Use of Kings Island all season cups at Cedar Point

Rockfrog33

Does any one know if you can use the all season cup from Kings Island up at Cedar Point? My wife and I are planning a trip up there and was just wondering if anyone knew anything about using the Kings Islands cups up there or if we need to buy ones up there.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I used mine last year and the only issue was at Johnny Rockets.  They tried to charge me .25 for a refill!  Was easily resolved.

I have the disposable plan this year and had no issues with it at CP last week.  I'd assume the refillable cup would be the same.

yes the all season cups can be used at all Cedar Fairs parks.  im petsinally loving the disposable cups option available for this year.  you may want to get that option because at Cedar Point you can not take cups onto the coasters and leave them to the side like you can at Kings Island.  they make you put it into a $2 locker.  so the throw away cups is definitely a better option.

Just came back from a trip to CP.  Bought my platinum passes with meal plans and the disposable cup drink plan.  I had one heckuva a time with some employees understanding the drink plan on my passes.  We had one person tell us we didn't have drink plans and needed to see guest services, had several people see "VOUCHER" on their register and asked if I wanted disposable cups or souvenir bottles, and other places in the park scanned and gave me a cup without hesitation.  I think it was partially a training issue with some employees, and partially the fact that some of their registers are archaic and display information in a difficult to understand format.  We tried to clear it up at Guest Services there (awesome people working at Guest Services there, BTW), but continued to have varied results at different food/drink stands.  I will say, even the stands where they gave us trouble, in the end we always got the drinks we were expecting, so guess I shouldn't be too harsh on the employees.

On the other hand, my Dad has a souvenir bottle and had zero issues getting it refilled (other than forgetting it when coming into the park!)

• Like 1

^ Last year my "Home Park" was KI but I renewed my passes on the CP site this year.  Interestingly I have had similar issues with the drink plan at KI but not at CP.  our combined issues indicate there is some issue using the plan at a non-home park.  I as well I have never been denied a cup, just employees getting confused and stating something was wrong.  

Also of note is when there is an issue at a register it is not with just my pass but my two boy's passes as well.  

• Like 1

I have the disposable cup plan, and I have been exceedingly happy with it, haven't had any problems that have actually kept me from getting a drink. Really my only complaint, and it is minor, is that so many of the Freestyle machines are only accessible through waiting in a food line (or completely inaccessible like the two in Jukebox Diner that are on the side that is almost never open- would love to see that turned into a drinks only line).

One day I went through the quick drinks line in the Festhaus, went out and drank my drink, threw out my cup, had a ride, wandered around awhile. Came back like 45 minutes later to get another, and the young woman apparently recognized me from earlier (the pigtails make me distinctive I guess). "Did you throw away your cup? You're supposed to keep your cup to get a refill." She still gave me a new cup, so I didn't worry too much about it, just made sure to get my next drink at a different location :) I'm sure she eventually figured it out. 

• Like 3

That's funny because earlier this season the attendant at the Coke refresh stand by Diamondback made me throw away my paper cup and get a new one due to "cross contamination".   Had I been in a more feisty mood I would have asked her what she asked souvenir cups holders to do.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

I have the disposable cup plan, and I have been exceedingly happy with it, haven't had any problems that have actually kept me from getting a drink. Really my only complaint, and it is minor, is that so many of the Freestyle machines are only accessible through waiting in a food line (or completely inaccessible like the two in Jukebox Diner that are on the side that is almost never open- would love to see that turned into a drinks only line).

The new Island Smokehouse in Soak City has Freestyle machines on both sides, and there's a drinks-only line to access them without waiting in the food line.

There's also the Coca-Cola Marketplace location in Oktoberfest (not technically standalone, as there are light snacks) and the refreshment stand at the KI&MVRR Rivertown station.

8 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

That's funny because earlier this season the attendant at the Coke refresh stand by Diamondback made me throw away my paper cup and get a new one due to "cross contamination".   Had I been in a more feisty mood I would have asked her what she asked souvenir cups holders to do.   

Soda fountains do get contaminated when soiled drinkware is refilled and contact with the nozzle is made. Granted, preventing it at self-service locations is futile.

Anyone with a compromised immune system really shouldn't be drinking out of any soda fountain anywhere.

^ I have no doubt they do, but nobody is making the souvenir cup holders clean their cups.   :)

Regarding the drink refil lines at Island Smokehouse, has anyone tried the paper cup option with those lines?  The signs I saw Sunday were pretty specific to souvenir cup and the only time I went in there was for food so I didn't get a chance to test it.  Should have asked.  

18 hours ago, chugh43 said:

I don't drink soda, haven't for almost 8 years.....most if not all locations have a Hi-C or Powerade. Some locations even have Gold Peak Teas. 

I definitely recommend the Powerade option for a hot day. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, chugh43 said:

I don't drink soda, haven't for almost 8 years.....most if not all locations have a Hi-C or Powerade. Some locations even have Gold Peak Teas. 

Power Aid, HI-C and Gold Peak Tea are not good options for be as most to those options have as much sugar if not more than pop.  

The healthiest option will always be water. If you are avoiding sugar, definitely go with that and if you have the drink plan, make some water trips  every so often to balance things out. Of course, not all of us are avoiding sugar when we skip out on soft drinks. On a hot, sunny day, I think drinks like Hi-C and Power Aid taste better (and leave a better after taste) than Coca-Cola and Diet Coke.

• Like 1