Ridership counts?

YOULLBEBACK

21 hours ago, YOULLBEBACK said:

Yes!

The Racer:  Millions upon Millions Served!

Congo Falls:  Over 783 Served!

Pretty sure at least 200 of those rides on Congo Falls is me when I was a kid. Didn't it used to be called Amazon Falls?

• Like 1

I feel like I remember waiting in the queue a couple of times when I was a kid shortly after it first opened.  I remember the concept art for the ride that was sent in a brochure before the start of the season.  If I recall correctly, I think it showed a boat floating through the jungle or something.  I just remember thinking the final product didn't match up with the idea I had in my head based on the artwork I saw.

1 hour ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Standing on the observation deck has always been the best way to get wet from it, though. 

That depends on how wet you want to be. The ride will get you wet enough to cool you off, but not so wet that it takes you hours to dry off (it usually feels like a heavy mist, unless you get unlucky and get hit by the wave rebounding off the bottom of the bridge.) Standing on the bridge, on the other hand, will drench you and soak you to the bone.

54 minutes ago, jcgoble3 said:

That depends on how wet you want to be. The ride will get you wet enough to cool you off, but not so wet that it takes you hours to dry off (it usually feels like a heavy mist, unless you get unlucky and get hit by the wave rebounding off the bottom of the bridge.) Standing on the bridge, on the other hand, will drench you and soak you to the bone.

For me, it depends on how hot the day is. Sometimes, I actually like to be soaking wet. However, my ride of choice for this is White Water Canyon. I have nostalgic feelings towards Congo Falls, since it was one of the first rides I remember riding as a kid, back when it was named Amazon Falls and lions and trams ruled that area.  However, if Congo Falls would go the way of the Lost City of Zinj, I'm not sure if I would miss it like I miss Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal, Antique Cars, Phantom Theater, or even the lions and the trams. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I should have rephrased that to "the way to get the most wet from the ride is on the observation deck." I generally prefer not to get thoroughly soaked like that either. The first time I tried it, when I was 13, it was like a firehose had been turned on me.

The force of the water folded my contact in half and shoved it way up under my eyelid, even though my eye was barely cracked. Thought I lost it entirely for a few minutes which was a problem because they each cost like $70 in those days (which I had to personally pay for as a condition from my parents for being able to get them at all that young). I also was attending sleep-away Girl Scout camp at the time and would have had to wear my glasses the rest of the week (I hated my glasses).