Has the Goodyear Blimp ever flown over Kings Island?

Thabto

Sorry for starting this weird discussion, but as you can probably tell from my avatar and my profile, I really like the Goodyear Blimp. Has it ever flown over KI or do you have any pictures of it? I was at Cedar Point one day when it flew over and that was quite a sight to see! How did I not implode? LOL. And if you see someone at Coasterstock this weekend with a Goodyear Blimp t-shirt, it's me!

W1CP.jpg

W1Millie.jpg

W1Rougarou.jpg

W1TTD.jpg

• Like 3

The blimp is often over KI during the tennis tournament (for those that don't follow tennis, its one of the bigger events outside of the 4 majors), its also in the area for some Bengals game and possible Reds game (though not lately).  I'm not sure about the Good year blimp specifically, but I've seen the met life blimp parked at the airstrip up in Springboro and I've seen a blimp (can't remember who sponsored it) parked down at Lumpkin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, medford said:

The blimp is often over KI during the tennis tournament (for those that don't follow tennis, its one of the bigger events outside of the 4 majors), its also in the area for some Bengals game and possible Reds game (though not lately).  I'm not sure about the Good year blimp specifically, but I've seen the met life blimp parked at the airstrip up in Springboro and I've seen a blimp (can't remember who sponsored it) parked down at Lumpkin.

Its Lunken airport, just for your information.  

Here is some information on the Goodyear blimps (or semi-rigid dirigible): http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/03/15/goodyear-deflates-blimp-but-keeps-familiar-form-in-flight.html

• Like 2

I remember seeing the Goodyear Blimp up close when I was a kid. It came around to an airport where I live. Different looking than that one in particular, but cool none the less. I remember having a Goodyear blimp inflatable toy as well. Was really cool. I have not seen it over KI that I can recall.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

I saw a different blimp last year over KI. I don't remember what was printed on it but I'll see if I can find any pics I took. 

Most likely was the Festo blimp. Festo has a manufacturing facility just south of KI and I recall seeing the blimp up last year.

festo-airship.jpg

(Source: Google Images)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
55 minutes ago, Thabto said:

Did the blimp fly over the park today? They are on their way to Memphis for a golf tournament and I heard they stopped at Lunken field for the day

They were south of the park.  We saw them from the Tower.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...