Mother's Day Crowd

Teazy

Does anyone know what the crowd is like on Mother's Day? I know it is bring a friend discount day so that may have some impact. I typically buy Fast Lane and I am wondering if I will need to not. Thanks everyone!

Mother's Day and Father's Day are often crowded because of the cheap bring-a-friend deals, and combine that with the beautiful weather forecast for this weekend, it might be packed. Honestly, I wouldn't go even with Fast Lane, because Fast Lane doesn't get you past the food lines. Given what I've come to expect from KI's food service, hour-long lines for food are not out of the realm of possibility this Sunday.

• Like 1

As Jonathan said, good weather and the bring-a-friend discount should result in a busy day. Exactly how busy is impossible to predict.

It's certainly possible to have fun at the park even if it's crowded. Eating at off-peak times and riding popular rides (such as Diamondback and The Beast) early in the day might save you time. Rides like Vortex, Adventure Express, The Racer, and The Bat are likely to have reasonable wait times even when the park is busiest. Banshee's line should move quickly even when it's packed, thanks to its awesome crew.

Expect to wait for Mystic Timbers unless you're close to the front of the line for gold/platinum ERT at 9:30. Remember that those with bring-a-friend tickets are welcome to attend passholder ERT.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

To add to what Malem said, other things you can do on crowded days at the park are walk thru Dinos (Dinosaurs Alive!), catch some Pokémon via Pokémon Go (if you have it) or catch a few shows (especially Back to the 90's).

Another option is to bring your good camera and fill up a couple of SD cards. Then you'll have plenty of material for the offseason photo contest! :)

• Like 3

There appears to be no practical way to reduce long lines at amusement parks. It's a quirk of their design, and should just be accepted as a ritual of the culture. One alternative is to eat off-park, but since about 5,000 others will likely have the same idea, expect to travel a little farther to less-busy areas in order to avoid huge lines at off-park restaurants as well. Unless you have preferred parking, you'll have to factor in the very long walks to and from your hot car/truck, and also deal patiently with pedestrians, other vehicles, etc. on your way to the parking lot exits. Cherish the joy of each ride, meal and show, because you will have put a lot of time into waiting your turn.

• Like 4

We went last year on Mothers Day and it wasn't very crowded for rides. Food WAS an issue. I think partly because it was early in the season, new staff, new positions etc. We left and ran to the Jimmy Johns. Even with the walk to the car it was faster than the food lines.  I like spending Mothers Day at the park with my daughter, and it gets me out of breakfast with my MIL!!!!!

• Like 7

Ended up going Saturday and forked over $160 for two Fast Lanes. It was well worth it. Got multiple rides on everything. Food lines were insane all day! I do not understand how nothing is done about that issue. Trying to maneuver around the lines while walking was difficult. I waited the longest for food all day over all the rides combined! I was tempted to leave the park for food, but did not want to give up my parking. Weather was perfect thought!