Kings Island Apr 22nd

KatieF

I went with my friend Stephanie despite the weather warnings-- and we ended up having perfect weather! We arrived at around 5oclock, and I always go counter clockwise around the park. We hit Planet Snoopy first, with a ride on Boo Blasters and Surf Dog. BB was in fairly good condition. The targets weren't very responsive, but the animatronics worked overall except for Sha--I mean the tourist. I didn't remember the 2nd Boocifer screen! 

We headed to MT next, and I was happy with our wait. We were in line for about an hour, but the theming helped pass the time quickly! I wish they'd turn off the FunTV's so you could suck up that environment more! The ride itself is magnificent. I had watched POV videos and was still surprised at some of the turns! Truthfully I was more impressed with the Shed than I expected to be. The screens used for the monsters were a great effect and we haven't seen something like this in the park for a long time! 

I'll finish up my report later! I'm on my lunch break! 

IMG_7730.JPG

IMG_7734.JPG

IMG_7737.JPG

IMG_7738.JPG

IMG_7740.JPG

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Great report Katie! Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your visit!

Thanks!! 

So, part 2-- 

After MT, we hopped over to The Beast. Unfortunately, out of everything I got to ride, I thought this was in the worst shape. The ride itself was alright, the new signs on tops of the hills. The queue was what disappointed me the most! One of the "warning" signs fell down while we waited, the old water mill thing is falling apart, and overall it felt kind of in disrepair. I could see Haunt props in a little tiny storage room in the queue, and I saw the barrels from Phantom Theatre. I think the rides queue line could really use some TLC soon. (also I must have been in line with every teenager in the park so I was super cranky then) 

We also caught rides on The Bat, Racer, BLSC,  and Adventure Express. Adventure Express was in pretty good shape! Although the big ending drummer guy wasn't moving, there were some new effects I had never noticed before that were neat! I always have issues with The Bat's queue line. I really, really hate seeing the buildings for Haunt attractions so clearly labeled and there's two things I can see in this line alone. I really feel like it sticks out like a sore thumb. The time that the park is open-- the majority of it isn't Haunt. I just wish they'd cover the signs so they'd blend in with the park more. It looks like they just didn't clean up, and it bugs me. 

We caught one last ride on MT at nighttime and truthfully-- it's giving Beast a run for its money. I only had to wait about 45 minutes, but the ride is just so mind blowing in the dark. I absolutely recommend it! We got The Bat ending, and the snakes!! 

Although we weren't there for long, I enjoyed looking for Easter eggs from the past in the park. Like as much as it annoys me that in the Bats line, I can still see the American flag and stars... I secretly like seeing that last touch from a past attraction. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MaestroJr said:

Great report and photos KatieF, good to hear that most of the rides are functioning great, especially Adventure Express and Boo Blasters which have gotten some nice work done during winter. Glad you had fun!

Thanks! I was rather relieved to see this too. Although I don't ride this when I'm there-- Vortex looked and sounded wonderful too. It still needs that fresh coat of paint, but it sounded like it had had some TLC over the break! 

• Like 1

Vortex does look nice and sounds good as well. It's nice to see them do some work for it's 30th anniversary. The new Vortex sign looks great as well.

I agree! It really made it look fresh!

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk