Kings Island May 6

DMann1979

I wasn't planning on going this day, as weather reports into Friday were calling for showers throughout the day. However, I awoke around 7am to see sunlight creeping through the window (I live in Dayton/Kettering, so only about 45 minutes from the park). A quick check of the weather revealed that the day was to be partly cloudy now with only a 20 percent chance of rain. I decided then and there to head off to the park, Gold Pass in hand for my second visit of the season.

I arrived around a quarter till 10, with a lot of people already gathering. There appeared to be a lot of school chior and band groups there. Which meant for a slightly crowded park. But since I had no other plans for the weekend, time was not a factor. I intendedto stay until it got dark anyway so as to enjoy a night ride on The Beast. Got through the gate, flashed my pass and headed towards Mystic Timbers. Even with early access a line was forming already. But I managed to get on the ride in about five minutes. What an intense fast ride that doesn't let up. A great addition to the park.

That was the start of a really wonderful day. I spent 11 hours and set a personal best record of riding eight coasters in one day: Mystic Timbers, Backlot Stunt Coaster, The Bat, Vortex, Diamondback, Adventure Express, The Racer and ending at dusk with The Beast. Would have been nine had Flight of Fear's line not been so long.

This was my first visit using the season dining and drink plan and I had no trouble. Both meals were fine and I think I got about six refills through the day. As the days get warmer that drink pass is going to come in handy I know.

This was for me one of my favorite park visits. If two weeks ago was my soft opening, this was my official start to the 2017 season.

• Like 5