Cedar Point 2017 Talk

We were up there yesterday afternoon and the mayflies were not horrible but they were there.  They actually seemed to be worse when sitting under an umbrella to eat or rest than on any rides.   

When I was dropping off my lunch bag at First Aid someone was being brought in with a "bug in the eye".  

Even if it isn't super sunny I have starting to make sure I have my sun glasses on while on a ride.   Even though though the odds of getting one smacked in your eye is low if it does happen your day is kind of ruined plus could make the drive home rather difficult if not impossible. 

Yesterday really got me thinking about that and I should come up with a solution for night rides as well.  Would really hate to call my wife at 10PM to tell her she needs to make a 4 1/2 round trip drive to come pick up the the boys and I or have to fork over several hundred dollars on a last minute hotel room.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just FYI...

I was at Cedar Point June 22-23 (Millennium Force Ride Night) and upon arriving at the front parking attendant at 8:50AM on Friday for Maverick ERT, we were told that as of the week prior, the Cedar Point Shores parking lot will begin opening at 9:30AM because apparently the ERT people are taking parking spaces away from guests wanting to park at Cedar Point Shores.  When we did reach the security booth by CPS, there were indeed gates blocking entrance to the lot.  Fortunately it was raining pretty hard on Friday and we stayed in the car until 9:45AM anyway, but this change is disappointing.  It makes sense but hopefully only temporary.

So, this may force you to change your strategy about getting Maverick ERT between 9:00AM and 9:30AM.  When we were there in May, we were allowed 7 rides on Maverick without getting up but once to move back a row.  I had to quit because breakfast was getting restless.

How is the walking distance from the Marina to Maverick compared to walking from Magnum to Maverick?

I noticed something kind of weird about Cedar Point that I don't see as often as other parks, and not just confined to what I saw on my recent visit. 

For some reason, I see a lot more people do walk of shames due to fear of coasters than other parks.  I don't know if its just coincidence about who I run into, but I've witnessed it enough at CP over other parks where I'm starting to take notice.  

9 hours ago, silver2005 said:

I noticed something kind of weird about Cedar Point that I don't see as often as other parks, and not just confined to what I saw on my recent visit. 

For some reason, I see a lot more people do walk of shames due to fear of coasters than other parks.  I don't know if its just coincidence about who I run into, but I've witnessed it enough at CP over other parks where I'm starting to take notice.  

Are you sure it's due to the fear or due to not fitting?

Intamin coasters are notriously tough for people to fit compared to B&Ms.  

A few years ago, I fit on Millennium Force without much concern.  Waited in line for TTD and did not fit.  I should have done the test seat, but assumed they were the same.

45 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

Are you sure it's due to the fear or due to not fitting?

Intamin coasters are notriously tough for people to fit compared to B&Ms.  

A few years ago, I fit on Millennium Force without much concern.  Waited in line for TTD and did not fit.  I should have done the test seat, but assumed they were the same.

In a group I was in a few years back one person fit on Millie and TTD, but got a walk of shame on Wicked Twister. Intaimin restrains don't seem consistent. Oh and he was able to fit on every other coaster in the park fine..

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

In a group I was in a few years back one person fit on Millie and TTD, but got a walk of shame on Wicked Twister. Intaimin restrains don't seem consistent. Oh and he was able to fit on every other coaster in the park fine..

It's funny.  I could ride Wicked Twister when I was 18, but now I can't get it over my chest/shoulders, so I don't even bother.

4 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

My last visit to CP a few years ago, I had the same experience except it was me. I had no issue on any ride except Wicked Twister. The seat belt just wouldn't fasten. I wasn't embarrassed so much as frustrated as my previous trip a year earlier yielded no issues with Wicked Twister. Very Frustrating.  

V2 at SFGA near Chicago was no problem. A very fun ride by the way.

Edited by txdrummer
Missing Content
  • Like 1

Many, many people report the same experience on Wicked Twister with no change in weight.   The consensus seems to be Intamin is shipping shorter replacement belts.  

My wife and kids all fit fine and rode it once and have no desire to ever ride it again. Same wIth Corkscrew.   There are much better options at CP.  

• Like 3

I think it might be a row thing on wicked twister. I rode it probably 6 times while I was up there. I got in every row perfectly fine (front, back and some middle rows) except the second last row. I ended up fitting but it was just frustrating. Everything else was perfectly fine except that one row. It was so weird (and I know it wasn't bloating or anything because I rode in the last row right before getting back in line).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ Yeah everything has a mechanical machining tolerance... So what is literally a .1 or .01 on the small end where the locks and harness assembly attached. You get quite a bit different at the very bottom of the harness where it presses against you. Depending on the length of the overall harness of course. 

Ehh...for Wicked Twister I don't think it's so much there are different seatbelt lengths. The harness and seatbelt is not very forgiving for this ride. If you have a larger chest or stomach, it's a struggle. I have to do some adjusting of my upper body in order to ride. 

MF and TTD seatbelts can be a challenge if you have larger hips because of where the seatbelt hits. 

• Like 1

I was denied a ride on Wicked Twister (only coaster I've had a problem with) and have never ridden it. I don't have any problems on TTD or MF. I guess it's the upper body for me. I really didn't have a chance to get settled in my seat or attempt the belt more than once before they told me I couldn't ride. Kinda felt rushed. 

• 3 weeks later...

So, I'm going to Cedar Point with my family on July 31st, and August 1st. We haven't been since June of 2008. I was only able to ride Iron Dragon and Disaster Transport. (which I know DT is gone now and Gatekeeper is there) But I just wanted to know what is the first thing you should ride for the ERT? Since can get in at 9am cause we're staying at the Express Hotel. and what rides have bins/don't have bins? Thanks in advance!

I would suggest you enter the park at Magnum and go straight to Maverick, but you may have an issue where the Cedar Point Shores parking lot in the back on the peninsula may not be open until 9:30.  If you can park in the back, that would be my choice.  Walk the Gemini Midway, cross the railroad tracks and into Frontier Town and go to Maverick.  You should be able to get multiple rides during ERT.  The GP line for Maverick can get into the 60-90-120 minute waits if the park is busy or ride issues.  We get those out of the way while the riding is good.

Maverick - Bins

Top Thrill Dragster - Lockers

Millennium Force - Lockers

Magnum XL200 - Lockers?

Gatekeeper - Lockers and Bins Sorta

Valravn - Lockers

Iron Dragon - Onride

Rougarou - Bins?

Wicked Twister - Lockers

Blue Streak - Bins

Raptor - Bins

Hope this helps.  We try to carry nothing that we can't ride with, hat goes in cargo pocket and fanny pack belted through pants loops under shirt etc.  So we don't pay super attention to lockers or bins to know but this should help.

Twister has bins in the form of shelves that are next to most of the train. Corkscrew, Mine Ride, Gemini, Skyhawk, and Power Tower also has bins. 

If you get to main lot early enough you can hop the courtesy shuttle to Resort Gate. The stop is located in Preferred lot near the Pavilion entrance.