First time ever trip to KI

dsepotrat

We will be at the park for the first time ever on a weekday in July.  We are experienced park enthusiasts and may even hit our 500th coaster at KI depending on how the rest of the trip goes.  Any tips or advice from those in the know would be appreciated since our time is limited and we will be shooting to ride all the coasters.  The plan is to do the Fast Lane Plus but any other time saving tips from you could help. 

• Like 1

Weekdays usually aren't too bad even in summer. Honestly I'd wait to buy Fast Lane until you get to the park and see what crowds are like. I've had multiple times that I've gone with friends and we've done all the coasters and major rides, along with some rerides, without the passes and still left the park early.

Biggest tip in general I'd say is don't go straight to Mystic Timbers/Diamondback. Since MT is a new coaster for this year that's where crowds will flock to first, but lines will most likely die down during the day. I'd recommend going to Flight of Fear and Firehawk first. They are on the opposite side of the park and usually get the longest waits due to longer load times and capacity. So hit them before the crowds get over there then would probably work around the park. Backside first would probably be best as Backlot Stunt Coaster is there and it has low capacity too so hit it before crowds as well. Most of the other coasters' lines move pretty quickly in general and again usually not too busy on a weekday.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dsepotrat said:

We will be at the park for the first time ever on a weekday in July.  We are experienced park enthusiasts and may even hit our 500th coaster at KI depending on how the rest of the trip goes.  Any tips or advice from those in the know would be appreciated since our time is limited and we will be shooting to ride all the coasters.  The plan is to do the Fast Lane Plus but any other time saving tips from you could help. 

Welcome to KIC!

• Like 1