Food Passes Update

awoody

Noticed today that the food passes are only valid if you've been scanned into the park.

Attempted to use the old (good ole') pass to take Chick-Fil-a home for the family and was told only people present can use the pass.

Ironically, last week I did the same thing at LaRosa's to take a pizza home for the fam, and they didn't bat an eye. In the past this has never been an issue.

I'm wondering if:

1) this a a new policy this week? (Per the CFA cashier)

2) Depends on the restaurant?

3) Depends on the cashier?

4) Was an accident the other time it happened and is standard?

What's your experience?

12 minutes ago, awoody said:

Noticed today that the food passes are only valid if you've been scanned into the park.

Attempted to use the old pass to take Chick-Fil-a home for the family and was told only people present can use the pass.

Ironically, last week I did the same thing at LaRosa's to take a pizza home for the fam, and they didn't bat an eye. In the past this has never been an issue.

I'm wondering if:

1) this a a new policy this week?

2) Depends on the restaurant?

3) Depends on the cashier?

What's your experience?

Depends on what you mean by "food pass" ..... are you speaking about a season pass dining plan, all day, or single meal plan? 

Either way, as you stated, it's an old pass.....if it's truly an old pass from yourself and/or another person in your family that's shady. I believe it also would violate our TOS here at KIC too. 

The policy has always been for the original passholder/meal plan purchaser, valid on a pass or the day of purchase. It does not depend on the cashier as it is against the policy to do so. It may have been a slip up at LaRosa's.

We've had a few posts recently about cheating out the system with meal plans and it's not okay nor is it acceptable in terms of Park Rules as well as the KIC TOS. 

• Like 2

No...it is not an "old" pass, it is entirely new, valid, current, and paid for. I mean "old" as "good ole' trusty tried and true." No need to call the FBI. Deep breaths.

Trust me, we've all got better things to do than create a pass holder conspiracy plan to "cheat" KI out of a $10 meal. Hell, $10 barely covers my gas there and back. Let alone that the 20-30 minute wait. $10 is hardly worth my time to "scam" the system. LOL.

on the other hand, if there is a training issue with their staff, then that needs to be addressed as well. Simply sharing my experience.

• Like 1

@chugh43 My apologies for the use of sarcasm when describing my pass as "old". Facetiousness doesn't always translate well on online forums. The last thing I want is people in line using old, fake, or expired dining plans. It took me 30 minutes to get a chicken sandwich at fries at 11:30 today and close to 45 minutes to get Panada Express last Friday at 6:30. The lines are long enough without freeloaders.

I mean it makes sense to only allow the food pass IF the person has been scanned into the park and present. I am assuming that this is the policy.

Or is it meant for you to be able to use all passes / dining plans that you've purchased, even if all parties are not present? I.E. - my family has 4  All-Season Dining plans, but only my daughter and I are the only ones here. (Wife and son stayed home) The two of us wouldn't be able to order food for four - right? Honestly, I have no intention of eating 8 cheese conies and 4 baskets of fries and then riding roller coasters all afternoon. That isn't going to end well for anyone.  :-)

I'm walking out of the park at night after going with friends. I stop at IS Larosa's to grab a slice of pizza on the meal plan. My family isn't there with me. LaRosa's allows me to use all four food passes to get a whole pizza to take home, even though my family isn't present. This occurred last Friday. Was the cashier not supposed to do this? Or is that allowed? Were they just liquidating end of night pizza?  Based on my experience, I'm not sure. That's why I am asking the question.

48 minutes ago, ryanhampel said:

Sorry, if you used your pass to get in to the park, how would you be marked as not 'scanned in' to the park?

That one I'm not sure about. After I explained that POV to the cashier, they agreed and processed. That and my experience with LaRosa's is what prompted me to ask the question about being present to use the Dining Plan Pass. 

3 hours ago, chugh43 said:

We've had a few posts recently about cheating out the system with meal plans and it's not okay nor is it acceptable in terms of Park Rules as well as the KIC TOS. 

Original poster said he found out today that passes are only valid if person has been scanned in park.  It sounds like he tried to use a meal plan for a person not in park.  Sounds like cheating to me and not coincidental that additional measures are being taken to ensure meal plan integrity due to recent "cheating" posts.  

Why should a meal plan assigned to a person be valid if said person isn't in park?

Keeping posting your cheats people so Cedar Fair can continue to close them!!!  And possibly void your pass in the process!!!

That's always been the policy of meal plans. If you don't scan in your meal plan isn't valid. Some people found that out during Coasting for Kids, they gave us a ticket to scan into the gate that day. We had one meal provided for doing the event, some people then tried to use all season dining for a second meal and it was declined.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Lord - no. I was at the park this afternoon. I had not used my food pass yet. I went to CFA to get something to take with me, (I would venture to say that whether I consume the food is irrelevant so long as I used my pass to acquire it) using my pass that is very real, valid, and paid for. The cashier told me that I could not use the pass for someone that wasn't scanned into the park. "Only pass holders that are in the park can use the meal plan." To which I replied, "Clearly, I am in the park. We're talking now." They then agreed and provided me with said Dining Plan food.

Last week, I was leaving the park at closing time. I stopped to grab a slice on the way out as it had been 4 hours since use. LaRosa's allowed me to use other passes, people not present, to get additional pizza at closing time.

Between that experience and the CFA experience today where they told me I was not scanned into the park, but clearly was there and could not use the pass, it prompted me to ask the question. I.E. - Am I missing something or was the LaRosa's experience an isolated incident? As someone else mentioned, your picture shows up when your pass is scanned. At 6'4" with a beard, I highly doubt someone is going to mistake me for my 4 yr old daughter.

There is no nefarious plot to circumvent the rules and exploit KI for a $10 meal. Wow - we've got some conspiracy theorists out there. I'm sorry guys. I should have never posed the question.

• Like 1

OK that clears it up and sorry we jumped your case!

Believe me it is not conspiracy theories but real cheating posted elsewhere on this forum.  And in the past KI has voided pass holder entry into park based on statements posted.

Posters here questioning your post are simply trying to ensure integrity and good relations with park.

Now yes, cleared up and yes sometimes there are issues at food places.  Your experience at closing time with the pizza was in all likelihood an employee not wanting to raise an issue and simply get off work lol.  Again, park would like to know that so in totality I think your post is valid and relevant.  We can carry on now.

• Like 1

I am not sure what post(s) involved actual cheating or abuse but if you scan into the park and have a meal plan and pick up meal and decide to share that meal with someone it NOT cheating or abusing the system.  

If you feel otherwise please provide evidence.

Mine is here: 

• Like 1