Kings Dominion picture used on Kings Island's website

Rainstormdx

I was looking at images on the official KI website when I noticed something a little.. Strange on the image used for Backlot Stunt Coaster.

Look closely at the front of the carts in the image below.

backlot.PNG

That's right. The logo on the cart clearly reads "Kings Dominion", and you can definitely see the logo for another KD ride in the background.

Don't believe me? See for yourself!: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/rides/backlot-stunt-coaster

Looks like an admin for the site must've gotten the images for KI and KD mixed up. Oh well, they are very similar!

• Like 6

Wow, Backlot is super close to Anaconda's entrance!

-MDMC, who hasn't been to KD since 2001, and recalls Diamond Falls (where KD's Backlot is being now) possibly being closed (or maybe just not operating in the time span that I was in Cong... er, Safari Village).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rainstormdx said:

I was looking at images on the official KI website when I noticed something a little.. Strange on the image used for Backlot Stunt Coaster.

Look closely at the front of the carts in the image below.

backlot.PNG

That's right. The logo on the cart clearly reads "Kings Dominion", and you can definitely see the logo for another KD ride in the background.

Don't believe me? See for yourself!: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/rides/backlot-stunt-coaster

Looks like an admin for the site must've gotten the images for KI and KD mixed up. Oh well, they are very similar!

I actually noticed that the BLSC sign is just in better shape than KI too. That's what gave it away to me.

• Like 1

The examples here don't bother me at all as they are still a good representation of the attractions at the park.   However SIX routinely uses stock photos of coasters in park specific emails and other advertisements and the type of coaster shown does not exist at that park.   That bugs me.