Kings Island Friday, April 21st PTR

pianoman

I don't normally post a whole lot, let alone a PTR, but yesterday was a pretty unique experience for me at the park for me. It was sort of a last minute trip and since the park was only open from 5-10, I figured what the heck, I'll make the hour and forty five minute drive down. So it started like any other day. I pulled into the parking lot around 4:20, just in time for ERT. At 4:30, I headed straight to Mystic Timbers. I was probably about the 15th train of the day, so not too bad. At 5:00, the rope dropped and I was on my way through Rivertown. Since I passed Backlot, I figured I would ride it since the line tends to get long.

After I rode Backlot, I was going to head over to Flight of Fear but it was closed along with Firehawk. Oh well. I then proceeded to board the front seat of the Red Racer. But then I got the "ladies and gentlemen, we are experiencing a technical delay, please step off and get back in line". I then went to Adventure Express and it was down too. I then glanced at International Street and noticed the fountains were off. This is very unusual to see when the park is open. And then it dawned of me that the park was suffering from a power outage.

I had never experienced a power outage at the park before. Most of the rides were down as well as most of the food places were closed. So for the next hour, I just walked the midways playing on my phone. I ran into Magenta Lizard in Coney Mall and chatted with her for a little bit when all of a sudden, we all heard a very loud pop. For a split second, I thought someone might have a gun. Turns out, a light bulb from a nearby game blew out, throwing pieces of glass everywhere. Thankfully, no one got hurt. So after that, I ended up eating at Panda Express since it was open. Around 9:00, it started raining which emptied the park out. I managed to get some night rides on Adventure Express, Racer, and Diamondback. I then ended my night sitting by the fountains on International Street watching the fireworks. What a day to remember!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6