. Yes saving the 300 feet at the end of a long day is great. Yes I'm sure a lot of us around here knew all that. Thanks though. 

• Like 1

I've premium parked before on very hot days when general parking was packed only because I was pushing a stroller and had my three young kids with me. Sit in the air conditioning with a cooler of food and ice waters to relax and cool off the family for lunch, usually would sit in the Reds restaurant for dinner. Its worth the extra money at times.

• Like 2

It's not something I personally do very often, but I'd never question others' reasons for doing it. Whenever KI can make some money (especially when it is neither coming from me nor negatively impacting me) I'm all for it. I love the park and want it to succeed. 

I use my vehicle as my locker, with changes of clothes and shoes, a cooler of drinks, extra bandaids (in addition to the ones I carry), rain gear, etc. It also offers a place to sit and run the AC if needed (although a cool breeze often runs through the lot) and spend a few minutes away from the crowds. If I didn't regularly show up very early so I can get a close parking space in the main lot, it would pay off for me much better to buy the parking upgrade than a locker inside the park. 

• Like 5

On 4/18/2017 at 10:38 PM, bkroz said:

But if it's worth it to you to park 300 feet closer to the gate, by all means.  

When you have rheumatoid arthritis, 300 feet after a long day can mean the world.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Not matter how you dice it up that trip to the car at the end of a day at the park is the longest and hardest death march of the day. :)

I've said this before.  We stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge and walked to the park ONCE.  

• Like 2

Awe yes the trams.... just a little slice of the pie but it did wonders. Grandma and grandpa didn't have to walk as at the end of the day. Sleeping kids could be put in a seat for a moment.....

I miss the trams every day haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• 3 months later...